PDA

View Full Version : JordanCon 2012 & Theoryland

Tamyrlin
10-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Hey guys - some of you have mentioned you will not be able to attend JordanCon 2011. Teri and I will be there and we hope as many that can make it do show up, because it's a blast. That being said, for those that can only make one of the next two, or for those that cannot make JordanCon 2011, I'd like to suggest that we make JordanCon 2012 THE Theoryland meetup. It would appear that we will see the final book in 2012, likely in the Spring (although that's not really known at this point.) As we will likely have the final book, I would love to get as many of us Theorylanders together and JordanCon is a great place to do it.

So, please do your best and make it to JordanCon, especially 2012 if you can only make one of the next two. Make plans now, stock away some cash, and make it happen. Especially you veterans, it will have been fourteen years for some of you and it would be a nice way to cap it off.

Of course, if you can make JordanCon 2011 too, that would be awesome. We have a rep to uphold, namely our domination of Trivia :)

Isabel
10-11-2010, 12:49 PM
:) I will definitely do my utmost best to be there at JordanCon 2012. Even if i have to live on bread and water for a while.

If the building project is going ahead, my new house will be delivered in 2012. So i will be paying double rent and morgage for a few months. So it will be harder to be there.

lowlandr
10-12-2010, 02:15 AM
So, please do your best and make it to JordanCon, especially 2012 if you can only make one of the next two.

I'll see what I can do.. What month in 2012 will the Con be?? 2011 won't work..

If the building project is going ahead, my new house will be delivered in 2012.So i will be paying double rent and morgage for a few months.
With the current housemarket, it might be a bit of a challenge :confused:

few months?? a matras on the floor and a bag with cloths works just fine.. Trust me, I know :D

Isabel
10-12-2010, 11:00 AM
I'll see what I can do.. What month in 2012 will the Con be?? 2011 won't work..

It will be in april. At least all the other Jordan Cons were in april.

With the current housemarket, it might be a bit of a challenge :confused:

few months?? a matras on the floor and a bag with cloths works just fine.. Trust me, I know :D

As the house is being build and more is delivered or ready, i will pay more and more morgage. Even if the last 10% isn't ready yet, i still pay 90% morgage )

Brita
11-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Great idea Tam- I can only make one meet-up and 2012 would be AMAZING! And I can definitely save enough cashola by then.

Jonai
11-28-2010, 03:34 AM
I'm planning on being at both of them. I'm not worried about the logistics atm. That's what credit cards are for. :)

Khoram
11-29-2010, 05:16 PM
I will definitely plan on attempting to make it to JordanCon 2012 - no money at the moment, seeing as I'm going to France and Spain in August.

Fun stuff.

Juan
01-29-2011, 12:34 AM
I will definitely try my very best to be there. In fact I'll find a freaking way unless something insane happens.

But I don't know much about the event. I mean I've seen videos on youtube of the event, but could you give me more info?

For example, how much does it cost to attend the event, how long does it last? Cause money seems to be many people's big issues, so I'm scared that the price will be very high.

Also what's the other WOT convention? Dragoncon? What's the deal with that?

Terez
01-29-2011, 02:37 AM
DragonCon is not a WoT convention. It's just a Geek Con, and one of the biggest in the world, and it has a WoT track which is a very small part of the overall Con. Brandon is not going to be there this year, and maybe not next year either. He was there this past year, but Harriet and Maria were not.

The con ticket itself is pretty cheap relatively, but the hotel is a different story.

Juan
01-29-2011, 12:06 PM
I see. Well no thanks Dragoncon then.

How much are we talking about here with the hotel and ticket? How long does it last? And maybe you can stay at a different hotel that's cheaper?

Khoram
01-29-2011, 03:44 PM
I see. Well no thanks Dragoncon then.

How much are we talking about here with the hotel and ticket? How long does it last? And maybe you can stay at a different hotel that's cheaper?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the hotel that people would be staying in gives discounts depending on how many people are together? Maybe that's why a certain hotel is chosen over another?

Juan
01-29-2011, 10:03 PM
I think I read that somewhere so maybe... but around how much are we talking about here? I need numbers so I can plan this out!

Isabel
01-30-2011, 12:21 AM
The hotel room is 107 per night. How much you pay depends on with how many people you are sharing your room.

The ticket to Jordan Con is I think around 60 dollar, or might be cheaper if you order it earlier.

Juan
01-30-2011, 12:37 AM
Thanks. That's not too bad for 2012 if I start saving up now... I will find a way! Oh and how many days/nights does it last?

Birgitte
01-30-2011, 12:15 PM
The actual con starts Friday morning and ends Sunday night. How long you're there is up to you. :) I went last year and got there Thursday night and left Sunday afternoon.

Khoram
01-30-2011, 01:04 PM
What point in the spring is it held usually? Depending on the dates, I might not be able to make it, depending on exams and all that jazz. Blegh. I'm assuming that it's gonna be held in the spring for 2012, too. Unless we wanna hold it in December. ;)

Isabel
01-30-2011, 11:06 PM
Normally it's held somewhere in april. I think they will announce the exact date this jordan con.

Juan
01-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Keep us updated with all the info please. Also, is there a place/site where you can find out all the details as to the event? What is consists of? The different activities, things you should bring, etc.

So since 2012 is the big year. We Theorylanders need to go there and take over the Con.

Isabel
01-31-2011, 10:20 AM
The website is www.ageoflegends.net