PDA

View Full Version : Bloodknife combination?

NaeffOfDreams
11-10-2010, 10:06 AM
I wish this would have come to mind in time to send with someone to a signing. The Warder bond lets the Warder draw strength from his/her Aes Sedai, even in extreme situations like Birgitte's fading away in TFOH. What would be the effect of a Warder wearing a Bloodknife ring ter'angreal? Would he die? Would he live in a perpetual state of shadowy craziness?

Davian93
11-10-2010, 10:09 AM
He'd likely die but take a bit longer about it than the average person.

Of course, it might just really mess up the AS too in the process depending on how the ring is sucking out the lifeforce and all.

GonzoTheGreat
11-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Good question. Rand should probably receive such a ring, just in case it does any good.

WinespringBrother
11-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Warders have their cloaks, they don't need the rings :)

How about a grey man wearing a Bloodknife ter'angreal?

GonzoTheGreat
11-10-2010, 10:24 AM
The ring also provides extra speed, though.

Would the ter'angreal work on an Ogier?
For that matter: what if Shaidar Haran gets one?

ShadowbaneX
11-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Looney theory: what if Rand, Nynaeve & Moiraine got the three that Gawyn has as they link up with Callandor to Seal the Bore? Also, I wonder if Nynaeve could Heal this? Or perhaps just Nynaeve's Healing? Or general Aes Sedai Healing? I wonder how the Seanchan would feel if they knew that their l33t assassins could have just easily been Healed to avoid losing them all.

GonzoTheGreat
11-11-2010, 05:14 AM
From what we know of them, those rings won't work anymore. They worked only once, and then never again.

Barosanu
11-11-2010, 05:20 AM
The ring also provides extra speed, though.

Would the ter'angreal work on an Ogier?
For that matter: what if Shaidar Haran gets one?

It would probably won't work on Shaidar haran; so far, everyone in his proximity doesn't feel the True Source anymore.

Belazamon
11-11-2010, 02:16 PM
From what we know of them, those rings won't work anymore. They worked only once, and then never again.
I'm probably forgetting the appropriate bit from tGS, but if the rings were a "one-time use" thing, then how could the Bloodknives take them off and put them back on later in order to mitigate the effects?

Terez
11-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Not true. Brandon says the Seanchan don't know how to make them, so it follows that they have a limited and reusable supply of them.

ckparrothead
11-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Yeah I kind of took it that Gawyn kept them because he's going to end up using one in defense of Egwene's life.

GonzoTheGreat
11-12-2010, 05:19 AM
Not true. Brandon says the Seanchan don't know how to make them, so it follows that they have a limited and reusable supply of them.You seem to be correct. Annoying, that, since it (almost) suggests that I was wrong.

Jonai
11-12-2010, 05:23 AM
It would probably won't work on Shaidar haran; so far, everyone in his proximity doesn't feel the True Source anymore.

Isn't that because they're all sworn to the Shadow? Giving up basic protections and all that.

If the rings have any juice left at all, Gawyn should put on all three a the same time. ^^