PDA

View Full Version : Random question

Dewairah
11-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Moiraine put all the objects of power on Kadere's wagons and they crossed the dragon wall into caihrien - and then i lost track of them.

I dont remember there ever being a scene whether the wagons arrived at the tower or the objects were stashed in a room in the sun palace because all of kadere's wagon men ran away or died from losing maiden's kiss ..

Anyone know what happened to those half dozen or so wagons full of power objects?

Madgod
11-10-2010, 05:25 PM
According to RJ:
TOR Questions of the Week, February 2005-July 2005

Week 3 Question: After Moiraine fought Lanfear in Cairhien, what happened to the wagons full of ter'angreal and such that came out of the Aiel Waste? Are they just in some storeroom there? And what happened to Moiraine's horse Aldieb?
Robert Jordan Answers: The ter'angreal and so forth that came from Rhuidean are still in Cairhien for the moment, warded by Rand so they aren't accessible to anyone but him. Aldieb is in the stables at the Sun Palace.

Dewairah
11-10-2010, 05:29 PM
omg

thanks so muhc.

i've been wondering about that for a decade.

WinespringBrother
11-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Aldieb is going to be so psyched!

Dewairah
11-10-2010, 05:39 PM
tell me about it!!!

i wonder whether brandon will reunite them..

You'd hope so.

The only person who might top aldieb in excitement is rand and lan i think.

cant wait for next book :(

jana
11-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Aldieb is going to be so psyched!

haha. She probably looks down her nose at everyone but Mo.

(now that I think of it, I'm not sure whether Aldieb is a boy or a girl)

morat'corlm
11-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Aldieb's a mare.

jana
11-10-2010, 06:07 PM
I really wish there was time for stuff like that. I mostly blame the trollocs in Caemlyn. If not for that I think we should get to read them Travelling to Cairhien to get Aldieb, finding clothes and a kesiera, and doing other Moiraine things.

But NOOOOOOO, the stupid shadow had to attack before we were ready.

metaphor
11-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Egwene is going to make a deal with the WO that the Aiel can keep the objects of power from Ruhidean. Would the ones in Cahirien count too orthey are already forfeit?

metaphor
11-10-2010, 07:15 PM
It has always been the As' property, which they had given to the Aiel to guard until it could be given back. The Aiel themselves knew of that.

Davian93
11-10-2010, 07:16 PM
It has always been the As' property, which they had given to the Aiel to guard until it could be given back. The Aiel themselves knew of that.

I'm not sure on property laws but after 3500 years, I think common law applies and they can claim ownership on it.

morat'corlm
11-10-2010, 07:22 PM
It has always been the As' property, which they had given to the Aiel to guard until it could be given back. The Aiel themselves knew of that.It was the property of the Aes Sedai of the breaking era, of whom the only remaining representatives are Rand and the Forsaken. I'm not sure how a radically different organization can claim the property just by right of succession... wouldn't that give damane an equivalent claim?

Madgod
11-10-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure on property laws but after 3500 years, I think common law applies and they can claim ownership on it.

Just because they can doesn't mean they will. They never showed that much interest in the -'angreal before, even when Moiraine took them. If the Aiel still think of the relics as AS owned then they might just give them to the White Tower.
And the main difference between the damane and the AS is that the Wise Ones acknowledge the White Tower as the successors to the AOL AS.

metaphor
11-10-2010, 07:36 PM

It was the property of the Aes Sedai of the breaking era, of whom the only remaining representatives are Rand and the Forsaken. I'm not sure how a radically different organization can claim the property just by right of succession... wouldn't that give damane an equivalent claim?

It kinda does in Randland, when events happened thousands of years ago have direct consequences on current events. AS follow laws they have made right after the breaking and after the trolloc wars(the oaths) So do the Aiel, and the Seanchan, who consider oaths given 1000 yars ago to be binding.
Furthermore, the Aiel never considered the Te'angreal to be theirs, and never used them. They rarely even saw them.
And the law of the White Tower consider all objects of power to be property of the AS. It was Moraine after all who started bringing back the Ruhidean Terangreal after all, not Egwene.
Egwene is the one who recognized the right of the Aiel to own those objects.
I'm baffled at how you can bash Egwene for doing something good.

jana
11-10-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm baffled at how you can bash Egwene for doing something good.

In time you will become numb.

Davian93
11-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Well, I can probably twist just about anything into a way to bash Egwene (See, I'm honest about myself)

Seriously though, the Aiel did use both the crystal rings and the other doorway for initial Wise One testing/Clan Chief testing so they did use some of them.

In addition, Rhuidean AND the Aiel are sworn to Rand so basically they belong to Rand at this point. Rand/LTT was also First Among Servants in the AoL so he has title to them that way too. Basically Moiraine had no right to take them regardless of what White Tower law states.

metaphor
11-10-2010, 07:51 PM
In time you will become numb.
I see
http://i53.tinypic.com/w2bpjr.png

Well, I can probably twist just about anything into a way to bash Egwene (See, I'm honest about myself)

Seriously though, the Aiel did use both the crystal rings and the other doorway for initial Wise One testing/Clan Chief testing so they did use some of them.

In addition, Rhuidean AND the Aiel are sworn to Rand so basically they belong to Rand at this point. Rand/LTT was also First Among Servants in the AoL so he has title to them that way too. Basically Moiraine had no right to take them regardless of what White Tower law states.

People in Randland in general have a very feudalistic view of what is right.

jana
11-10-2010, 07:58 PM
I see
http://i53.tinypic.com/w2bpjr.png

:D:D:D

Caveatar
11-10-2010, 08:13 PM
:D:D:D
Is that...It looks like Elayne coming from a bath? :D

Dewairah
11-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I feel sorry for rand.

not only does he not know he has kids on the way
he wont know that they're going to be waterlogged either :(

kivo
11-10-2010, 08:34 PM

Well, they say possession is 9/10ths of the law, so I guess they are either Rand's now, or by virtue of her ascension to the Sun Throne, Elayne's.