PDA

View Full Version : The Black Ajah?

gholam
11-11-2010, 08:56 AM
In chapter 15 using a pebble p.225-229 in Orbit edition, Seaine outlines the probable methods of defeating the oath rod.

Assuming that one of them actually was used, what would stop Mesaana from teaching the weaves to some of her BA followers.

If she had taught those weaves, then it is a definite possibility that those BA sisters used it to get around the re-swearing initiated by Eggy the egghead.

It definitely means that there could be BA in the newly sworn sisters

Edynol
11-11-2010, 10:09 AM
That's an interesting thought. And though the Foresaken rarely show their tricks to anyone else for fear of it being used against them, it is possible she might be desperate enough after seeing her network fall apart to teach it to a few others.

Terez
11-11-2010, 10:13 AM
In chapter 15 using a pebble p.225-229 in Orbit edition, Seaine outlines the probable methods of defeating the oath rod.

Assuming that one of them actually was used, what would stop Mesaana from teaching the weaves to some of her BA followers?
The same thing that kept her from teaching fancy weaves to Alviarin, presumably.

gholam
11-11-2010, 10:17 AM
The same thing that kept her from teaching fancy weaves to Alviarin, presumably.

I did consider the possibility but desperate times need desperate measures.

She might have picked someone who is a new initiate or someone who was lower down in the BA hierarchy.

The methods outlined were a probability. And Mesaana teaching the Children could be a possibility.

When the tough gets going, the weak gets tough.:)

David Selig
11-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Assuming that one of them actually was used, what would stop Mesaana from teaching the weaves to some of her BA followers.
I checked the interview databse, Sanderson has confirmed that one of those methods was used by Mesaana.

I don't think she shared it with the BA though. All of those named on Verin's list, which were forced to reswear the oaths, didn't know the trick. Many others left, which would indicate they didn't know it either.

Mesaana wasn't expecting this strategy from Egwene, so didn't prepare the BA for that.

gholam
11-11-2010, 10:40 AM
I checked the interview databse, Sanderson has confirmed that one of those methods was used by Mesaana.

I don't think she shared it with the BA though. All of those named on Verin's list, which were forced to reswear the oaths, didn't know the trick. Many others left, which would indicate they didn't know it either.

Mesaana wasn't expecting this strategy from Egwene, so didn't prepare the BA for that.

Hmm... so the forsaken are really dumb.

No Plan B.

No wonder Rand and the children Nynaeve and even the lowly Eggy the egghead could easily best them.

Considering the fact that Mesaana is an excellent administrator it's a bit of a letdown she didn't have a backup plan

alleluia_cone
11-11-2010, 01:45 PM
The Forsaken, absent Moridin, don't care about the Dark One's ultimate plans. Their main enemies are each other. I think Mesaana would rather kill Demandred than Egwene. Mesaana is not all that concerned with what happens to the Black Ajah so it explains why she wouldn't bother teaching the weaves.