PDA

View Full Version : An opportunity?

dominominic
11-12-2010, 02:32 PM
This caught my attention and I haven't seen it discussed much. Apologies if I've overlooked something:

"I have a better plan, more bold. You will be impressed. Al'Thor thinks I am dead, and so I can--"

"No." Such a quiet voice, but so horrible. Graendal found she could not speak. Something had taken her voice. "No," Shaidar Haran continued. "This opportunity has been given to another. But Graendal, you shall not be forgotten."

Who has the "opportunity" been given to? Is it a continuation of the "bring him agony" thing? Does it make you think the Cyndane dream interruption is part of a shadow plot(Presuming the "opportunity" was passed to her?)

Or am I missing something?

Jonai
11-12-2010, 02:35 PM
I think Demmy is in charge of the bring the pain plan. It seems to me that Cyndane is in too much pain to do much of anything. Of course that could be the mind trap and her soul and her body is maybe raping light forces around the world.

dominominic
11-12-2010, 02:49 PM
I think Demmy is in charge of the bring the pain plan. It seems to me that Cyndane is in too much pain to do much of anything. Of course that could be the mind trap and her soul and her body is maybe raping light forces around the world.

You see, I think the Cyndane thing is a trap. She was quite vehement at the Cleansing and I can't see why her feelings would change.

Unless Terez is right and she's suffering under the ministrations of Moridin.

Jonai
11-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Well, she hates Lews Therin, and wants to kill him. To boot, she is an evil son of a beotch. But say Moridin lets slip the true Dark One plan. What has she to lose?

FelixPax
11-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Who has the "opportunity" been given to? Is it a continuation of the "bring him agony" thing?

Moridin.

dominominic
11-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Moridin.

Why would Moridin need to be "given" it? He's Nae'blis; presumably he'd just take it by decree if he wanted it?

Enheduanna
11-12-2010, 03:32 PM
It's possible Moghedien or Lanfear has been given the opportunity via Alanna's bond. It's well within the ability of either of them to have physically pulled Alanna into TAR, and taken the bond from her. This could account for Rand's dream, if Lanfear was the one to take the bond. It would also account for Alanna's disappearance.

dominominic
11-12-2010, 03:44 PM
It's possible Moghedien or Lanfear has been given the opportunity via Alanna's bond. It's well within the ability of either of them to have physically pulled Alanna into TAR, and taken the bond from her. This could account for Rand's dream, if Lanfear was the one to take the bond. It would also account for Alanna's disappearance.

Interesting. Although I think you csn discount Moggy. Why would she get a reward?

Also, if it was through the bond you'd think Rand might have noticed. The oft-remarked-upon "bundle of emotions" would surely have changed?

Grig
11-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Also, if it was through the bond you'd think Rand might have noticed. The oft-remarked-upon "bundle of emotions" would surely have changed?

Not necessarily. Well, Lanfear being Dark and not all that successful probably gets her share of torture, which would be noticed. But for the bundle of emotions, both Lanfear and Alanna are horribly unstable. I was under the impression the only reason Lan could tell the difference is because Myrelle and Nynaeve are so different in their general emotional demeanor.

Hm, that makes me think. Rand thinks Alanna isn't a weapon against him since the FS know where he is. What if the bond-transfer is correct, and he feels "Alanna" being tortured and goes to her, only to find Cynfear and a trap? Hmm...

dominominic
11-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Not necessarily. Well, Lanfear being Dark and not all that successful probably gets her share of torture, which would be noticed. But for the bundle of emotions, both Lanfear and Alanna are horribly unstable. I was under the impression the only reason Lan could tell the difference is because Myrelle and Nynaeve are so different in their general emotional demeanor.

Hm, that makes me think. Rand thinks Alanna isn't a weapon against him since the FS know where he is. What if the bond-transfer is correct, and he feels "Alanna" being tortured and goes to her, only to find Cynfear and a trap? Hmm...

Cyndane had a murder-fixation for LTT at the Cleansing. That's the kind of thing I'd expect could be felt through the bond.

The same cannot be said for Alanna.

dpt24
11-12-2010, 07:04 PM
It's likely Damedred who's been given the opportunity to kill Rand.

Terez
11-13-2010, 12:08 AM
It's Demandred, as I keep trying to tell everyone:

TITLE - The Gathering Storm
PROLOGUE - What the Storm Means

"I want Lews Therin," Demandred said, his voice deep, his expression dark, as always. "Semirhage knows that. She also knows that if she'd killed him, I would have found her and claimed her life in retribution. Nobody kills al'Thor. Nobody but me."

"You or the Great Lord, Demandred," Moridin said, voice dangerous. "His will dominates us all."

alleluia_cone
11-13-2010, 12:24 AM
It's Demandred, as I keep trying to tell everyone:

If it's him, I'd think the Lanfear dream is not likely to be a plot of Moridin then, unless he's decided to give it a go as well.

Terez
11-13-2010, 12:29 AM
I never said the dream was a plot to kill Rand.

alleluia_cone
11-13-2010, 12:34 AM
I never said the dream was a plot to kill Rand.

So you think that Lanfear is being genuine?

Terez
11-13-2010, 12:56 AM
I don't think it was Lanfear at all, but rather a product of Moridin's mind. It might have been Lanfear, but in that case it pretty much has to be a byproduct of the Mindtrap.