PDA

View Full Version : Since when the Glossary has had spoilers?

looqas
11-15-2010, 01:47 AM
NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo! Damn you Brandon!

[my first post below does NOT contain spoilers, but the thread got derailed to spoilers so if you don't want to know Asmo's killer better stay away from ToM's Glossary and the rest of the thread]

I've been so hard trying to avoid spoilers that I've been avoiding the board for a better part of 3 weeks. And when I got the book I started reading it. I came to one of Eg's visions and wanted to check something from the Glossary. My eyes fell on one particular Forsaken and there it was. The name of Asmo's killer. :mad:

Btw, I'm still at "Use A Pebble" chapter, so I haven't finished the book yet. And I pressed New Thread without taking sneak peaks at the topics. I just could not stay away from the boards, but had to come and fume.

So since when the Glossary has has spoiler in it? It used to be that glossary only served as a catch up before reading the book (i.e. contained info only from the previous books and not info about this book).

gholam
11-15-2010, 02:05 AM
There were spoilers about the glossary spoiler. It's your badluck not to have seen them. LOL!

Jonai
11-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Well Looqas, my sweets, unfortunately, glossary spoilers aren't new to ToM. In tSR's glossary, the tower coupe and Elaida's rise were spoiled. Sorry you got spoiled. lol

Andrac
11-15-2010, 03:01 AM
Wait what? Where does it say who his killer is? This is in the glossary of towers of midnight? Why would that just be randomly thrown in the glossary after all these years if the answer is never in the actual story?

jana
11-15-2010, 03:45 AM
Uh, if you're on Use a Pebble it's not a spoiler.

It was revealed in Chapter 5 if you were paying attention. "You're beginning to make a habit of this, Graendal" or some such.

Why would that just be randomly thrown in the glossary after all these years if the answer is never in the actual story

If you're not joking, it was in ToM twice. Anyone who cares about Asmodean should have been able to read between the lines.

looqas
11-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Uh, if you're on Use a Pebble it's not a spoiler.

It was revealed in Chapter 5 if you were paying attention. "You're beginning to make a habit of this, Graendal" or some such.

If you're not joking, it was in ToM twice. Anyone who cares about Asmodean should have been able to read between the lines.

Dang you Jana! Spoiled it for me twice! Maybe even spoiled it for someone else who did not get the hint. :D

If that was it then it was still pretty vague. I personally would not have necessarily deducted her to be the Asmo's killer based on rather vague one liner. And yes. I was paying attention to that line... I was looking forward to actually reading a POV or something more about why, what went on and such. This is actually quite anti-climatic if Asmo's mystery was only that. Mind you I have not finished the book. Just finished Shanarrarraraarar named chapter.

I'm now officially disappointed how it turned out. But at least the Glossary spells it out right, so we can put the thing to rest.

jana
11-15-2010, 06:29 AM
Dang you Jana! Spoiled it for me twice! Maybe even spoiled it for someone else who did not get the hint. :D

Sorry, but, only sort of. You should totally be reading instead of posting

looqas
11-15-2010, 06:33 AM
Sorry, but, only sort of. You should totally be reading instead of posting

Indeed! And don't worry I really don't blame you. I'm just kinda effed up how this turned / is turning out :D

I'm totally off the boards until I have read the last line and then we can pick off this thread again.... see in a week or so.