PDA

View Full Version : a smoking pipe

halo6819
11-16-2010, 11:50 AM
An open cavern, gaping like a mouth. Bloodstained rocks. Two dead men on the ground, surrounded by ranks and ranks of Trollocs, a pipe with smoke curling from it.
-Towers of Midnight, For what has been wrought

not much of a theory, or even much of a thought, but for some reason when i read this i thought of the pipe talmanes got from the king of murandy. specialy since he is a big suspect for being demandred.

jana
11-16-2010, 01:34 PM
not much of a theory, or even much of a thought, but for some reason when i read this i thought of the pipe talmanes got from the king of murandy. specialy since he is a big suspect for being demandred.

i did too, when i was trying to scramble all of demandred's alter egos together to spell a cool word. but then i completely forgot about it.

my other thought is it means rand gets to relax for 500 years after the last battle.

Tower of Ghanja
11-16-2010, 03:51 PM
I thought of Tam.

No big theory, just thought of Tam. Hope not.

Madgod
11-16-2010, 08:06 PM
My impression on that entire sequence was that Rand confronts the DO, dies and then gains peace afterward somehow. The pipe to me symbolizes Rand just having a chance to sit back, enjoy life, and smoke a pipe or two to relax.

metaphor
11-16-2010, 08:21 PM
My impression on that entire sequence was that Rand confronts the DO, dies and then gains peace afterward somehow. The pipe to me symbolizes Rand just having a chance to sit back, enjoy life, and smoke a pipe or two to relax.

Or maybe he'll just win a philosophical debate with Ishamael.
As Verin said, "the last battle isn't going to be fought like Rand believes".

jana
11-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Or maybe he'll just win a philosophical debate with Ishamael.
As Verin said, "the last battle isn't going to be fought like Rand believes".

a chess game, while they smoke and drink beer