PDA

View Full Version : The Gambler is at the center

Nafro
11-16-2010, 12:25 PM
After the Eelifinn rip out Mat's eye, they say something along the lines of "The Gambler is now at the center! I can taste fate itself." What does that mean? What is Mat now at the center of?

arioch
11-16-2010, 12:32 PM
After the Eelifinn rip out Mat's eye, they say something along the lines of "The Gambler is now at the center! I can taste fate itself." What does that mean? What is Mat now at the center of?

Mat's going to toss the mother of all d20 dice into the Bore and if he rolls a 20, the Bore is sealed. Pray he doesn't get a Critical Failure.

HunterOTS
11-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Mat's going to toss the mother of all d20 dice into the Bore and if he rolls a 20, the Bore is sealed. Pray he doesn't get a Critical Failure.

Haha that made me laugh really hard. It reminds of Futurama episode in which Gary Gigax made an appearance and said "Have a....." then looked down to some die he rolled and finished, "nice day."

Davian93
11-16-2010, 12:57 PM

I took it to mean that Mat was a ta'veren (at the middle of the web weaving around him) and his decision to "give up half the light of the world"...to save the world was very very important. Had he chosen differently, it seems as though the Shadow would have won...thus, much like Rand on Dragonmount, creation itself hung in the balance at that moment.

Crispin's Crispian
11-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Had he chosen differently, it seems as though the Shadow would have won...thus, much like Rand on Dragonmount, creation itself hung in the balance at that moment.

Indeed. You've got to know when to walk away, and when to run.

jana
11-16-2010, 01:26 PM
I bet Valan Luca was watching the whole thing from T'A'R, and had he not been there, well... I don't want to think about the ramifications.

Also, I'm willing to be that one of the "other things that they enjoy" is Menagerie Power

Crispin's Crispian
11-16-2010, 03:37 PM
I bet Valan Luca was watching the whole thing from T'A'R, and had he not been there, well... I don't want to think about the ramifications.

Also, I'm willing to be that one of the "other things that they enjoy" is Menagerie Power

He'd probably have to give them his cape as a trade for getting out of there.

tiredofbuttons
11-16-2010, 03:44 PM
He'd probably have to give them his cape as a trade for getting out of there.

No. Then how could he flourish it?