PDA

View Full Version : The "____" in the Blight

amazinglarry
11-16-2010, 01:32 PM
When I read the Perrin/Whitecloak/trollocs battle scene, I assumed that the trollocs were being portal'd in from the Blight. This would answer the mystery of "There's a _____ in the Blight." as stated by Jordan.

Did everyone else get the same impression? Just wondering if I'm oversimplifying here, or overlooking something obvious...

amazinglarry

Davian93
11-16-2010, 01:33 PM
The only problem with "portal stone" is its not shocking enough. I mean, like Waygates, it makes sense that there are portal stones in the Blight.

Terez
11-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Most people seem to think this explanation is unsatisfactory; we knew there were Waygates and such in the Blight, mostly because it has crept southward over the years. And there were four Portal Stones in Tear, so it was never all that much of a stretch to assume there was at least one in the Blight.

Davian93
11-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Most people seem to think this explanation is unsatisfactory; we knew there were Waygates and such in the Blight, mostly because it has crept southward over the years. And there were four Portal Stones in Tear, so it was never all that much of a stretch to assume there was at least one in the Blight.

Beat ya!;)

Terez
11-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Grow up.

Davian93
11-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Grow up.

:p

amazinglarry
11-16-2010, 04:03 PM

I definitely see where you're coming from, but sometimes the simplest answer is the right answer, even in WoT. For a good example, read the ToM glossary. :)

amazinglarry

Terez
11-16-2010, 04:07 PM
I take objection to your implication that I haven't already read it.

Nafro
11-16-2010, 04:08 PM
I think that there is a human city in the blight, and this is where the red veiled Aiel dudes with the sharpened teeth come from.

dominominic
11-16-2010, 04:10 PM
I think that there is a human city in the blight, and this is where the red veiled Aiel dudes with the sharpened teeth come from.

That would truly be an abomination. The Aiel don't like cities.

Terez
11-16-2010, 04:12 PM
They don't unveil before killing, either. Both could easily be perversions of Aiel traditions - the sort of thing evil people get off on.

Just sayin.

dominominic
11-16-2010, 04:14 PM
They don't unveil before killing, either. Both could easily be perversions of Aiel traditions - the sort of thing evil people get off on.

Just sayin.

I just thought it would be funny if they came into contact with real Aiel and the thing that most affronted them was their city-dwelling.

tiredofbuttons
11-16-2010, 04:22 PM
I definitely see where you're coming from, but sometimes the simplest answer is the right answer, even in WoT. For a good example, read the ToM glossary. :)

amazinglarry

Then why would it have been shocking in any way? The point was that it was mindblowing.

amazinglarry
11-16-2010, 04:25 PM
I take objection to your implication that I haven't already read it.

I didn't mean to imply that at all. I thought it was intuitively obvious that you had already read it.

amazinglarry

amazinglarry
11-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Then why would it have been shocking in any way? The point was that it was mindblowing.

You're probably right. I'm just saying that while some revelations in WoT are totally unanticipated (the ashanderei), others just turn out to be the simplest explanation (Asmodean).

amazinglarry

dominominic
11-16-2010, 04:30 PM
I didn't mean to imply that at all. I thought it was intuitively obvious that you had already read it.

amazinglarry

Was it intuitively obvious that Graendal had read it?