PDA

View Full Version : Heroes of the Horn

WinespringBrother
11-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Since the usage of the dreamspike led to Hopper's final death (as he was a being of TAR), I wonder what effect it could have on the Heroes of the Horn if they are summoned either within its area of effect or move within it, whether in TAR or in the waking world.

It would certainly be traumatic and likely disastrous for the Light to see them routed by an army of Trollocs.

Crispin's Crispian
11-16-2010, 04:16 PM
I don't follow your logic, WSB.

Hopper died just as he would have without the Dreamspike--wolves who die in Tel'aran'rhiod die permanently. (Or maybe not, as Perrin wondered where his soul went...)

As far as I can determine, this had nothing to do with the dreamspike, other than the fact that he was helping Perrin get rid of it.

I suppose it might hinder the Heroes if they couldn't figure out how to jump through it, but it took Perrin about five seconds to learn it.

WinespringBrother
11-16-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm thinking that while the Heroes are in the waking world, the dreamspike could inhibit their invulnerability somehow, since they are essentially creatures of TAR. It's just speculation, obviously, but since it affects the waking world in certain ways, it could affect beings of TAR that enter the waking world.

lowlandr
11-17-2010, 08:31 AM
that being asked.. Would the Horn work in the area of a Dreamspike? Would they show up?

Ishara
11-17-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm still confused. The spike stops Travelling, in the RW, not in TAR. The Heroes are not channelers, and are not bound by the same rules that apply to everyone alse in the realworld. They don't Travel to follow the Horn, they follow the Horn. I'd say that's different.

GonzoTheGreat
11-17-2010, 09:30 AM
The spike also stops some types of TAR movement. That's why Perrin had to hop along with it, rather than just jumping in one go to where he wanted to be. That is also why the BA members could not leave as easily as they had wanted to.

Jonai
11-17-2010, 04:59 PM
You could be on to something here. HotH seem to be out of phase with reality when they are summoned by the Horn. They can affect the real world but the real world can't affect them. Birgitte galloping across the water and torching a Seanchan ship comes to mind. Maybe a Dreamspike would interfere with that somehow. Incidentally, it reminds me of how channelers go all hazy to Min while they are holding the Source. I wonder if there's any relation.

Neilbert
11-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Birgitte galloping across the water and torching a Seanchan ship comes to mind.

With an arrow no less.

I think that when called to fight by the Horn, the Heroes are under their own set of rules. I don't think some silly ter'angreal is going to be enough to stop them.

If you somehow caught one in TAR then maybe?