PDA

View Full Version : Graendal's Plan for the Seanchan

Crispin's Crispian
11-16-2010, 04:51 PM
When Shaidar Haran shows up in Graendal's oceanside retreat, she is thinking of her contingencies and how she can find favor again with Moridin. One of her alternate plans, which she decides to abandon, involves the Seanchan and Tuon specifically.

She mentions tightening her bonds on the Empress.

What might her connection to Tuon might have been, and could that thread now be picked up by another of the Chosen? Perhaps the one who was given the "opportunity" she began to describe to Shaidar Haran?

GonzoTheGreat
11-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Valan Luca, obviously. He knows Tuon, after all.

Terez
11-16-2010, 06:10 PM
I doubt her plans could be picked up by someone else; she is usually too secretive for that. The only thing that Tuon mentioned that seems to fit is Galgan's power-play with the hired assassins, but Tuon seems to think that this is just par for the course.

alleluia_cone
11-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Valan Luca, obviously. He knows Tuon, after all.

I second. They both also have "capes" according to Felix, so there is that.

morat'corlm
11-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Not anymore.
She wore a magnificent gown of golden cloth, cut after the highest Imperial fashion. The skirt split at the front to just above the knees, and was so long that it took five da'covale to carry the sides and train.
(Tuon does not give a damn about that, Sanderson; dressing her is a so'jhin's duty, not her own; she does not mentally giggle about how many da'covale she uses because she would not pay attention...)

alleluia_cone
11-16-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm pretty sure Brandon's notes on Tuon and Elaida got mixed; it really would explain everything.

jana
11-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Not anymore.

(Tuon does not give a damn about that, Sanderson; dressing her is a so'jhin's duty, not her own; she does not mentally giggle about how many da'covale she uses because she would not pay attention...)

I'm going to need to stay away from Seanchan threads to keep my sanity. This is the closest I've ever come to having a favorite WoT character die. Well, other than Moiraine.

(Maybe I'm being a tad melodramatic.)

Alright, I will go back to focusing on Rhuarc thinking Tuon was honorable.

Ishara
11-17-2010, 09:19 AM
(Maybe I'm being a tad melodramatic.)
You think? LOL ;)