PDA

View Full Version : My own ending to AMOL

SixPips
11-17-2010, 08:53 AM
I couldn't wait for the book to come out, already antsy and TOM just came out a matter of weeks ago! So, in lieu of the book, I wrote my own ending, although it's more of an epilogue, taking place after the battle. I really like it and hope something along the lines of what I wrote occurs. I only wrote one POV because its long enough for a fanfic as it is, and because I don't want to speculate about more characters than I can wrap my mind around at the moment.

Here's the link, hope you read it, the fanfic here never does get read :D

http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=128698#post128698

Nafro
11-17-2010, 10:28 AM
That was excellent. Good work.

Rand al'Fain
11-17-2010, 10:44 AM
I liked it myself as well. Though, it doesn't say anything about Mat or Perrin, I still liked it.

Davian93
11-17-2010, 11:05 AM
You used the word "tempest"...well done.

TankSpill
11-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Well done. Good writing, and a very interesting and neat answer to the question of, "Well if Nynaeve just comes up with a Weave to Heal death, what's to stop everyone else from using it over and over again?"

Khoram
11-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Very well done. Aside from some nitpicks that are grammar-related, I enjoyed this very much (and that's not bad, either :D).

Throughout the first half of the piece, I could feel the exhaustion felt by Nynaeve. I was exhausted while reading it.

I really liked what Alivia was saying about the Healing of the corpses, and the idea behind the fact that the Soul, when it is in the body, acts as a deterrent to Healing. It was new.

Very well done.

HunterOTS
11-17-2010, 04:37 PM
That was awesome. Even better than I expected after reading the comments other people left. Great job.

wyk
11-17-2010, 09:23 PM
good take. i enjoyed it. solid ideas on the difference between bodies and souls and how healing affects both.

SixPips
11-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the confidence booster guys :D

SixPips
11-23-2010, 07:36 AM
::Bump:: :D

Mat
11-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Excellent!
Two thumbs up :)

subwoofer
11-23-2010, 07:58 AM
Weeeee! Good stuff:D

Minor nit to pick- Rand's "righteous anger" sounds suspiciously like Richard Cypher's righteous anger, but other than that, covered in awesome sauce.

Very much enjoyed the price Nynaeve paid. That wraps up a thread that has always niggled me. Ny is powerful and going to live for a very long time, Lan is already er... older. Very similar to the LotR conundrum with Aragorn and the elvish chick. This is a good ending. The other thing that leaves me wondering is if Nynaeve's price is to lose connection to the Source, will her children be normal or will they have the Spark in them?

Khoram
11-23-2010, 10:49 AM
The other thing that leaves me wondering is if Nynaeve's price is to lose connection to the Source, will her children be normal or will they have the Spark in them?

I would assume that her children would have as good a chance of having the Spark in them as Egwene did - as far as we know, her mother cannot channel.

Did Lan have any family members have the ability to channel? Cause if they did, that could affect whether their children are born with the Spark or not.

Davian93
11-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Minor nit to pick- Rand's "righteous anger" sounds suspiciously like Richard Cypher's righteous anger, but other than that, covered in awesome sauce.

You're new here so you have an excuse but please DO NOT ever compare anything in WoT to that talentless ass-clown's garbage plagiarized series.

Oh, and Welcome to Theoryland! :)

GonzoTheGreat
11-23-2010, 11:04 AM
You're new here so you have an excuse but please DO NOT ever compare anything in WoT to that talentless ass-clown's garbage plagiarized series.I dunno. We could simply say that Goodkind had preemptively plagiarised SixPips, couldn't we?

Jonai
11-23-2010, 11:08 AM
I dunno. We could simply say that Goodkind had preemptively plagiarised SixPips, couldn't we?

Preemptively Plagiarised. Lmao. Dav's rage overflowth.

Davian93
11-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Preemptively Plagiarised. Lmao. Dav's rage overflowth.

I'm sure the long-term members could give you a list of what annoys me...TG is high up on that list.

Jonai
11-23-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm pretty sure he's high on everyone's list.

Khoram
11-23-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm pretty sure he's high on everyone's list.

If not, I think he should be.

Nafro
11-23-2010, 11:58 AM
The Sisters of the Dark were a completely new and fresh idea. So was the Rada'han.

Khoram
11-23-2010, 12:06 PM
The Sisters of the Dark were a completely new and fresh idea. So was the Rada'han.

Well, Sisters of the Dark = Black Ajah, no?

Nafro
11-23-2010, 12:08 PM

No way. Next thing you'll be telling me is that the Radahan = the ad'am. Crazy.

Khoram
11-23-2010, 12:10 PM
No way. Next thing you'll be telling me is that the Radahan = the ad'am. Crazy.

A'dam without the leash. Very crazy.

Nafro
11-23-2010, 12:11 PM

A'dam without the leash. Very crazy.

:D

Green Man 22
11-23-2010, 01:01 PM
At least TG didn't steal the title for his main character (The Seeker of Truth) from Robert Jordan. The Seanchan Seekers for Truth are totally different. See TG changed the "for" to an "of," so it is all fine now. ;)

Fortunately when I read the most of the SoT series, I hadn't yet discovered the WoT, so I actually was able to read the books with some enjoyment. Then when I picked up the WoT (and realized it had started way before SoT), I realized how much of TG's story was ripped directly from the WoT, and it really turned me off to the books. I did still finish the SoT series (wanting to see how it would finish), but once I finished I haven't re-read the books. With the WoT, I am probably on my 10th re-read. It is just so much better. The characters are more real, the plots are so much more complex, and the story is actually coherent, since each new book doesn't invalidate everything from the previous books.

Sukoto
11-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Well written, but... a Nynaeve who can't channel? There's just something so wrong with that.

Khoram
11-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Well written, but... a Nynaeve who can't channel? There's just something so wrong with that.

If she starts pulling what's left of her braid, it'll all be back to normal. Somewhat.

subwoofer
11-23-2010, 09:08 PM
You're new here so you have an excuse but please DO NOT ever compare anything in WoT to that talentless ass-clown's garbage plagiarized series.

Oh, and Welcome to Theoryland! :)

Dude- well, thanks for the welcome... I think:confused::confused:

Er... If you noticed, I used the words "other than that"- meaning that particular phrase left me wanting.:(

And If you have read any of my other posts, or for that matter, wander over to TOR and see one of my posts there( there are 1000s)- I'll see if I can look one up and link it for you- anyways, I am so NOT a Goofkind fan. I read the first book, and thought "yeah okay... much of that would have been easier with the dragon to being with, but whateve"r... The second book? Couldn't finish it due to violent retching. Dunno where the series went from there but one look on twitstick's site drove me up the wall. He is "Mr. Sensative-Ponytail-Guy" that happens to write FHM caliber books. In short TG's craptastic.

It's all good, these little misunderstandings do happen:)

Right- post 315 on this thread. (http://www.tor.com/blogs/2010/10/spoiler-thread-for-apples-first-the-first-chapter-of-towers-of-midnight#134135) I kinda suck on linking specific post numbers but its pretty easy to scroll. And my avatar tends to stick out.

Khoram
11-23-2010, 09:15 PM
It's all good, these little misunderstandings do happen:)

It's the internet. It's expected to happen once in a while.

Belazamon
11-23-2010, 09:21 PM
It's the internet. It's expected to happen once in a while.
What the hell is that supposed to mean?!

subwoofer
11-23-2010, 09:25 PM

LOL:D

Khoram
11-23-2010, 09:31 PM

But... I... he... I didn't mean... *tear* Why don't you like me!? *runs away*

And that, my friends, is how one can misunderstand a post on a forum found on the internet. :cool: :D

Belazamon
11-23-2010, 09:39 PM
And that, my friends, is how one can misunderstand a post on a forum found on the internet. :cool: :D
Pfft. There wasn't nearly enough cursing in that response to be a proper internet misunderstanding.

Khoram
11-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Pfft. There wasn't nearly enough cursing in that response to be a proper internet misunderstanding.

It's all in the punctuation, man.

subwoofer
11-23-2010, 09:58 PM
It's all in the punctuation, man.

Yeah, I saw a "k" giving me the evil eye. Figured I had to school it. Take it out back behind the woodshed... take a round outta it... whoop it... read to it from Emily Post's Etiquette book... y'know...:)

Khoram
11-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Yeah, I saw a "k" giving me the evil eye. Figured I had to school it. Take it out back behind the woodshed... take a round outta it... whoop it... read to it from Emily Post's Etiquette book... y'know...:)

Obviously it had to be taught something - how can "k" have an "i" at the same time? I've never heard of that before.

Unless it was deformed during the process of writing it. ;)

Terez
11-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Dude- well, thanks for the welcome... I think:confused::confused:
Don't mind Dav; he rarely thinks before spamming.

Right- post 315 on this thread. (http://www.tor.com/blogs/2010/10/spoiler-thread-for-apples-first-the-first-chapter-of-towers-of-midnight#134135) I kinda suck on linking specific post numbers but its pretty easy to scroll. And my avatar tends to stick out.
To link an individual post: click on the number. If you're in linear mode, and want to link the post in-thread, then change 'showpost' to 'showthread' and from the & on at the end, delete and replace with #poststop

Complicated, I know. I hope I can get Tam to fix it one day; it doesn't bother him because he uses hybrid mode.

finberg
11-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Nicely done! Only thing I missed was a tug of the braid...

SixPips
11-24-2010, 08:58 AM

Sisters of the Dark seemed an aweful lot like Black Ajah to me. I read the series up to book 9 but got tired of the political stuff.

Love the "Preemptive Plagiarism" shennanigans, I hadn't even thought about that book series in years = ) I wrote the entire fanfic in one sitting like 30 seconds before I posted it. If it gets enough attention and people like it I'll do more POV's that I have ideas about, just because I really enjoyed writing it and hoped to share my theories the way my mind pictured them playing out = )

Khoram
11-24-2010, 10:57 AM
If it gets enough attention and people like it I'll do more POV's that I have ideas about, just because I really enjoyed writing it and hoped to share my theories the way my mind pictured them playing out = )

Please do. I really enjoyed it.

subwoofer
11-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Love the "Preemptive Plagiarism" shennanigans, I hadn't even thought about that book series in years = ) I wrote the entire fanfic in one sitting like 30 seconds before I posted it. If it gets enough attention and people like it I'll do more POV's that I have ideas about, just because I really enjoyed writing it and hoped to share my theories the way my mind pictured them playing out = )

Let 'er rip. It was good work, the more the merrier:) Many things have been happening off camera in these latter books- ie. Rand apologizing to Hurin for one. The killing of Asunawa. Maybe find a scene that you feel shorted on- the rest of us feel shorted on- and finish it in your own words?

Khoram
11-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Let 'er rip. It was good work, the more the merrier:) Many things have been happening off camera in these latter books- ie. Rand apologizing to Hurin for one. The killing of Asunawa. Maybe find a scene that you feel shorted on- the rest of us feel shorted on- and finish it in your own words?

I would love to read about Rand apologizing to Hurin - he was one of my favoured characters in tGH and tDR, even though we didn't see much of him then.

SixPips
11-26-2010, 08:16 AM
I would love to read about Rand apologizing to Hurin - he was one of my favoured characters in tGH and tDR, even though we didn't see much of him then.

Love the idea, will see what I can do with the stuff = ) I finished a Perrin POV a few days ago if u guys wanna check it out in the fiction section :)

Khoram
11-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Already have :D

Doing well.

SixPips
11-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Did a Hurin apology PoV, planning to do one of the 3 following next depending on which I think will come to me smoother: Mat/Lan/orAsunawa's death. Worried about the deathscene because I don't have enough familiarity with the CotL to make that work well. Will have to go back and see what names did what in ToM...

TankSpill
11-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Did a Hurin apology PoV, planning to do one of the 3 following next depending on which I think will come to me smoother: Mat/Lan/orAsunawa's death. Worried about the deathscene because I don't have enough familiarity with the CotL to make that work well. Will have to go back and see what names did what in ToM...

Wait, why Mat's death? He's one we can generally be pretty sure will live. :)

SixPips
11-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Wait, why Mat's death? He's one we can generally be pretty sure will live. :)

lol when I said "Deathscene" I meant Asunawa's death. IDK the children of the light well enough to do it justice yet, been trying to find the scene that alludes to it in TOM just so I can find who all is present.

Definitely would not fanfic Mat to death. Lan on the other hand... who knows :cool:

TankSpill
11-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Gotcha, cool deal. :) Liked your Hurin and Perrin stories, but still your epilogue is my favorite one so far.

SixPips
11-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Gotcha, cool deal. :) Liked your Hurin and Perrin stories, but still your epilogue is my favorite one so far.

glad you like them, I will be honest, honing my writing talent for a while on my own, but have found that fan fiction where I try to delve into someone else's world allows me much more input into my style and wordplay.

This almost feels like a class for me; Creative Writing 408:Peer Review. Hope I can write a book for the final that will pass :)

Edit: Do edits bump a post? lets find out!