PDA

View Full Version : Was Rand holding TP in WT and the guardian?

nikunjm
11-17-2010, 08:14 PM
was that why his POV not shown in the book??
was he holding it throughout the book?

Davian93
11-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Very very doubtful that he would willingly use the True Power after his ephiphany on Dragonmount.

I'm not gonna say 100% no but I'd go as far as 99.9% no.

morat'corlm
11-17-2010, 08:15 PM
It seems very unlikely.

Servus Christi
11-17-2010, 08:23 PM
His attitude through out the book shows this is not true. The True Power is no an objective force like the One Power. It is inherently chaotic an evil that defiles anything it touches.

Rand could not have contact with it and at the same time be filled with the Light.

nikunjm
11-17-2010, 08:24 PM
So why would he be so confident, if he has no practice?? ie "the guardian stops the OP and OP alone' and the stroll in the WT and "would not have allowed them"

Davian93
11-17-2010, 08:26 PM
So why would he be so confident, if he has no practice?? ie "the guardian stops the OP and OP alone' and the stroll in the WT and "would not have allowed them"

The "guardian" comment is easily explained by his comment about "a month ago" I would have balefired you. He was talking about what WOULD have happened had he showed up a month before when he was actually using it.

As for the rest, its pretty clear that the liquid power in his brain is pretty powerful. He is far more than just the #1 channeler of the Age. He seems to be infused with the OP or the Creator's Essence.

amazinglarry
11-17-2010, 08:41 PM

I took his comment about how he couldn't be held in the White Tower as a reference to his Light infusion and ta'veren-ness. I think Rand knew that the Pattern wouldn't allow him to become trapped there at the onset of the Last Battle and right after his Dragonmount epiphany. I didn't get the impression that he was prepared to use the TP to escape (unlike at the meeting with the Borderlanders).

amazinglarry

Kimon
11-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I think we can be even more definitive on this one than Davian is suggesting, the idea that he is still tapping the DO is incomprehensible. Think of it this way. Previously his mere presence was poisoning the world- causing everything to wither and die. Now his mere presence heals the land- the apples suddenly being restored, the grain becoming untainted, the tea tastes better...

The catalyst would seem to be his Holy Grail moment on Dragonmount. If anything, the well of liquid power that Nynaeve saw in his brain perhaps suggests that instead of tapping the DO, that now he perhaps has a direct spigot to the Creator.

ZaderGru
11-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Was Rand holding TP in WT and the guardian?

While I don't agree Rand was holding the TP. I do believe he has, and will have, the ability to use the TP until the confrontation with the DO.

To harness chaos it must be bound by order.

Too much order and no chaos leads to stagnation
Too much chaos and no order leads to destruction.

The DO wants the confrontation as much as Rand does, but he/she/it wants the best possible chance of success.

Each side has to fulfil certain requirements to ensure the best possible results for themselves.

This is the reason I believe the DO allows Rand the use of the TP.

I believe Rand is the prototype for the solution to defeating the DO.

This is why Nyneave is so important to be one of the female channellers when Rand goes to SG. While Nyneave has the ability to remove the taint from A'M, but not Rand. It may be she has to somehow replicate the white radiance, like liquid power she found in Rand, and use this to contain the DO.

SixPips
11-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Something I have been thinking about: Nynaeve laid reverse compulsion on compulsion weaves, and they disappeared. She weaved reverse madness on the madness in their minds and it disappeared. She SEE'S white light that is going into Rand's mind just as the Madness is, and Rand is all better, Yet I don't see the Madness eliminated...it is almost as if Rand has only found a temporary solution... and that scares me for Rand's chances at living Post Tarmon Gai'don...:(

finn
11-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Something I have been thinking about: Nynaeve laid reverse compulsion on compulsion weaves, and they disappeared. She weaved reverse madness on the madness in their minds and it disappeared.

No, that method failed with the madness. She had to delve deeper, see the black thorns, remove them one by one while holding each at bay until she got them all out.