PDA

View Full Version : A scary thought.....

Edynol
11-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Power wrought dragons. No need to reload, just light the fuse and blast huge fireballs at the enemy. I doubt we'll see those, but can ya think of it? Maybe Birgette thought about it and that's why she reacted the way she did. Though I'm pretty sure it was a typical soldier reaction, because she said herself that's pretty much all she is. But I digress. Could you imagine an army with a dozen or so power wrought dragons? Don't think the world would last long after that. Hahah.

Casabamelon
11-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Why wouldn't you need to reload?

If you mean it fires something made from the power, why light a fuse?
________
BODY SCIENCE (http://bodyscience.ws/)

Crispin's Crispian
11-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Power wrought dragons. No need to reload, just light the fuse and blast huge fireballs at the enemy. I doubt we'll see those, but can ya think of it? Maybe Birgette thought about it and that's why she reacted the way she did. Though I'm pretty sure it was a typical soldier reaction, because she said herself that's pretty much all she is. But I digress. Could you imagine an army with a dozen or so power wrought dragons? Don't think the world would last long after that. Hahah.

It's hard to tell exactly what benefit Power-investment gives weaspons, other than a deadlier effect on Shadowspawn and invulnerability. I suppose Power-wrought Dragons could shoot farther, or last longer, or shoot more quickly (wow...hello gutter). But otherwise I'm not sure what the point would be.

Investing cannon balls seems too costly and time-intensive, unless it makes them explode in a much bigger fashion.

metaphor
11-19-2010, 09:55 PM
It's hard to tell exactly what benefit Power-investment gives weaspons, other than a deadlier effect on Shadowspawn and invulnerability. I suppose Power-wrought Dragons could shoot farther, or last longer, or shoot more quickly (wow...hello gutter). But otherwise I'm not sure what the point would be.

Investing cannon balls seems too costly and time-intensive, unless it makes them explode in a much bigger fashion.

they would have to be ter'angreal that use the power to shoot exploding balls.

But then, why cannons? One could make weapon ter'angreal more effective.

Mat is Better
11-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Kind of like how power wrought swords can fight without any human intervention...no wait :confused:

HunterOTS
11-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Aren't power-wrought items created by smiths (with of course channelers)? Dragons are made in a foundry. They're made in a mould. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I have a feeling it does.

Res_Ipsa
11-20-2010, 01:08 AM

They are called Nuclear Warheads and we have enough to blow up the earth several times over. Or you could take comfort in knowing a single 4-6 stage device could make Earth uninhabitable.

Not so anxious for Randland nukes now are we?

torquemada
11-20-2010, 03:02 AM
They are called Nuclear Warheads and we have enough to blow up the earth several times over. Or you could take comfort in knowing a single 4-6 stage device could make Earth uninhabitable.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2rror34.jpg

You know we detonated several of theses in the atmosphere already and I think we are all still here right?

Callahan
11-20-2010, 03:38 PM

I would think you could make the Dragon Tubes much lighter and stronger. The reduced weight would make them much easier and faster to move around.

Edynol
11-20-2010, 03:51 PM
/sigh.

I think yall are taking this too seriously. Where's the imagination?! Could ya imagine Balefire cannons? Or water cannons?

Jonai
11-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Candy corn cannons are definitely the way to go.

Mat: Estean, launch the CCC!

Andrac
11-20-2010, 05:00 PM

If by several you mean a hundred times over, then yes. From what I have seen of history and science shows it would take roughly 100 nuclear weapons placed around the planet to destroy the world. Or at least wipe out human civilization and a ton of the life. The united states alone has about 10,000 nuclear weapons. And thats just the ones we/they (government) admit it. I don't believe for a second that they don't have more stored away somewhere that they aren't admitting to during official publicly known numbers checks.

You know we detonated several of theses in the atmosphere already and I think we are all still here right?

You know thats not what he was talking about right? Roughly 100 nuclear weapons strategicly placed around the globe and detonated at about the same time will wipe out most human life. That is far different then setting off one or two in the atmosphere. Nukes are far FAR more powerful now then the atmoic bombs dropped on haroshima and nagasaki during world war II. Furthermore the atomic bombs or WWII were actually failures in terms of yield. Only about 10% of the bomb's total explosive power actually worked, and it leveled a city killed countless thousands and even more in the years to come from radiation.

The nukes now are hundreds of times more powerful then the full explosive power of the atomic bomb. You wouldn't just level a city, you would level the city and the surronding towns. Millions would die in the blasts alone, millions more from the radiation. Imagine the scene from the end of Terminator 3. Something like that with nuclear explosions going off at once across the world, there would be nowhere for the majority of the population to go. Then, heres the strategic part, if placed right the radiation will be carried along the different wind streams killing even more. This is all from a mere 100 nukes placed around the world, the end of human civilization and soon there after the human race. There are tens of thousands of nukes throughout the world.

Res_Ipsa
11-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Haha yeah I was mostly kidding around. More a comment are you so eager for Randland to join us in the hey we might be wiped out at any moment stage.

The Immortal One
11-28-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm not exactly an expert on this but after a few glances around the internet...

The united states alone has about 10,000 nuclear weapons. And thats just the ones we/they (government) admit it. I don't believe for a second that they don't have more stored away somewhere that they aren't admitting to during official publicly known numbers checks.
According to Wikipedia (though you're almost certainly right about non-official weapons) the US has about 9600 nuclear weapons, but only about 2500 of them are active.

Also according to Wikipedia "Since the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings, nuclear weapons have been detonated on over two thousand occasions for testing purposes and demonstration purposes." Which is a bit more than "several".

GonzoTheGreat
11-29-2010, 04:55 AM
But if you ignore reality, then you can pretend that they're dangerous in a way that's different from their actual danger.
Which then may very well lead to some idiot deciding that you're wrong, without him figuring out the other (real) danger. Then they would be used again, and in a short while we're facing a situation where nukes are used almost every week. Which could go on for decades without anyone having to build new nukes, as I'm sure you've already calculated yourself.