PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible that Demandred is hidden underneath Cadsuane's bun

jana
11-19-2010, 05:45 AM
?

Like so:

http://img.listal.com/image/1185548/500full.jpg

eh?

EH?

Can you think of a better hiding place?

skaywalker
11-19-2010, 06:08 AM
Are you competing with Felix now? :p

...Rand walked in the room and put his hand on Cadsuane's head. A few screams later she was dead and Demandred's soul escaped to search for Pettigrew and the Goblet of fire :D

E-Rock
11-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Could there be a possibility that RJ never actually intended to show Demandred on-screen and that we're all being posthumously trolled? A few plot-threads were meant to be left unresolved after all...

Caveatar
11-19-2010, 08:31 AM
?

Like so:
eh?
EH?

Can you think of a better hiding place?

:)
I assume you mean the hair-bun rather than the one she sits on. Caddy channels saidar but WTH if she IS Demandred my respect for the bad guys just went waaaaay down.
I can't think of a better place but if he is Old Cully I wouldn't be too suprised.
As long as he isn't in Min's pants, er I mean in Min's boots.

Jokeslayer
11-19-2010, 08:42 AM
It's my belief that Taimandred was supposed to be true but RJ ditched it on the fly when everyonre figured it out.

gholam
11-19-2010, 09:17 AM
It's my belief that Taimandred was supposed to be true but RJ ditched it on the fly when everyonre figured it out.

I started a thread discussing the influence of fans discussing the story. It was categorically denied that RJ was influenced by discussions.

Jokeslayer
11-19-2010, 09:45 AM
I started a thread discussing the influence of fans discussing the story. It was categorically denied that RJ was influenced by discussions.

I looked at that thread (I didnt see it at the time) and I see Gonzo posting a broadly similar idea and AbbeyRoad posting basically the same thing I did (plus Tam hilariously editing out some kind of trollfight). This is also the only thing I think was changed - considering what has happened with Demandred's identity (i.e. nothing) I think it's possible that there wasn't a good place to shove Demandred in again once the whole left for him had been closed. Sure, not everyone agrees (Isa was very vocal about this) and it may be wrong, I wouldn't be that surprised if it was (also I'm seriously using a ton of brackets here).

Belazamon
11-20-2010, 12:35 AM
All jokes aside, all serious theorizers have long come to accept that Demandred is posing as Perrin's beard.

Uno
11-20-2010, 12:55 AM
Do we know that Demandred isn't just sitting on the beach with a drink somewhere? He keeps saying that his rule is secure and all that, but does Moridin really check? I mean, in my experience, the boss has no clue what his subordinates are doing. Demandred has discovered that the key to promotion is sending optimistic progress reports, preferably using words such as "dynamic," "proactive," and in extreme cases "synergetic."

FelixPax
11-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Uno, I like your style of thought here! :)

Do we know that Demandred isn't just sitting on the beach with a drink somewhere? He keeps saying that his rule is secure and all that, but does Moridin really check? I mean, in my experience, the boss has no clue what his subordinates are doing. Demandred has discovered that the key to promotion is sending optimistic progress reports, preferably using words such as "dynamic," "proactive," and in extreme cases "synergetic."

Ah, the life of sitting on a tropical beach on Windbiter's Finger... sipping a hot tea... while letting every other Chosen fight each other.

Demandred surely is not in Murandy with King Roedran. Why? Because Graendal possesses former High Lady Alteima as her personal maid now.

Unfortunately, none of that applied to the Great Lord. Graendal watched the open gateway before her as she relaxed on a chaise of yellow and blue silk. The messenger was a man with flat features and deep tanned skin, wearing black and red. He didn’t need to speak—his presence was the message. One of her pets—a beautiful, black—haired woman with large brown eyes who had once been a Tairen high lady—stared at the gateway. She looked frightened. Graendal felt much the same way.

Towers of Midnight, Chapter 5 “Writings” – Graendal point of view -- page 115 US Hardback 1st edition

Alteima (http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/characters/a/alteima.html):

Beautiful - Check
Black hair - Check
Large Brown Eyes - Check
Former High Lady in Tear - Check

She was a pretty woman—she knew exactly how pretty—with large brown eyes that made some mistakenly think her innocent, even harmless. She knew she was neither, but it suited her very well to have others believe her so. Especially here, today. This carriage had taken almost the last of the gold she had managed to carry away when she fled Tear. If she was to reestablish herself, she needed powerful friends, and there was none more powerful in Andor than the woman she had come to see.

The carriage halted near a fountain in a column-ringed courtyard, and a servant in red-and-white livery rushed to open the door. Alteima barely glanced at the courtyard or the serving man; her mind was all on the meeting ahead. Black hair spilled to the middle of her back from beneath a close-fitting cap of seed pearls, and more pearls lined the tiny pleats of her high-necked gown of watery green silk.

Alteima compressed her lips in irritation. The girl did not even know how to take mild reproof. She had been fooling herself: the girl would not do; she was too obviously untrained. But a lady had to have a maid, especially if she was to differentiate herself from the mass of refugees in Andor. She had seen men and women laboring in the sun, even begging in the streets, while wearing the remnants of Cairhienin nobles’ garb. She thought she had recognized one or two. Perhaps she should take one of them in service; who could know the duties of a lady’s maid better than a lady? And if they were reduced to working with their hands, they should leap at the chance. It might be amusing to have a former “friend” for a maid. Too late for today, though. And an untrained maid, a local girl, said a little too clearly that Alteima was at the edge of her resources, only one step removed from those beggars herself.

The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 1 ‘Fanning the Sparks’ – High Lady Alteima point of view

Where was Alteima last for absolute certainty found at? In Andor.

After this point though, with her protector Rahvin killed, she had no where to go but to Murandy. Cairhien, Illian, Andor, Tear were all places Alteima could or would not go to, after Rahvin was killed by Rand (TFoH, Prologue - Alteima pov). The only place Alteima could go is into Murandy, to find a suitor in King Roedan.

Who told Elaida once that King Roedran was taking every side?

Danelle (LoC, Ch. 7 “A Matter of Thought” –Elayne pov).
Who is of course has been outed as Mesaana in TofM book, by Egwene.

How can it assumed that Demandred cannot be within Murandy as King Roedran?

Graendal possesses Alteima in TofM book, who had nowhere to go but to Murandy... and yet Graendal still does not know where in the world Demandred is.
Alteima would have told Graendal all about Murandy--its politics, leadership--no way Graendal would have missed Demandred if he controlled or influenced Murandy.

Graendal's been to Shara, Blight, Arad Doman, White Tower, Murandy, Sea Folk Islands and to Seanchan itself. And yet Graendal still has not found Demandred (TGS, Prologue) nor has knowledge of his plans.

Too bad Graendal likely never checked the Shadow Coast Mountains for Demandred. ;)

dominominic
11-20-2010, 04:56 PM
All jokes aside, all serious theorizers have long come to accept that Demandred is posing as Perrin's beard.

Perrin is going to be reborn in this Age.

As Chuck Norris.

morat'corlm
11-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Demandred surely is not in Murandy with King Roedran[/B]. Why? Because Graendal possesses former High Lady Alteima as her personal maid now.Maybe Graendal simply scooped her up when she was in Caemlyn rifling through Rahvin's effects and killing Asmodean?

dominominic
11-20-2010, 04:59 PM

Maybe he just means he knows where his slide-ruler is at all times. He's not gonna let that bad boy out of his sight for a second, not when there's a slightly smaller copy of LTT's home to be built...

Mam A'Lemur
11-20-2010, 06:06 PM

Demandred, sitting on the beach, under an umbrella, sipping on a drink- and this is kinda how I'm picturing it:
...Excuse me? Excuse me, senor? May I speak to you please? I asked for a mai tai, and they brought me a pina colada, and I said no salt, NO salt for the margarita, but it had salt on it, big grains of salt, floating in the glass...
Mexican Waiter: Lo siento mucho, senor.
[Under his breath]
Mexican Waiter: Pinche gringo.
Milton Waddams: [as the waiter walks away] And yes, I won't be leaving a tip, 'cause I could... I could shut this whole resort down. Sir? I'll take my traveler's checks to a competing resort. I could write a letter to your board of tourism and I could have this place condemned. I could put... I could put... strychnine in the guacamole. There was salt on the glass, BIG grains of salt. "

Great. Now I'm picturing the DO asking for a TPS report cover sheet from Moridin :)

dominominic
11-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Demandred, sitting on the beach, under an umbrella, sipping on a drink- and this is kinda how I'm picturing it:
...Excuse me? Excuse me, senor? May I speak to you please? I asked for a mai tai, and they brought me a pina colada, and I said no salt, NO salt for the margarita, but it had salt on it, big grains of salt, floating in the glass...
Mexican Waiter: Lo siento mucho, senor.
[Under his breath]
Mexican Waiter: Pinche gringo.
Milton Waddams: [as the waiter walks away] And yes, I won't be leaving a tip, 'cause I could... I could shut this whole resort down. Sir? I'll take my traveler's checks to a competing resort. I could write a letter to your board of tourism and I could have this place condemned. I could put... I could put... strychnine in the guacamole. There was salt on the glass, BIG grains of salt. "

Great. Now I'm picturing the DO asking for a TPS report cover sheet from Moridin :)

And when offerred a black stapler would he say, "No, I demand red!"?

Repeating a gag(but it's appropriate!)

SixPips
11-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Uno, I like your style of thought here! :)

Ah, the life of sitting on a tropical beach on Windbiter's Finger... sipping a hot tea... while letting every other Chosen fight each other.

Demandred surely is not in Murandy with King Roedran. Why? Because Graendal possesses former High Lady Alteima as her personal maid now.

Alteima (http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/characters/a/alteima.html):

Beautiful - Check
Black hair - Check
Large Brown Eyes - Check
Former High Lady in Tear - Check

Where was Alteima last for absolute certainty found at? In Andor.

After this point though, with her protector Rahvin killed, she had no where to go but to Murandy. Cairhien, Illian, Andor, Tear were all places Alteima could or would not go to, after Rahvin was killed by Rand (TFoH, Prologue - Alteima pov). The only place Alteima could go is into Murandy, to find a suitor in King Roedan.

Who told Elaida once that King Roedran was taking every side?

Danelle (LoC, Ch. 7 “A Matter of Thought” –Elayne pov).
Who is of course has been outed as Mesaana in TofM book, by Egwene.

How can it assumed that Demandred cannot be within Murandy as King Roedran?

Graendal possesses Alteima in TofM book, who had nowhere to go but to Murandy... and yet Graendal still does not know where in the world Demandred is.
Alteima would have told Graendal all about Murandy--its politics, leadership--no way Graendal would have missed Demandred if he controlled or influenced Murandy.

Graendal's been to Shara, Blight, Arad Doman, White Tower, Murandy, Sea Folk Islands and to Seanchan itself. And yet Graendal still has not found Demandred (TGS, Prologue) nor has knowledge of his plans.

Too bad Graendal likely never checked the Shadow Coast Mountains for Demandred. ;)

Big Quote for me, but I wanted to say that there is one plausibility that would leave Murandy untouched by Graendal. We know that Graendal killed Asmodean as of Glossary ToM, and as such, she was in Caemlyn when Rand battled Rahvin. It is very plausible that Alteima never made it to Murandy before Graendal got her, and as such Graendal would have had no need to go into Murandy.

Demandred could still be there (though I don't really think he is in the first place)

Jokeslayer
11-21-2010, 04:58 AM

It's not a beard, it's a Forsaken I've trained to sit very still.

morat'corlm
11-21-2010, 05:17 AM
...And she revealed to him that when the hairs were sown, armed men would spring up from the ground...The prisoner’s mouth quirked in what might have been the beginning of a smile, and he rubbed his chin. “I was shaved, Bashere.”