PDA

View Full Version : Hello, my name is Subwoofer, I am a WoTaholic

subwoofer
11-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Sooos- I figure this is where I stand on my chair and do the big intro... or am I in the wrong room? Isn't this hairball collectors anonymous?

Right then. Normally I post on TOR (yes, I am that annoying guy), but Terez keeps on referring to this magical wonderful place where unicorns frolic, so I figured that was her subliminal way of wanting to inflict me on all those here.

I tried to get on here months ago with some instruction from Terez, but in a clear cut case of equipment/software smarter than user, I was stymied by the log in process. Apparently there is a log in for forums and for theories. Who knew? Only took me eons to get tell the doorman about the bear in a tutu.

Now it is just a question of how to find the treads I want to comment on.

Then look out, I'll be goin' hard.

Oh yeah, I've been following the books since the early 90's- thought it was a trilogy at the time. Boy was I wrong.

And for all that is holy and good, "Youngling"? Really? I'd rather be called anything else...

Start with "little ponies".

Progress to "colts".

Then "horsies"

Maybe "Stallions" or "Mandarb"

Dunno how many other stages there are but final epic stage could be "Bela".

-Just sayin'.

Terez
11-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Uh-oh, you stepped into the noob board. Before you know it you'll be setting people on fire and hanging out in the chat room and you'll have forgotten about WoT altogether.

Also, some oldtimers would definitely object to 'Bela' being the highest ranking.

Just sayin'.

Frenzy
11-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Howdy subwoofer. a Velodyne, i trust?

Terez
11-21-2010, 10:32 PM
I think it has something to do with dogs.

Frenzy
11-21-2010, 10:42 PM
So you let the dogs out and brought them here...

Terez
11-21-2010, 10:44 PM
I blame my charming personality.

subwoofer
11-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Howdy subwoofer. a Velodyne, i trust?

Yeah, I go for low ohms...

Heh. Nope, like Indiana Jones, I took my handle from my dog. Her name is Tina, but I always referred to her as a "subwoofer" because she is not nearly as big as a full sized "woofer". As I was blogging, she would either sit at my feet or on my lap and every once and a bit her paw would come out like she wanted to type something, so I added a "woof" at the end of each of my posts to represent her opinion too. It just stuck with me.

subwoofer
11-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Uh-oh, you stepped into the noob board. Before you know it you'll be setting people on fire and hanging out in the chat room and you'll have forgotten about WoT altogether.

Also, some oldtimers would definitely object to 'Bela' being the highest ranking.

Just sayin'.

Sorry- was going from the "Bela is the Creator" perspective... guessing the oldtimers are in the "Bela is a darkfriend" camp.

And I said I can live with the "noob" title, at my age, I am happy with anything that makes me sound young... except Younglings- the guilt by association with Gawyn is almost unbearable.

While we are on the topic... is setting people on fire a bad thing? Just wanna know...

::hides matches and can of gas::

::whistles innocently:::D

Frenzy
11-21-2010, 11:02 PM
makes sense. Welcome, and enjoy.

Terez
11-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Sorry- was going from the "Bela is the Creator" perspective... guessing the oldtimers are in the "Bela is a darkfriend" camp.
Actually, we have an oldtimer named Bela. Actually, his name is Belazamon, but everyone calls him Bela.

While we are on the topic... is setting people on fire a bad thing? Just wanna know...
Not here.

::hides matches and can of gas::

::whistles innocently:::D
See? You might as well kiss your WoTaholism goodbye. There is a chat room and marshmallows in your near future.

subwoofer
11-21-2010, 11:32 PM
See? You might as well kiss your WoTaholism goodbye. There is a chat room and marshmallows in your near future.

- Marshmallows? Perfect! I'm going to be making a batch of rice krispie squares in the near future:)

Belazamon
11-22-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm strangely comfortable with it.

Howdy!

Jonai
11-22-2010, 04:03 AM
I was wondering how long it would take Bela to show up in this thread.

Welcome Sub!

subwoofer
11-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome folks:) Good to be here!

Fair warning tho'. Am know to rant, go off topic, forget what topic I was on to begin with, and have a reputation for D&Ping.

And I kinda feel cheated. I have yet to see a single unicorn frolic anywheres here.

GonzoTheGreat
11-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Bela seems to scare them off, for some reason.

yks 6nnetu hing
11-22-2010, 10:24 AM
there you go:
http://www.supertommy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/unicorn.jpg

welcome!

subwoofer
11-22-2010, 10:54 AM
@yks 6nnetu hing-Woooooot!:D

Way cool!

Now if somebody could just tell a certain moderator on another site to get me the promised TOR dingle ball(inside joke- there was a huge honkin' thread and I was the last post until Torie-moderator- came along and snagged it from me, then I asked for a dingle ball for compensation -no dice) as Christmas is just around the corner...

Somehow I see Bela as being pro-unicorn. Edit- well you know what they say about unicorns that have big horns... ;)

Terez
11-22-2010, 12:09 PM
What's strange is that all the fire and stuff people are conspicuously absent. I think Naz is still reading the book. Maybe he had to wait to get it for some reason; he's in Finland.

Jokeslayer
11-22-2010, 12:36 PM
have a reputation for D&Ping.

I'm still trying to work out what this means.

subwoofer
11-22-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm still trying to work out what this means.

Drinking and Posting:D

Sometimes it gets colorful...

Jonai
11-22-2010, 01:09 PM
In that case I think a lot of people around here get colorful.

WinespringBrother
11-22-2010, 04:40 PM
welcome!

Matoyak
11-22-2010, 06:02 PM
WELCOME to Theoryland, Sub. Lots of the Newbie forum nuts are currently awol (probably due to the new book) as others have alluded to.

Crazy wards are down the hall and to the left, straitjackets to the right, JWB has the crookedjackets, and Dahl has the straightjackets.

Anyways, post often and have fun. Join us TCA (Theoryland Chataholics Anonymous) members in the chat sometime...it's fun, I swear! :D

subwoofer
11-22-2010, 07:09 PM
WELCOME to Theoryland, Sub. Lots of the Newbie forum nuts are currently awol (probably due to the new book) as others have alluded to.

Crazy wards are down the hall and to the left, straitjackets to the right, JWB has the crookedjackets, and Dahl has the straightjackets.

Anyways, post often and have fun. Join us TCA (Theoryland Chataholics Anonymous) members in the chat sometime...it's fun, I swear! :D

Post often? No fear! My track record speaks for itself:) Gimme some time, you'll see.

::wanders off in search of the padded rooms::

Terez
11-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Fear not, the hallways are padded too.

Sarevok
11-23-2010, 04:58 AM
Welcome to TL, Sub! Sorry I didn't welcome you sooner, but work kept me a bit busy. :eek:

Zaela Sedai
11-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Consider yourself officially welcomed to Theoryland Sub!!! (So...it looks like we have a talker...that T brought us...that's older and drinks...hmmm ahh well ~ Hands noob a dingle ball... enjoy, don't break any windows with that please))As I'm sure you've noticed, we have a pretty decent community of WoT fanatics over here. One of the ways that we keep it all friendly is a short list of courtesies we ask people to follow and, once in a while, actually do get followed. Imagine that! Insane people following some sort of order!

1) Don't flood the board with multiple THREADS all at once.
Allow us the time to absorb, evaluate, and discuss, OR LAUGH at one or two ideas, OR JOKES at a time. Some of us like to do a little research before responding and that can take a little time. Of course, we also have those others who are just a bit slow. Read that as "just can't handle more than one thought in their heads at once" or "dial-up modem". Your choice. I'd suggest "have a real life", but not likely. Does anyone still have dial up? Wow...it's getting hard to give the slow people an excuse

Addendum to 1) Try to stay on topic.
Going off on tangents can be super fun and is something we are all guilty of your's truly included but try and keep threads on topic unless, 1) the thread is dead or 2) the thread naturally moves over to another topic. This rule is much more lax for joke threads, pop culture threads...etc.

2) Try to back up your opinions & theories.
You'll get a lot more respect if you can. Quotes from the books (of which you CANNOT read too much) are your best weapon. Quotes from interviews are semi-acceptable. Gut feelings are pseudo-acceptable. Whitecloak blind-faith is best submitted while wearing asbestos panties.

3) Feel free to get as emotionally involved as you'd like.
Discussions can get very heated. But try not to take things personally. Remember: we only insult the ones we love. Or the ones we eventually hand over to the Trollocs.

4) Be respectful.
A lot of people have been around Theoryland for a long time. Being a Youngling means you're new around here. We do understand that you may have been reading WoT forever, but if you're gonna pick a fight regarding a WoT theory with someone who's an Elder, Ancient or Hero, understand that they've been around for a while now, and probably have posting friends. And Tamyrlin is Lord of the Board for a reason: this whole place is his brainchild. Keep that in mind. They also have posting enemies.... a good little bit of information to tuck away.

Addendum to 4: This is an international community.
In regards to the Non-WoT discussion groups, please respect the opinions of people from nations and cultures other than your own, even if you disagree with them or the policies of their leaders and politicians. Try to remember that not everyone here has the same outlook or life experience that you might. If you want to send a letter or e-mail to anyone in particular to indicate any specific moral, educational, intellectual, or genetic deficiencies they may have, feel free. Just please don't do it here.

Addendum 1 to Addendum 4: Please no angry profanity.
If you really need to tell someone off, be creative. And replacing characters with @$$ does NOT constitute creativity. I like tend to like the Shakespearean approach myself. The smarter and more subtle you are with it, just makes the person look that much more an idiot.

Addendum 2 to Addendum 4: Please be nice to Newbies.
We were all new at one time you are one right now and there is no need to come down on anyone for asking questions that to the elder community may be basic knowledge. This is for you to remember after you've been here awhile.

Addendum 3 to Addendum 4: Please TRY not to feed the Trolls.
Trust me, it ain't easy at times, but ignore the obvious instigators. Just sit yourself down between the Heroes and Ancients sharpening the WTF Couch sticks. There are many on the board who know how to deal with this breed, leave them to it. It can be quite entertaining. If things get too offensive to the population in general, Mods will intervene. We like to try and use enough wit to neutralize the trollies without help...

5) Please don't use the New Users Forum to recruit.
We have plenty of room in the other forums for begging for support for factions, theories, and the TCA. Please let the newbies look around for a while before taking sides in any pseudo-battles. ~do not feel you MUST click on Lordy's sig links and join just cause he's Lordy... it's not mandatory, butt shhhh! I did not tell you that!

6) Most important: Have Fun!
We do this because we love it and like to think that we are, at least, reasonably intelligent. Hell, some of us have deluded ourselves into believing that we've evolved into supremely intelligent beings! Half the posters here believe that divine supremacy has already come to them! My vote is for Frenzy, and myself, of course. You know the Truth when you see it. Don't let T and her massive bag o' quotes fool you there are always ways to fight back! With your on bag o'quotes of course!

We will assume some intelligence on your part. You found us, didn't you? Until you prove otherwise…and there are many who have, you'll be safe. If you get hurt if you do prove otherwise, I will offer my one free Healing…but just that once. After that you get to meet a special pair of chains, Mwahahahaa

Remember, you EARN your respect here, it's not given out freely and some may never know the pleasure.

Welcome to our little rounded corner! It’s a great time!

Enjoy!
Zaela Sedai, Official Theoryland Greeter, Mistress of Novices

subwoofer
11-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Shucks thanks everyone:)

And thank you Zaela Sedai- I did read your post at the top of the noob thread too;) Yuppers I did.

No worries, won't create too much havoc. Just here to wow folks with my quick wit and snappy patter:D

And stuff...

Erm.... I haven't had too many flame wars on Leigh's posts... I'll try to keep this place from burning down too... at least until I am clear of the building.

Terez
11-23-2010, 05:47 PM
From what I have noticed you usually try to make jokes during TOR flamewars.

DahLliA
11-23-2010, 08:15 PM
soo.

straightjackets are that-a-way

padded rooms are this-a-way(when did we pad the hallways?)

chat is recommended(since we need more people in there)

Terez
11-23-2010, 08:47 PM
soo.

Since Tam decided that Taer was allowed to leave Non and go hang out on the WoT board every now and then.

subwoofer
11-23-2010, 10:50 PM
soo.

chat is recommended(since we need more people in there)

This chat thing sounds like it has potential... have I told folks about my plans to take over the world invent a new chocolate bar? Maybe I could take a poll? Sway some minions... good people in my direction...

Terez
11-23-2010, 11:07 PM
I only wish we had strikeout. Maybe I can get Tam to add the custom code. He was sweet enough to add the [spoiler] one.

subwoofer
11-24-2010, 07:53 AM
From what I have noticed you usually try to make jokes during TOR flamewars.

Life's too short to be caught up in negativity... Unless we are talking about the usual suspects- Gawyn, kinda Faile now, Suffa, and a couple of other boobs. I prefer to step back, keep a level head and remind everyone, "hey we're blogging here, not curing cancer. We do this for fun, so let's keep it fun."

Maybe it's just me;)

Terez
11-24-2010, 11:02 AM
It is. Some of us enjoy a good fight.

DahLliA
11-24-2010, 02:18 PM
I prefer to step back, keep a level head and remind everyone, "hey we're blogging here, not curing cancer. We do this for fun, so let's keep it fun."

hear, hear !

subwoofer
11-24-2010, 10:15 PM
It is. Some of us enjoy a good fight.

Yeah. Heh- think I got you pegged, scrappy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFL4YpcK_5g&feature=related) aren't you?:D

"You are a genius! How'd you figure that out?" ;)

LOL!

Terez
11-24-2010, 10:18 PM
I can't say I relate to it much.

subwoofer
11-24-2010, 10:39 PM
12000+ posts? Mind you, I don't think you have anything to prove, but I hope you get the cred you deserve. "quotemistress" does have a nice ring to it:) Now that I have figured out your database, I use it frequently. Saves me a lot of thumbing through books and looking up online.

Terez
11-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I made it because it used to be a major pain in the ass to find the quotes. All those links in there? No one even had a list of them anywhere. You just had to know where they all were, have them bookmarked, and know which quote was in which report. Made it impossible for noobs to keep up with them, and excessively difficult even for oldtimers.

Zanguini
11-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Right. You seem to have enough guts to expose yourself to the massive weight of everyone's opinion on the non-wot board.

Belazamon
11-25-2010, 02:37 AM
Life's too short to be caught up in negativity... Unless we are talking about the usual suspects- Gawyn, kinda Faile now, Suffa, and a couple of other boobs. I prefer to step back, keep a level head and remind everyone, "hey we're blogging here, not curing cancer. We do this for fun, so let's keep it fun."

Maybe it's just me;)
It is. Apparently you have not yet received the memo.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/jalapenoguy/SeriousBusiness.png

subwoofer
11-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Right. You seem to have enough guts to expose yourself to the massive weight of everyone's opinion on the non-wot board.

Meh. What can folks do? I've been hurt by professionals. At some point I think we are rehashing WoT stuff. I have seen some of these debates on other threads, or here on this one at an earlier date. The non WoT schtuff is where things can get creative and colorful. Nothing wrong with being yourself... or in this case, myself:)

subwoofer
01-07-2011, 09:58 AM
I figured this particular thread would do the least amount of harm as I started it. Ahem, anyways, over the Christmas period some folks might have noticed I dropped off the map. This was because on Christmas day 12-25-2010, at 20:26 my wife gave birth to our daughter Gabriella Anne. Beautiful little girl with massive lung power. And currently a very effective time sink cause I have no idea where all time went, not just free time- any time. Anyways, just thought I would share my good fortune with everyone. Thank you.:D:D:D

Nazbaque
02-06-2011, 10:11 AM
The Naz is back welcome number 43:

Welcome subwoofer!

You may call me Naz!

*Sets himself on fire*

Even Terez has missed me:eek:. And I got the book in pretty much the same time as everyone else. I've actually read the book twice now I just got a bit caught up in my own writings.