PDA

View Full Version : and the three shall be one-Rand, Moridin and Fain

metaphor
11-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Many assume that Rand will need to link with 2 women, and give them control of the link as a safety measure because of the flaw in Callandor.
But this doesn't really make sense.
The Pattern specifically weaved for Callandor to be used at the Last Battle.Now, if all is needed was a powerful Sa'angreal and to link with a woman there were other ways of obtaining that. For instance the Choedan, or a link with other women using powerful Sa'angreals.
Even if they didn't use Callandor, they could still reach the same power it gives.
But the Pattern needs specifically Callandor. It is special in some way. And what makes it special, and unique, is its flaw.
Rand will need to use it because of it's flaw, not despite it.
As for how he will use it I'm for the theory that he'll channel Aridhol's power inside Callandor, and use it as a buffer between the DO and the OP. A thin veil to not let them touch. Like a condom to prevent the OP from catching Shaitan's STD.

And the 3 becoming one?

The three are Rand, Moridin and Fain.

This battle is between 2 forces, the Darkness and Light, but at some point, as Robert Jordan said, Fain stepped out of the pattern.
This makes him a third side in the battle. Light, Darkness and Aridhol(?).

There isn't only one kind of evil on the world, but 2, and this is reflected on Rand's body.
He has a scar from Moridin, and a scar from Fain(maybe this could be another aspect of th Dragon being one with the land).
He shares a connection with both of them, but something else happened and changed the balance.
Moridin and Rand crossed their streams, and started to merge.
It seems, given some of Min's viewing, that at some point they will fully merge, and will sort of become one being. But the DO, of which Moridin is the champion, isn't the only evil that Rand has to defeat. There is also Fain, and they can be set one against the other.
Min said in the last book that the flaw of Callandor is deeper than they thought, and it will expose him to attacks. Since we know that Callandor amplified the taint, I'm guessing the attack will be spiritual, through Callandor. Basically some power may filter inside Rand and take control of him. Fain might be the one to do so.
It cold be while Rand is fighting him, or when Rand tries to channel him, or in other circumstances, but he and Rand will merge. Just like Rand and Moridin, and they will balance each other, like what is happening on the wound on Rand's side.
At that point, he will hold a blade of light, and the three will be one.
How the merge will happen is anyone's guess, but given the previous fights between Rand and
Ishamael, that the DO has some control over the dead, that Tel aran'riod envelops all the dimensions, and that the walls between reality are disappearing, I figure that LB will happen in a setting similar to TaR, where reality isn't clearly defined and can be changed based on how we perceive it.
At that point, whoever among the Three prevails can shape reality to his image, and they will be 3 and one at the same time, sort of like Luc and Isam.

Then the DO will be sealed out of the pattern again, and, what's left of his power and Fain's power will eliminate each other, inside Rand's body.

Then, as Rand dies, his blood, quite literally, will wash away the evil from the world, and from himself.

I'm not sure where to place Shaidar Aran in all this. He might be the one that Rand fights at the end, while merged with the others, the true Avatar of the DO, or he might fight against Fain, and then merge with him, so that each one will merge with each other.

cottillion
11-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Can Fain even be a part in the prophecies? I thought the prophecies were essentially reading the pattern and by stepping out of the pattern Fain basically became invisible to the prophecies.

WinespringBrother
11-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Can Fain even be a part in the prophecies? I thought the prophecies were essentially reading the pattern and by stepping out of the pattern Fain basically became invisible to the prophecies.

Maybe Fain will unexpectedly take the place of the prophesied third person (who isn't named anyway, it is just some anonymous "third"). Since Fain is just a loose thread floating free of the Pattern, he may just swoop in and cause chaos.

metaphor
11-23-2010, 04:50 PM

why should he? He still interacts with the pattern and his actions have effects. The DO is outside the patter as well but the Pattern can still predict its actions.

And it was because of Fain that Rand understood how to clean Saidin.

Rand al'Fain
11-23-2010, 11:26 PM
I see one teeny weeny problem with that theory.

Fain wants Rand dead, and he wants to do it himself. I don't think he cares what the DO wants, says, or does.

GonzoTheGreat
11-24-2010, 04:08 AM
Fain wants the DO dead too.

Rand al'Fain
11-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Fain wants the DO dead too.

So, why would Rand and Fain join up if Fain wants to kill Rand himself? Doing so would allow the DO or one of his minions to kill Rand instead. I see it as more of a 3 way struggle then Fain joining up with either of them.

GonzoTheGreat
11-25-2010, 03:54 AM
According to Fain's master plan (which he may have changed 7 times in the first hour after we lost sight of him) he was first going to kill Rand and then he would take on the DO.

So it does not seem very likely that Fain would somehow link with Rand for any purpose.

metaphor
11-25-2010, 07:13 PM
According to Fain's master plan (which he may have changed 7 times in the first hour after we lost sight of him) he was first going to kill Rand and then he would take on the DO.

So it does not seem very likely that Fain would somehow link with Rand for any purpose.

He doesn't have to do it on purpose though.

Rand and Moridin didn't link on purpose.