PDA

View Full Version : He shall slay his people with the sword of peace

jana
11-22-2010, 10:39 PM
has this been fulfilled, or is it what Aviendha saw?

It sounds depressingly close to what she saw, imo. I don't think it has anything to do with the revelation in tSR.

What does it mean that he ‘shall slay his people with the sword of peace, and destroy them with the leaf’?

If it did, this is too redundant.

Jonai
11-22-2010, 10:43 PM
I always thought, it was the pronouncement in Al'cair Dal, where he revealed that the Aiel had once followed the Way of the Leaf, and they threw down their spears and ran, starting the bleakness.

jana
11-22-2010, 10:44 PM
I always thought, it was the pronouncement in Al'cair Dal, where he revealed that the Aiel had once followed the Way of the Leaf, and they threw down their spears and ran, starting the bleakness.

I edited the message right as you replied, heh. (That doesn't mean it will change your mind. I just don't think that's it)

Jonai
11-22-2010, 10:46 PM
Yes dear.

jana
11-22-2010, 10:46 PM
Yes dear.

I don't know how to respond to that.

Jonai
11-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Great, mission accomplished.

Getting back on topic, I suppose the first part couple refer to Avi's future and the second part to what has already happened, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

jana
11-22-2010, 10:50 PM
but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

because it's out of order you mean?

That's fine with me. I want to be convinced that it has nothing to do with the Dragon's Peace, 'cause I don't want that to come true and if it's mentioned in the KCycle then it probably will. *runs away crying*

Jonai
11-22-2010, 10:52 PM
I've made myself believe that there was some kind of weird interaction going on with the Columns and Avi, and maybe the rings that produced a possible future, not the future, because that future totally sucked walruses dude.

jana
11-22-2010, 11:00 PM
dude.

like, totally.

Sooner1222
11-22-2010, 11:27 PM
I remember Brandon saying that scene was heartbreaking to write this summer. I'm hoping that's because it was an emotional scene and not because he knows that that is really going to be the end result.
*crosses fingers*

jana
11-23-2010, 12:01 AM
I remember Brandon saying that scene was heartbreaking to write this summer. I'm hoping that's because it was an emotional scene and not because he knows that that is really going to be the end result.
*crosses fingers*

That doesn't tell us much (imo). It's heartbreaking to read even when you think it's not the future.

The fact he said it actually makes me lean toward it not being the future. It would be much more fun to say it if he knows it doesn't end up as the future.

Memories are weird... I thought the schooner tipped over at Nebraska but "the Schooner took a corner too sharply and tipped over. The driver, flag-waver, and RUF/NEK queen fell out of the Schooner. This made national news because the queen was not wearing any underwear."

padfoot89
11-23-2010, 03:09 AM
I don't believe that it was the future because all the current characters seem to be dead. If AMoL ended with the DO defeated but all the good guys dead, it would be quite depressing.

Can someone tell me what happened to the Jenn Aiel? Weren't the Aiel who left the Way of the Leaf supposed to be protecting them ?

GonzoTheGreat
11-23-2010, 05:05 AM
I don't believe that it was the future because all the current characters seem to be dead.Egwene might still have been alive. Not that that's much of a comfort, I'll grant you.

Jonai
11-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Egwene might still have been alive. Not that that's much of a comfort, I'll grant you.

Always ready with an Egwene quip, eh Gonzo?

I think what bothered me most about Avi's future are the kids. My god, they were so stupid. Rand needs to go to Nynaeve right now and get a saidar vasectomy, though it might already be too late.

Nynaeve, inner taint
In my veins seeking egress
Sever it in twain

jana
11-23-2010, 07:47 AM
Rand needs to go to Nynaeve right now

I thought you were going to say make babies with her

Terez
11-23-2010, 07:58 AM
Like I said in another thread, I imagine that the prophecies can be fulfilled in many different ways. I am totally on the Way of the Leaf bandwagon (as in, the Aiel have to return to it), but I don't really agree with Linda that they should do so before the Last Battle. Though I'm not really sure she believes that any more.

Jonai
11-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Like I said in another thread, I imagine that the prophecies can be fulfilled in many different ways. I am totally on the Way of the Leaf bandwagon (as in, the Aiel have to return to it), but I don't really agree with Linda that they should do so before the Last Battle. Though I'm not really sure she believes that any more.

I don't think that even makes sense. You can't change a culture overnight. How much time do we have left anyways? A month? lol.

Deadsy: You perv. I love Nyn and I love Rand but that would be weiirddddddddddd. I think of them like brothers and sisters. She took care of him when he was small and everything.

flinn
11-23-2010, 09:36 AM
I don't think that even makes sense. You can't change a culture overnight. How much time do we have left anyways? A month? lol.

Deadsy: You perv. I love Nyn and I love Rand but that would be weiirddddddddddd. I think of them like brothers and sisters. She took care of him when he was small and everything.

You wouldnt be changing a culture over night. They have plenty of practice gaishin or whatever they are called.