PDA

View Full Version : Breaking the seals will darken the sun

gord
11-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Do you think that breaking the seals will darken the sun (either much denser cloud cover or something else). This could lead to twice dawns the day, since whatever happens at SG will presumably fix this. Also, a memory of light could refer to fighting on in the, in this case literal, darkness after all hope is seemingly gone.

Dewairah
11-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Do you think that breaking the seals will darken the sun (either much denser cloud cover or something else). This could lead to twice dawns the day,

as good a theory as any. :)

SixPips
11-27-2010, 02:13 PM
I actually do not think this will happen and here is why: In Rhuidean Rand see's through the eyes of his ancestors, and one of his ancestors actually bears witness to the Academy (which looked like a giant white floating egg) being destroyed as the Bore was first initiated. When this happens, the Dark One is pseudo-set loose for the first time. He has what looks like black flames destroying the sphere of the academy, but there is no recollection of the sun being blotted out.

I feel the seals all being destroyed would have the exact same effect, the Dark One reaching out of his prison for the first time in Millenia.:eek:

That being said, twice dawns the day has intrigued me, and I am at a loss for how it will happen.:confused:

Marie Curie 7
11-27-2010, 05:36 PM
I actually do not think this will happen and here is why: In Rhuidean Rand see's through the eyes of his ancestors, and one of his ancestors actually bears witness to the Academy (which looked like a giant white floating egg) being destroyed as the Bore was first initiated. When this happens, the Dark One is pseudo-set loose for the first time. He has what looks like black flames destroying the sphere of the academy, but there is no recollection of the sun being blotted out.

I feel the seals all being destroyed would have the exact same effect, the Dark One reaching out of his prison for the first time in Millenia.:eek:

You might want to read that section again.

TITLE: Shadow Rising
CHAPTER: 26 - The Dedicated

What seemed a tiny chip of white spun away from the Sharom in a jet of black fire; it descended, deceptively slow, insignificant. Then a hundred gouts spurted everywhere around the huge white sphere. The Sharom broke apart like an egg and began to drift down, falling, an obsidian inferno. Darkness spread across the sky, swallowing the sun in unnatural night, as if the light of those flames was blackness. People were screaming, screaming everywhere.

FelixPax
11-27-2010, 07:11 PM
I second Marie Curie 7 suggestion to re-read Rand's Rhuidean visions of his Da'Shain Aiel ancestors in TSR book.

Do you think that breaking the seals will darken the sun (either much denser cloud cover or something else).

That depends on a character's point of view, location.
The Sun always is shining, but in places clouds block its illumination.

Metaphorically speaking the Dragon's Soul is tied to creating Light, Lightning, Fire, Brightness et la. He can part the darkness and clouds.

The Dark One return will not touch all Mirror Worlds, as Mierin/Selene and Graendal's comments have previously suggest (TGH & TofM books). Some Mirror Worlds will contain a chronology of future events where the Dark One loses at Tarman Gai'don.

Davian93
11-27-2010, 08:00 PM
The battle DOES take place across all the mirror worlds though. There's just one DO so any reopening of the Bore will affect all of them...and would likely be seen on all of them.

The Immortal One
11-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Agreement.

Also in The Eye Of The World (page 2):
TITLE: The Eye Of The World
CHAPTER: 1 - An Empty Road

The pale sun sat above the trees to the east, but its light was crisply dark, as if mixed with shadow.
If the Dark One could do this then, when the seals are almost completely intact, how much more could he do when the seals are entirely broken.

Squocka
11-28-2010, 07:16 PM
And the War went on for 10 years after the bore was drilled.

I cant see TLB being a 10 year war

EDIT: So teh darkness spread from the drilling but we dont know if it subsided and came back near the end of the 10 years or was there the whole time.