PDA

View Full Version : Perrin Vs Graendal AMOL

SixPips
11-24-2010, 11:29 AM
My last fanfic got a lot of good reviews, and no bad ones shockingly :D so I figured I would do another one. People said they wanted either Mat's or Perrin's POV so I did one of Perrin somewhere in the middle of the next book. I hope you read and enjoy it, please comment and let me know what you think!

http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=131472#post131472

BTW: let me know if you guys want a Mat/Lan POV since I have some pretty cool ideas for either of those as well :)

Green Man 22
11-24-2010, 01:00 PM
So, in your piece did Perrin somehow enter T'A'R to fight her? If not, how did he control balefire in the waking world?

I liked him killing Graendal personally, but I kind of think she deserves to die more spectacularly, maybe having her head exploded by his hammer or something.

Anyway, it is cool idea for their confrontation.

I like Gaul as a character, but I really do think he will die in the last book.

SixPips
11-24-2010, 01:10 PM
So, in your piece did Perrin somehow enter T'A'R to fight her? If not, how did he control balefire in the waking world?

I liked him killing Graendal personally, but I kind of think she deserves to die more spectacularly, maybe having her head exploded by his hammer or something.

Anyway, it is cool idea for their confrontation.

I like Gaul as a character, but I really do think he will die in the last book.

I was playing on the Aiel and Amayar beliefs that this world is only a dream with Perrin and the balefire. I felt it wouldn't be too far of a stretch for the connection. If this world is just a dream, albeit perhaps a dream from the mind of the Creator himself, why couldn't a true master of himself (which Perrin certainly is after 13 books of soul searching) force this dream to his will? It probably won't happen in the real books by any means, but I thought it was a fun way to kill her :D

Green Man 22
11-24-2010, 02:45 PM
I was playing on the Aiel and Amayar beliefs that this world is only a dream with Perrin and the balefire. I felt it wouldn't be too far of a stretch for the connection. If this world is just a dream, albeit perhaps a dream from the mind of the Creator himself, why couldn't a true master of himself (which Perrin certainly is after 13 books of soul searching) force this dream to his will? It probably won't happen in the real books by any means, but I thought it was a fun way to kill her :D

Cool idea using the Aiel and Amayar, but I can't see RJ using that. I think we very well could see two separate battles (both part of the Last Battle), with Mat leading the waking world armies and Egwene leading the dreamwalkers. With his growing skill, Perrin will probably be able to flash back and forth between the waking world and T'A'R, destroying the enemy in both places.

Maybe your type of confrontation could happen, and then Perrin could force Graendal into T'A'R (the way the Wise Ones frowned upon) and then defeat her weaves.

dominominic
11-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi Sixpips,

Do you rate all your own threads five-star straight away or is it someone else?

SixPips
11-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Hi Sixpips,

Do you rate all your own threads five-star straight away or is it someone else?

:o I do, it keeps the post on page 1 longer = ) noone else ever rates anything that I have seen so I figured it doesn't hurt :D

Jokeslayer
11-24-2010, 05:28 PM
:o I do, it keeps the post on page 1 longer = ) noone else ever rates anything that I have seen so I figured it doesn't hurt :D

So are you the one rating all those one-star threads as well?

Khoram
11-24-2010, 06:25 PM
It was good.

I was confused at first about Perrin surviving balefire, but after reading through the posts, I can understand better.

I actually thought it was a really cool concept.

Mat and Lan would be awesome.

natasharma
11-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Loved it... :)

Not sure if the use of the word Valkyrie is appropriate in WoT though.

Mat and Lan should be fun to read too...

SixPips
11-25-2010, 08:40 PM
So are you the one rating all those one-star threads as well?

Nah, I only rate my own stuff to let it stay visible a little longer. If I like a thread, I post on it, if not I just hit the back button.

Jokeslayer
11-26-2010, 04:44 AM
Nah, I only rate my own stuff to let it stay visible a little longer. If I like a thread, I post on it, if not I just hit the back button.

Posts 6 and 10 are incompatible. Redo from start.

SixPips
11-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Posts 6 and 10 are incompatible. Redo from start.

not sure I'm following you here. I rate only my own posts, and only for the purpose of keeping them "visible" longer. I do not rate anyone elses posts, as I mentioned if I like a thread I post on it, otherwise I just go to a new thread (ergo the back button).

Jokeslayer
11-26-2010, 09:15 AM
not sure I'm following you here. I rate only my own posts, and only for the purpose of keeping them "visible" longer. I do not rate anyone elses posts, as I mentioned if I like a thread I post on it, otherwise I just go to a new thread (ergo the back button).

Post 6 establishes your belief that nobody else ever rates anything. Post 10 establishes that you know other posts are rated and that you didn't do it. Both of these can't be true.

Don't worry, I'm just messing with you.

dominominic
11-26-2010, 09:24 AM

Or are you?

Jokeslayer
11-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Or are you?

Actually no, but for some reason I felt a little mean after my point got missed and decided to backtrack.

SixPips
11-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Post 6 establishes your belief that nobody else ever rates anything. Post 10 establishes that you know other posts are rated and that you didn't do it. Both of these can't be true.

lol, I understand. I didn't realize there were any 1 star threads until you mentioned them in your post that came after #6 though. As such both #6 and #10 were true due to a linear timeline = ) This isn't the Wheel, just the place we talk about the Wheel :cool:

dominominic
11-27-2010, 09:21 AM
lol, I understand. I didn't realize there were any 1 star threads until you mentioned them in your post that came after #6 though. As such both #6 and #10 were true due to a linear timeline = ) This isn't the Wheel, just the place we talk about the Wheel :cool:

Sounds like Ezekiel's Wheel.