PDA

View Full Version : 13x13'd or not!

Squocka
11-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Since this phrase has become so popular. I wanted to create a its not true thread for it

Although i believe that is probably what has happened to Mezar etc. I still have some issues.

We don't know 100% that is what has happened yet i see plenty of it is "fact" on these boards, unless BS has said somewhere that is what happened which i hadn't heard, then i though i'd make a Argument and Counter for it not being true

Arguments: Why now and not before,

Counter: The BA probably have entered the Black Tower and made linking possible.

A: We only know that it is 13 weaving through 13 Myr, Sheriam doesn't say they have to be linked.

C: It is a logical conclusion that 13 people together would need to be linked.

A: Evil eyes is pretty obvious what kind of stupid conversion is that Everyone will know.

C: Perhaps the eyes fade after the first few weeks as it takes effect and then they look normal

A: RJ said that the 13x13 enhances all of the evillness that is in you and brings it out to the fore and the good stuff gets pushed back. The couple of dead eyes that we have seen seem more like compulsion or robotic in their responses not an evil version of themselves.

C: It could take time to take effect or they are just being kind so as not to arouse suspicion.

A: Wouldn't Taim and his Lackeys notice the eyes and not let them out in public

C: They are Darkfriends perhaps they cant see the evilness in the eyes or didn't even bother looking as they are probably converting more

A: Why not just convert Logain and then at least he will be visible to his faction while the conversions continue

C: We don't know for certain thet Logain is captured and he does have 2 bonded Aes'Sedai so that may make it trickier if he is captured

A: Mezar also has a bonded Aes'Sedai and he got done looking for Logain

C: Maybee she got done as well.

I've had enough making stuff up so i put it over to you all to make better arguments or counters than me, that is if you care.

Caveatar
11-29-2010, 12:32 AM
Since this phrase has become so popular. I wanted to create a its not true thread for it

Although i believe that is probably what has happened to Mezar etc. I still have some issues.

We don't know 100% that is what has happened yet i see plenty of it is "fact" on these boards, unless BS has said somewhere that is what happened which i hadn't heard, then i though i'd make a Argument and Counter for it not being true

Arguments: Why now and not before,

Counter: The BA probably have entered the Black Tower and made linking possible.

A: We only know that it is 13 weaving through 13 Myr, Sheriam doesn't say they have to be linked.

C: It is a logical conclusion that 13 people together would need to be linked.

A: Evil eyes is pretty obvious what kind of stupid conversion is that Everyone will know.

C: Perhaps the eyes fade after the first few weeks as it takes effect and then they look normal

A: RJ said that the 13x13 enhances all of the evillness that is in you and brings it out to the fore and the good stuff gets pushed back. The couple of dead eyes that we have seen seem more like compulsion or robotic in their responses not an evil version of themselves.

C: It could take time to take effect or they are just being kind so as not to arouse suspicion.

A: Wouldn't Taim and his Lackeys notice the eyes and not let them out in public

C: They are Darkfriends perhaps they cant see the evilness in the eyes or didn't even bother looking as they are probably converting more

A: Why not just convert Logain and then at least he will be visible to his faction while the conversions continue

C: We don't know for certain thet Logain is captured and he does have 2 bonded Aes'Sedai so that may make it trickier if he is captured

A: Mezar also has a bonded Aes'Sedai and he got done looking for Logain

C: Maybee she got done as well.

I've had enough making stuff up so i put it over to you all to make better arguments or counters than me, that is if you care.

Not a better argument or a counter BUT
maybe they are modified Grey Men, Soulless now, and that is why their eyes look strange.

(No soul would probably mean no channeling though.)

yasiru89
11-29-2010, 01:05 AM
How about Mindtrapped? From what I remember, Moghedien and Cyndane have it easy- Moridin could make them into complete puppets doing his bidding exactly if he wished. This might be an alternative.

We know that Aes Sedai are almost completely useless in battle with or without oaths (the bit with the Greens in tGS and then Egwene's retarded tactics in Tel'aran'rhiod in ToM cement this claim), so more than the Black Ajah, these rogue Asha'man are going to be the major obstacle on the channeller front that the Lightside must surmount.

CreationEdge
12-02-2010, 09:08 AM
I vote not!

I like the idea of 13x13 coming back into the books, but these guys seemed to be possessed, not just have all their nasty kicked up a notch.

It seemed like something else was going on. That they had been replaced, mentally, not changed.

*shrug*

Squocka
12-05-2010, 05:01 AM
CrwationEdge:
That was my thoughts reading the books as well it all just seems to wierd and convieniant