PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for the Encyclopedia

Terez
12-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Team Jordan did a panel last JordanCon to try to determine what we are most interested in learning more about, for the Encyclopedia. I doubt they are exactly low on ideas, but they are interested in knowing what we want to know.

I'm not so sure the panel was useful; none of us really put a great deal of thought into it beforehand, and also I noticed that they often didn't write anything down and sometimes I think it was because they couldn't hear what the people were saying. So I figured I'd start a thread where we can all throw out some ideas for stuff to put in the Encyclopedia.

I'd like to learn more about:

Any of the battles that Mat remembers, specifically the places and people he mentions.

The role of the Aiel in the Age of Legends, and the origin/details of the First Covenant. I'm hoping there's some info on that in AMOL, but more is always good.

The history of the Seanchan.

The history of Aridhol (if there is more in the notes).

The organization (such as it was) of Aes Sedai in the Age of Legends.

etc.

Belazamon
12-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Creative uses of the OP in the Age of Legends, and/or lost Talents.

More specifics about the War of Power, and about the Breaking.

Ogier!

morat'corlm
12-02-2010, 03:10 PM
I'd like to see the true, 100%-accurate timeline.

Res_Ipsa
12-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Ogier culture

Shara

More on the Trolloc Wars

Maps of former cities at different period

kcf
12-02-2010, 03:13 PM
I'd like to see some decent artwork ;)

What Martyn Did
12-02-2010, 03:14 PM
I'd like something on the three Ages we never hear about...5th, 6th, and 7th.
Something on the discovery of the True Source; The end of the First Age.

Oh, and hi.

kcf
12-02-2010, 03:20 PM
I would love to see detailed, atlas-style maps of the present-day nations, nations post-TG, and at other key times throughout history (AOL, pre and post Trolloc War, War of 100 years), etc.

dominominic
12-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Specific questions I would like answered definitively:

How do Min's viewings work?
How do myrdraal travel through shadows?
How does Hurin's ability work?

General information I would like:

More on the Stedding.
More on the Blight.
A comprehensive list of all flavours and varieties of tea in Randland etc.

Yellowbeard
12-02-2010, 03:45 PM
more info. regarding mordeth.

when was he born? where? what his original name?

BS was quoted as saying he went to find something fight the shadow...and found it. what did he find? when?

how long did he look?

where did he find it?

how did he find it?

basically tell the story of how mordeth came to be mordeth.

Madgod
12-02-2010, 03:47 PM
I would like more information on the Chosen in general and Elan in particular. Also, if the outriggers/prequels aren't being written I hope they put the basic plot lines of those in the encyclopedia.

sleepinghour
12-02-2010, 03:49 PM
- A summary of what RJ planned to put in the outriggers/prequels.

- A list of Talents.

- A list of channelers' OP strength similar to the one at The Thirteenth Depository (http://13depository.blogspot.com/2009/02/saidar-strength-ranking.html). I don't need to know the strength of every Aes Sedai in the Tower, but at least the Forsaken's and other powerful channelers like Rand, Logain, Alivia, Sharina, and Nynaeve.

- More information about the 'Finns, the Forsaken, Seanchan Ogier, the Horn of Valere, the Sea Folk (especially their marriage customs), the gholam, and what happened to Jain Farstrider.

- Portrait of a shirtless Galad.

- Maps and the ebook covers.

WinespringBrother
12-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Maps of the Aiel Waste (which I mentioned at the Panel)

Lore, such as the Karatheon Cycle, Jendai Prophecy, Telling of the Hunt for the Horn and other Gleeman tales, Travels of Jain Farstrider (or at least some details on these subjects)

lythia
12-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Information about Shara
Ter'angreal, angreal and sa'angreal database.
One Power vs true power
Portal Stones - age before Age of Legends - where they came from, etc.
Lews Therin's history/resume/family/childhood - especially since this time around he was "raised better"
Also an accurate timeline of events in the books, including whats happening to whom simultaneously. hard to keep track in reading alone.

csarmi
12-02-2010, 04:12 PM
I'd like something on the three Ages we never hear about...5th, 6th, and 7th.
Something on the discovery of the True Source; The end of the First Age.

Oh, and hi.

age seven is ours :)

FelixPax
12-02-2010, 06:17 PM
More detailed Maps! Please include a new post-Breaking 4th Age Map. :)

An accurate chronology for all: Chosen/Forsaken; Major Characters.

Confirm who is specifically which re-born characters soul? In other words, which historical characters souls have become the Heroes in the current Age? Hence a Wheel of Time. ;o)

Examples: Mat Cauthon = Aemon al Caar al Thorin; Tuon = Eldrene ay Ellan ay Carlan; Egwene al'Vere = Soldier Amyrlin (Rashima Kerenmosa); Nynaeve al'Meara = Soldier Queen; Elaida = Amyrlin Tetsuan & Bonwhin Meraighdin; Valan Luca = Luca; Moiraine = Mordaine; Thom = Dermon

Related follow-up question: Can one 'soul' be split or cloned into two or more individual souls, in the Wheel of Time series? If two can become a man with two souls, why cannot a single soul become two souls? Twins?

Who was Mabriam en Shereed (http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/characters/hist/mabriam.html) re-born as, in this 3rd Age going into the 4th Age? Nynaeve?
Was Beonin reborn as Sevlana Meseau or perhaps Alind Dyfelle?

Can it confirm or reject that souls can become other Animals, Plants, Trees or Bridges?

Example: Was Mierin/Lanfear soul once re-born as a Wolf, in a prior Age? Likewise was Moghedien's soul once re-born as a Wolf, in a prior Age? Was Rand al'Thor's soul once re-born or re-created as a Someshta or in the class that is a Green Man, in a prior Age? Was bridge at Whitebridge created using another power in say the 1st Age, and who's atoms contain the soul of a person or persons? (Regarding the bridge at Whitebridge containing a Soul within it, I am thinking along the lines of Slavic Mythology which have similar tales of Bridges containing a Soul of a sad, crying woman.) (Regarding Moghedien once being a Wolf, I'm thinking in reference to the State Spider of South Carolina: Wolf Spider. So was Moghedien's Soul once a Wolf, a Spider and lastly now a Human?)

Where did the Sea Folk People flee from during the Breaking of the 2nd Age?
What do the full Jendai Prophecies specifically speak of?
Why have readers not seen any Talented Dreamers, Dreamwalkers et la among individuals within the Sea Folk Clans?
Do the Sea Folk Clans & Lines know of many of the Omens which the Seanchan & the Tuath'an Seeker Raen each follow?

Can we see artwork displaying the "livery", clothing of each People, Nation & Group mentioned in the Wheel of Time? And an explanation of symbol meaning for each type of "livery", dress, and item?

Where did each Chosen/Forsaken operation out of, or influence the course of events?

Who were Elaida's unknown four of five Spies sent Salidar to influence the rebels decisions? Beonin is the only confirmed Spy, but who were the other four?

Cortar
12-02-2010, 06:20 PM
age seven is ours :)

I thought we were the 1st or 2nd age?

Braendyn
12-02-2010, 07:26 PM
I would like to know where all the Stedding are throughout the land, and even within Seanchan.

Also, why channeling is not possible in a stedding would be information I'd be keen to have.

I'd also like to know why none of the Amyar (the island people who I may be misnaming) can channel.

As has been mentioned, Talents, Strengths, the general number of weaves an Aes Sedai knows and ways the One Power can be applied that we haven't seen, (such as time traveling gateways)

I think it would be cool to have part of it arranged by Ajah. With information pertinent to each one.
For Blues, the network of eyes and ears. For Yellows, the herbs and cures known to them. Browns...well I suppose that could be the whole encyclopedia...

What Martyn Did
12-02-2010, 09:33 PM
I always thought we were 1st, but then I had reasoned out other possibilities - I'll start a thread on it sometime.

jana
12-02-2010, 09:44 PM
I third the artwork part. I've never been terribly obsessed on minute details of the series. I'll enjoy whatever they come up with.

It'd be awesome if Dan Dos Santos did all of the art, but that would probably be expensive :p

(he did this):

http://www.dandossantos.com/gallery/illustrations/thumbs_new/thumb_fires_of_heaven.jpg

Belazamon
12-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Can it confirm or reject that souls can become other Animals, Plants, Trees or Bridges?

Example: Was Mierin/Lanfear soul once re-born as a Wolf, in a prior Age? Likewise was Moghedien's soul once re-born as a Wolf, in a prior Age? Was Rand al'Thor's soul once re-born or re-created as a Someshta or in the class that is a Green Man, in a prior Age? Was bridge at Whitebridge created using another power in say the 1st Age, and who's atoms contain the soul of a person or persons? (Regarding the bridge at Whitebridge containing a Soul within it, I am thinking along the lines of Slavic Mythology which have similar tales of Bridges containing a Soul of a sad, crying woman.) (Regarding Moghedien once being a Wolf, I'm thinking in reference to the State Spider of South Carolina: Wolf Spider. So was Moghedien's Soul once a Wolf, a Spider and lastly now a Human?)
Every time I think Felix has finally melted my brain, he opens another Ark of the Covenant...

bluelion013
12-02-2010, 10:40 PM
firstly hi to all!!

personally i'd like to hear more about the story of Tigraine and how she became a maiden and her love story with Janduin in detail.....
also along the same lines, the story of Tam.....
plus story of Moiraine and her travels with Lan during the 20 years of search for Dragon Reborn......
what happened to Cadsuane at that hill she keeps referring to which made her strong.....
stories about how Forsaken truly turned to shadow...

and some more which i will post as put them in some legible form!

skaywalker
12-03-2010, 04:01 AM
Every time I think Felix has finally melted my brain, he opens another Ark of the Covenant...

You doubt Felix!? Shame on you :p

I would like to see more info on the True Power.
Also I agree about the 100% accurate chronology.
Map of the Waste with the position of the clans there.
Maps of Shara and the Seanchan continent.

The Immortal One
12-03-2010, 05:51 AM
I would love to see detailed, atlas-style maps of the present-day nations, nations post-TG, and at other key times throughout history (AOL, pre and post Trolloc War, War of 100 years), etc.

I would like to know where all the Stedding are throughout the land, and even within Seanchan.

Maps of the Aiel Waste

I also would like to see some maps of the Aiel waste - where is Rhuidean, Al'cair Dal, and Cold Rocks Hold, etc.

I would also like to see where all the Stedding are.

And where all the old lands were - at the very least where all the Ten Nations were (I think I've seen a map showing this somewhere, but I would like to see and 'official' one).

The role of the Aiel in the Age of Legends, and the origin/details of the First Covenant. I'm hoping there's some info on that in AMOL, but more is always good.

Lews Therin's history/resume/family/childhood - especially since this time around he was "raised better"

Anything from the AoL is good.

I'd like to see the true, 100%-accurate timeline.

This would be useful, but I don't really have much trouble figuring out the different timelines after I've read to a point where each line joins together.

Lore, such as the Karatheon Cycle, Jendai Prophecy,

This, too, would be useful - though I don't suppose RJ left much in the way of additional prophecies, or that anyone else would want to make them up.

Any of the battles that Mat remembers, specifically the places and people he mentions.

Yeah, almost all of those memories are good.

Was Rand al'Thor's soul once re-born or re-created as a Someshta or in the class that is a Green Man, in a prior Age?

Someshta was the name of one (the last) of the Nym. 'The Green Man' is just what the 3rd Age legends call him - stupid primitives.

Can we see artwork displaying the "livery", clothing of each People, Nation & Group mentioned in the Wheel of Time?[/B] And an explanation of symbol meaning for each type of "livery", dress, and item?

I wouldn't really want to overload the book with too much in the way of art or images, but a few small pictures of the 'national dress' of each country would be interesting.

http://www.dandossantos.com/gallery/illustrations/thumbs_new/thumb_fires_of_heaven.jpg

YES, that art is excellent, so are most of the others of that series.

Mat
12-03-2010, 06:04 AM
Hi,

- Age of legends
- War of Power/War of Shadow
- Lews Therin
- The Forsaken
- Fancy Weavings during the AoL (The good and the bad)

Also, I would really enjoy to get some more information about the relationship between Lews Therin and the Forsaken before and during the war.

EDIT: The Moraine Picture is really nice, jana! - Best I've seen so far!

Fie
12-03-2010, 06:40 AM
Specific questions I would like answered definitively:

A comprehensive list of all flavours and varieties of tea in Randland etc.

yes, yes ! Me too ! And very much IŽd like some of the spiced-wine- and fruit-wine-combo -recipies as well. I remember reading about some drink they had way back, in an Aiel-tent, I believe and I ended up making myself a honeymelon-meth-drink, which wasnŽt really bad, quite astonishingly...

apart from that my favourite three would be:
more of the lives of LTT and the Chosen, I mean Forsaken, when they still werenŽt, Paren Diisen etc.
Seanchan
Shara

oh, and I simply love maps. maybe a big fold-out one I could put on the wall, please ? :)

but, really, IŽd like to read about everything mentioned so far, so it would have to be a 14-volume-book, as well...

jana
12-03-2010, 07:00 AM
The Moraine Picture is really nice, jana! - Best I've seen so far!

It's from the FoH e-book cover, so you should go look at the full version.

http://www.dandossantos.com/gallery/illustrations/full_fires_of_heaven.jpg

morat'corlm
12-03-2010, 07:22 AM
I'm a big fan of the e-book covers for the most part, but I think he erred there in giving Moiraine that harem-girl belt. Other than that she looks great.

Casabamelon
12-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Regarding Moghedien once being a Wolf, I'm thinking in reference to the State Spider of South Carolina: Wolf Spider. So was Moghedien's Soul once a Wolf, a Spider and lastly now a Human?)

Hey now! Keep your crazy away from my home! :p
________
Glass pipes (http://glasspipes.net/)

Casabamelon
12-03-2010, 09:25 AM
It's been mentioned, but I'll say again:
Shara. As much info as possible.

The Bore.
Tell me about it. How? Leading up to it? Ramifications? Effect on Mierin?

Maps. Lots of maps. "Official" and "Non-Sweet" artwork. Lots of artwork.

I actually like and agree with Felix's suggestion of Livery. I have a hard time seeing some of it.
________
Voyeur School (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/1162/school/videos/1)

Moghedia
12-03-2010, 12:55 PM
I would love to see more on the process of Ingtar's decision to swear to the dark. What did he have to do? When did he first think of it? When did he meet his first DF? How exactly DO you sell your soul to the DO?

I would like to see a similar thing for Verin as well - how did she first discover the BA? What kind of things did she have to do to prove her 'loyalty'? How did she meet Thomas?

I would also like to see these questions answered as per the major Forsaken in more detail than we have it in other books.

TankSpill
12-03-2010, 03:10 PM
I would love to see any history whatsoever (even if it's 'in-world' history, from the Age of Legends) of the Age(s) prior to the Age of Legends. I think that would be cool

David Selig
12-03-2010, 03:39 PM
I'd love to see more info on the Trolloc Wars. The major battles and campaigns, the most successful commanders on both sides, more info about the Dreadlords/Aes Sedai channelling battles, etc.

More info about the early days of the White Tower would be great too. I'd always been curious about this.

Belazamon
12-03-2010, 10:06 PM
So, to sum up:

Just put everything in it. That should be sufficient. Not optimal, just sufficient.

Isabel
12-04-2010, 12:33 AM
I would be interested in things like 'deleted scenes and deleted characters'.
And ofcourse earlier revisions of some chapters RJ wrote :D :D

Although it does depends on if RJ would have minded 'old material'put in to the encyclopedia.

Nei
12-04-2010, 01:39 AM
I'd like to see more details on the ter'angreal cache from Ebou Dar. Aviendha has already revealed quite a few pieces, but I'm curious to see what other kinds of ter'angreal there are.

I'd also love to see extracts from The Travels of Jain Farstrider.

Fie
12-04-2010, 03:49 AM
I thought some more and as I gather "All" would be too much to ask for, if Mr.Sanderson doesnŽt intend to spend all his left waking minutes to the WoT, I singled out my one biggest wish.
Which would be comprehensive essays of the story and reasons of all Forsaken, Black Ajah and others who turned to the shadow. Well, ok., of some at least.

padfoot89
12-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Information on all the parallel worlds out there (Finnland, Ogier land etc)

Tercel
12-05-2010, 10:41 PM
I vote for the following:

- A complete official timeline

- The story of the original Mordeth who lived during the Trolloc Wars and how he discovered his powers (if this became an outrigger novel I would be particularly happy)

- A very basic outline of all the Seven Ages of the Wheel and what begins and ends them and what happens during them.

Daekyras
12-06-2010, 04:23 AM
- The story of the original Mordeth who lived during the Trolloc Wars and how he discovered his powers (if this became an outrigger novel I would be particularly happy)

I agree.

Also (and I would definitely prefer this to be a prequel style book, kinda like Belgarath the Sorcerer by Eddings) I would love to have a detailed description of what Ishamel was up to for 3000years. He seemed to be involved in pretty much everything. I want details.

SixPips
12-06-2010, 10:31 AM
This is slightly off topic, but I would like them to make a WoT Concordance. We do so much discussion and it would be so much easier to find the exact quote we are looking for if they could break it down just like a Biblical Concordance. I would definitely buy it just for the sake of posting accurately and finding information quickly.

lythia
12-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Wow i'm seeing a lot of great ideas. In fact, maybe spin-off books would be a better option for many of the stories vs an encyclopedia???

Belazamon
12-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Or possibly the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Wheel of Time.

greatwolf
12-07-2010, 03:26 AM
A book of unanswered questions would be fine, but...

I'd like a more definitive list of strengths and Talents. Especially for the major characters and forsaken.

I'd really love to see forsaken vs forsaken blow by blow OP fight for xmas! If not in the current series, maybe something from the aol?

A lot more from the aol. Demandred, Sammael and LTT, who else was instrumental to the FoL in the aol apart from LT? Why did the aiel become his "people"?

Of course mordeth. And more on the DO's limits. BS gave some hints post TGS about SH, perhaps he might let on more about the DO himself?

etc.

Weird Harold
12-07-2010, 04:33 AM
About the only thing that isn't relatively clear to me is How, When, How Long, And what was Ishamael up to when he was periodically free from the Seals.

We know he was probably behind Hawkwing's antipathy to Aes Sedai and Luthair's shaping of the proto-Seanchan Empire, and we know he formed the Black Ajah during the Trolloc Wars(?) But there's no pattern to what we know of for certain and so many things he appears to have been possibly involved in -- like the 'corruption' of the Seanchan edition of the KC -- that it would be nice to have an explanation of "how, when and what" for the whole 3,000 years. I have a sort of explanation that sort of works, except I can't put any workable numbers to the periodicity.

Daekyras
12-07-2010, 06:19 AM
About the only thing that isn't relatively clear to me is How, When, How Long, And what was Ishamael up to when he was periodically free from the Seals.

We know he was probably behind Hawkwing's antipathy to Aes Sedai and Luthair's shaping of the proto-Seanchan Empire, and we know he formed the Black Ajah during the Trolloc Wars(?) But there's no pattern to what we know of for certain and so many things he appears to have been possibly involved in -- like the 'corruption' of the Seanchan edition of the KC -- that it would be nice to have an explanation of "how, when and what" for the whole 3,000 years. I have a sort of explanation that sort of works, except I can't put any workable numbers to the periodicity.

I would like to see this if I could Harold. What Ishy had been up to is my favourite WoT mystery.:)

Icon
12-07-2010, 02:43 PM
I want to know more about what happened during the War of Shadow/Age of Legends!

sheikh chilli
12-07-2010, 06:45 PM
A trilogy based on the Age of legends would be bloody awesome in my opinion.

GonzoTheGreat
12-08-2010, 04:10 AM
A trilogy based on the Age of legends would be bloody awesome in my opinion.Gonzo remembers a trilogy based on what happened before Star Wars: A New Hope. Are you sure the love stories in it would be awesome?

sheikh chilli
12-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Gonzo remembers a trilogy based on what happened before Star Wars: A New Hope. Are you sure the love stories in it would be awesome?

love stories? nah not interested. But the sight of Elan Morin Tedronai declaring his allegiance to the shadow in the hall of servants would be a sight to behold.

subwoofer
12-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Shock lances. And Sho-wings. Somebody put those into context for me.

Also a list of all the angreal the Tower is supposed to have. Isn't there a ring floating round out there?

Some tales of LTT before he went loopy would be nice.

And Hawkwing. He is a huge part of the history. Heck, his kids' kids are causing everyone nothing but grief these days. Let's hear about the man himself. We see an inkling of how great he was in one of Mat's visions when Tuon asks if he remembers Hawkwing's face. Let's get the full perspective of the greatest empire in WoT.

Weird Harold
12-08-2010, 03:21 PM
And Hawkwing. He is a huge part of the history. Heck, his ancestors are causing everyone nothing but grief these days.

:eek:

That's incredible! I didn't even know that Hawkwings parents, grandparents, et al even lived to see his Empire, let alone lived the additional thousand years or so required to cause trouble now. :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

subwoofer
12-08-2010, 03:25 PM
hmmmmm perhaps I meant descendants...

but yes, them too.

:D

Mam A'Lemur
12-08-2010, 03:53 PM
I would like to have explanations and depictions of things such as ice peppers. Are they like scotch bonnets, or are they more like jalapenos? And what are fire drops? We've got rubies, emeralds, moonstones, etc. Are they like fire opals?
I start wondering about little things like that.
Oh, and was Masema the only religious nut in history, or were there others?

Mat
12-09-2010, 02:52 AM
Oh, and was Masema the only religious nut in history, or were there others?

Whiteclocks? ...

Mam A'Lemur
12-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Whiteclocks? ...

Well, the Whitecloaks could be called zealots, and wrong- but the Prohphet was out and out heretical and nutty about his version of things. Kinda like comparing the inquisition with snakehandlers, or even some of the newer "religions" that have come out in the last few decades. Not that I'm bashing new relgions or snakehandlers. After all, I come from a long line of pentecostals. :)

It just seemed odd, that the only episode of fanaticism was centered around the Prophet. His movement spread so quickly and was sweeping up entire nations. If people were so succeptable to his teachings, why weren't they following other fanatics? Whitecloaks seem to attract paranoid and sadistic individuals that follow their distilled version of religion - but not a whole new take on it.

morat'corlm
12-09-2010, 07:37 AM
If people were so succeptable to his teachings, why weren't they following other fanatics?Well, every false Dragon worth the name seems to get an army of those types. Most people wanted no part of the fulfillment of the Prophecies, though; until Rand came along, the impulse to go nuts probably faltered against the omnipresent belief that the world will be broken again, and that's the best case scenario.

Mat
12-09-2010, 07:46 AM
We haven't got that many "Prophets" in our world, compared to the amount of people, 1 nut bag is about the same for Randland as a few 100 are for us :-)

subwoofer
12-09-2010, 08:17 AM
We haven't got that many "Prophets" in our world, compared to the amount of people, 1 nut bag is about the same for Randland as a few 100 are for us :-)

Well, the Whitecloaks could be called zealots, and wrong- but the Prohphet was out and out heretical and nutty about his version of things. Kinda like comparing the inquisition with snakehandlers, or even some of the newer "religions" that have come out in the last few decades. Not that I'm bashing new relgions or snakehandlers. After all, I come from a long line of pentecostals. :)

It just seemed odd, that the only episode of fanaticism was centered around the Prophet. His movement spread so quickly and was sweeping up entire nations. If people were so succeptable to his teachings, why weren't they following other fanatics? Whitecloaks seem to attract paranoid and sadistic individuals that follow their distilled version of religion - but not a whole new take on it.

Well as far as nutbags and being susceptible to influence peddling in WoT, we do have a fair chunk of Dark Friends floating around. The biggest influence peddler is the Dark One after all.

Weird Harold
12-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Well, the Whitecloaks could be called zealots, and wrong- but the Prohphet was out and out heretical and nutty about his version of things. ...

It just seemed odd, that the only episode of fanaticism was centered around the Prophet. His movement spread so quickly and was sweeping up entire nations. ...

The Whitecloaks are an older, more mature version of the Prophet's Followers would eventually evolve into, except...

You're forgetting the mass dislocations that started when Rand was Confirmed as the Dragon Reborn: millions of people took the prophecy about severing bonds and obligation to mean that they should uproot and go looking for the Dragon Reborn or just abandon everything and get out of Dodge one step ahead of the debt collectors.

The hasn't been such a mass of dislocated people looking for answers for a fuitcake with "savior approved answers" to preach to in the whole of the Third Age. Without the instability resulting from the Dragon "breaking all bonds" there wouldn't have been anyone for Masema to preach to. As it turned out, the mass of refugees/migrants were there to provide both the congregation and the sermon -- "Swear allegiance to the the Prophet and Lord Dragon and get fed."

Also, in a purely practical vein, RJ said that he deliberately didn't put organized religion into the WoT. He didn't provide an environment in the history of the WOT for religious zealots to take root in. The Whitecloaks provided refuge for the few male character types who can't survive without some hierarchy to think for them (the female characters types were picked up by the WT and taught to channel. :D)

In some ways, the Seanchan Empire is based on Empress Worship and is nothing but highly evolved (ossified?) religious zealotry.

Khoram
12-11-2010, 09:45 PM
I would definitely want to see more of the battles that Mat remembers - anything that has to do with Mat's memories is a must for me.

An official Old Tongue dictionary (with phrases) is also something that I'd like to see. I've seen the ones on the 'Net, and I just feel that it should be included in the encyclopaedia.

RE: different flavoured teas and different wines - YUS!

I would really like to see more info on the AoL and Paaren Disen.

Anything pertaining to Manetheren and the Ten Nations would also be cool.

Images of any and all weapons described and used in the series.

Last, but definitely not least - Mat's Hat has to be in there.