PDA

View Full Version : Rand POV

Cortar
12-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Okay, so I don't have a book with me nor will I have access to one for a while so first of all, I don't remember Rand having a single POV in ToM, if I am wrong then this thread is pointless, but if not, read on:

So since Rand didn't have a single POV in the ToM, is there any reason to believe that we will get any more POV's with him in aMoL? I ask this because I think that after Rand's epiphany moment on Dragon spire in TGS, his mindset will be completely foreign to us and as such, either for writing-sake or story-sake, I have a feeling that we will see no more POVs of Rand. Also, I think Rand's last POV being his Epic moment on dragon-spire, would kind of be fitting. Because after this, he is completely focused on defeating the Shadow and sealing the Dark One away, he lets Min amuse herself with him surviving, but honestly, I cannot see this happening, especially since in the long run he would outlive Min by such a long time it would be sad for him... Alternatively, having one final Rand POV when he is sealing away the Dark One would be pretty awesome and I think it could fit, but barring this, I can't see any more Rand POV's in the future.

Does this even sound remotely possible or am I completely crazy?

yasiru89
12-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I'd say the Rand PoV in the epilogue was indication enough that we'll have plenty of stuff with him as viewpoint character in aMoL.

Cortar
12-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Arg, so there was one? Its been a month now :/ so I forgot about it

Ishara
12-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Well, it was just the one with the dream at the very very end, so don't feel too bad. ;) I like the idea that the PoVs would be limited, if only because I agree that one final Rand PoV would be kick-ass. That being said, I'm not sure that it's because we'd find it foreign, but BS said that the PoVs were limited in the book on purpose - just like what he did with his 28 other days. I imagine we'll find out in 2 years.

Groan.

jana
12-02-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm assuming we'll have his PoVs in the next book. He was just supposed to be mysterious in ToM, which was kind of fun.

yasiru89
12-02-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm assuming we'll have his PoVs in the next book. He was just supposed to be mysterious in ToM, which was kind of fun.
I quite agree- Jesus Rand is a myth wholly based on what we've had to infer from third party viewpoints.

Casabamelon
12-03-2010, 08:52 AM
By removing any POVs you still have questions about what his plan actually is, if he's truly sane now, Construct/Real debate still lives, what does he know, how are LTT's memories integrated. A lot of this stuff will be answered with any meaningful POV. I doubt we'll have many, if any, POVs from Rand in aMoL, until near the end.
________
Weed Bubblers (http://bubblers.net/)

finn
12-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I'd say the Rand PoV in the epilogue was indication enough that we'll have plenty of stuff with him as viewpoint character in aMoL.This.

I quite agree- Jesus Rand is a myth wholly based on what we've had to infer from third party viewpoints.
Indeed. The epilogue POV did have a bit of the old Rand. He wasn't sure what he'd do if those gathering to meet him refused his demands but he was also confident that they wouldn't. Sounds about right.

Fie
12-04-2010, 04:14 AM
I got the feeling we wouldn´t get any Rand POVs until a Rand-Moridin-Solution happens.