PDA

View Full Version : Unfulfilled predictions for ToM?

frenchie
12-07-2010, 09:42 PM
So mine was that something important to TG would be found somewhere(such as the Black Hills). What were yours, if you had any?

FelixPax
12-07-2010, 11:13 PM
So mine was that something important to TG would be found somewhere(such as the Black Hills). What were yours, if you had any?

That's more of a "timing" prediction than a "factual" prediction error confirmed incorrect. The Black Hills giant sa'angreal prediction remains in play, for AMoL book, if that's what you were referring to.

Sounds if your trying to guess Brandon's mind, and his outline of events... which isn't necessarily what Robert Jordan's ordering of events would have been, if he actually completed the series himself. I sincerely believe that Jordan would have not constructed an outline, and wrote the last three books in the way Sanderson has. Sanderson seems to have missed noticing some symbolism & meaning, found in the earlier WoT books. It remains to be seen, if his omissions shall be corrected in AMoL or not.

Referring to this thread's main question...

I had guessed that Valan Luca would enter the Tower of Ghenjei next to Mat Cauthon as the 3rd man... 'redstone' symbolism is tied to Luca's off-scene visit to Tar Valon, and to both Thom & Mat Cauthon.
I kicked around the idea of Elayne being kidnapped within Caemlyn, by the a combination of forces: Queen Guards who were placed by Moghedien in Caemlyn (e.g 'Hunters of the Horn' women'), Shiane's darkfriends, Old Cully's Beggars, First Clerk Norry, and Black Ajah under the service of Moridin ultimately.
I thought Lord Turak's former top Seeker, would have succeeded in convince Captain-Gerneral Lunal Galgan to turn on the new Empress Fortuona, upon learning that she is mostly likely a channeler and is tied to Darkfriends (e.g. the letter in Doman ship, found by Egeanin's Sul'dam & Damane along with the Bore Seal.)

In retrospective, before reading TofM book I did not suspect that Robert Jordan created the character of Lunal Galgan partially from one very famous South Carolina individual: Strom Thurmond. :eek:

Similarly I did not suspect, before reading TofM book that Jordan likely created the character of Tuon, partially from one very famous former USA President and Freemason: Harry S. Truman. :eek: