PDA

View Full Version : It's so obvious now on things are going to play out.

sheikh chilli
12-25-2010, 09:01 AM
To live you must die.
3 becomes one.
logain stepping over rand's body.
alivia helping rand to die.

It seems rand will 'die' in a process that seals the bore for good pre war of the power. Once the sealing is done, rand will retire in an annoymous fashion where logain takes over as the leader of male channellers.

We can't have the dragon reborn walking amongst men once everything is done and dusted. The whole world will mourn the death of the dragon reborn whereas rand will live his last few years in peace having done his job. i won't be suprised if he's no longer able to channel after the process of sealing.

oh and moridin will meet his final end at shayol ghul

gholam
12-25-2010, 09:31 AM
If that's the case then the big question is how. Your predictions answer what can you throw some light on how it might happen, i mean the actual mechanics?

Terez
12-25-2010, 10:03 AM
All except for the dying bit. He most likely will die. Doesn't mean he can't be resurrected.

If he doesn't die, a whole lot of people are going to feel cheated.

GonzoTheGreat
12-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Perhaps he'll become inn keeper in Ebou Dar?

IoCaster
12-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Perhaps he'll become inn keeper in Ebou Dar?

Wouldn't he need a sex change?

Tower of Ghanja
12-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Isn't that intuitively obvious?

IoCaster
12-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Isn't that intuitively obvious?

If you're referring to my post then sure, post ACoS it certainly should be.

Nei
12-25-2010, 08:28 PM
You know, I'm still not sure how I feel about Rand possibly pulling a 'Harry Potter'. :/

finn
12-27-2010, 06:43 AM
I see him pulling a Mat, with someone using Balefire. "Twice dawns the day..."

TankSpill
12-27-2010, 10:53 AM
I think 'Twice dawns the day' makes reference to either a solar eclipse or dragonmount erupting and shortly blocking the sun's light. Dragonmount has more evidence, but I just really like the idea of a solar eclipse (which admittedly, has no evidence).

But as far as OP's 'obvious' goes, it is anything but. We have no idea how Rand will die, and I feel we can be pretty sure he will actually be dead in the traditional sense - no heart beat, no pulse, soul left the body, whatever - and not just fake his death. The Aelfinn and various others seem to make it pretty obvious that he has to actually die.

It does seem obvious that Logain will take over whatever remains of the Black Tower, but he won't be 'taking Rand's place,' as Rand was never the leader of the Black Tower to begin with (it's always been Taim), and probably has no interest in claiming that title anyway.

I see him pulling a Mat, with someone using Balefire. "Twice dawns the day..."

I still hope it's Moraine that does the deed if this is to happen (though it's sadly seeming less and less likely). But I see this as more of a way to lead to Rand's death than actually answering the 'Twice dawns the day' part of the prophecy - balefire wouldn't restart the day.

Terez
12-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Right, in order for balefire to cause 'twice dawns the day' then whatever causes the Earth to rotate would have to be balefired. Sounds risky.

I think Moiraine will probably balefire Rand, but he'll have to be resurrected elsewise.

GonzoTheGreat
12-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Maybe someone simply balefires a calendar maker?

TankSpill
12-27-2010, 04:25 PM
Maybe someone simply balefires a calendar maker?

duuuuuuude.... like... yeah!

finn
12-28-2010, 12:51 AM
But I see this as more of a way to lead to Rand's death than actually answering the 'Twice dawns the day' part of the prophecy - balefire wouldn't restart the day.

Not literally, no but it could be seen as happening from somebody's POV. They'd have the memory of Rand's death and experience new conflicting memories of events rewritten after the cause of Rand's death gets erased from the pattern.

sheikh chilli
12-28-2010, 07:57 AM
I think 'Twice dawns the day' makes reference to either a solar eclipse or dragonmount erupting and shortly blocking the sun's light. Dragonmount has more evidence, but I just really like the idea of a solar eclipse (which admittedly, has no evidence).

But as far as OP's 'obvious' goes, it is anything but. We have no idea how Rand will die, and I feel we can be pretty sure he will actually be dead in the traditional sense - no heart beat, no pulse, soul left the body, whatever - and not just fake his death. The Aelfinn and various others seem to make it pretty obvious that he has to actually die.

It does seem obvious that Logain will take over whatever remains of the Black Tower, but he won't be 'taking Rand's place,' as Rand was never the leader of the Black Tower to begin with (it's always been Taim), and probably has no interest in claiming that title anyway.

I still hope it's Moraine that does the deed if this is to happen (though it's sadly seeming less and less likely). But I see this as more of a way to lead to Rand's death than actually answering the 'Twice dawns the day' part of the prophecy - balefire wouldn't restart the day.

rand will live in the end. whether he dies and comes back to life or he fakes his death one thing is for sure he will live his final years in peace.

ShadowbaneX
12-28-2010, 10:26 AM
there's also Nicola's foretelling "three on a boat with he who dead, yet lives". Usually considered to be an Arthurian parallel, but what if the boat is Sea Folk? No one would look for him there, although it might mean dragging Elayne, Aviendha & Min with him.

GonzoTheGreat
12-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Yeah, but that could also be Mat in some strange situation with Joline, Edesina and Teslyn.

FelixPax
12-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Right, in order for balefire to cause 'twice dawns the day' then whatever causes the Earth to rotate would have to be balefired. Sounds risky.

Balefire?

No, something even brighter is to cause 'twice dawns the day'.

His hand closed convulsively. On Callandor’s hilt.

The One Power surged through him, a torrent greater than he could believe, from saidin into the sword. The crystal blade shone brighter than even Moiraine’s fire had.

The Dragon Reborn, Chapter 55 "What Is Written in Prophecy" -- Rand point of view; fight Ishamael

Want a cause for 'twice dawns the day'?
A Lightning Storm spanning all Worlds, but some Mirror Worlds.

The Sun, Moon shall unite to brighten the Worlds, to leave no Shadow shown untouched by the Light.

Callandor blazed in his hands like the sun till he thought it would melt.

The Dragon Reborn, Chapter 55 "What Is Written in Prophecy" -- Rand point of view; fight Ishamael

Callandor shone in his fist until it seemed he carried the sun. Dimly within him, fluttering like a candle flame in a storm, was the surety that holding Callandor, he could do anything. Anything.

Even Tairen Lords believe in the power of the Dragon Reborn using Callandor.

“You’ll get no chance with the Lord Dragon leading,” Baran said. “They will fall on their knees as soon as they see the Dragon banner.”

“And if they do not,” Carlomin added with a laugh, “the Lord Dragon will blast them with lightning where they stand.”

The Shadow Rising, Chapter 2 "Whirlpools in the Pattern" - Mat Cauthon point of view, with Carlomin, Baran, Reimon, Edorion, Estean

Reimon, Edorion, Carlomin, Estean each lead a Banner, for Mat Cauthon, now too.

Is not curious how Robert Jordan wrote a description of Rand and Callandor?

Rand pulled at saidin. Through Callandor. The Sword That Is Not a Sword blazed in his hands, as if he held noonday. The Power filled him, hammering down like solid thunder.

The Shadow Rising, Chapter 10 "The Stone Stands" -- Rand point of view

Or this description:

The Power throbbed in him like the heartbeat of the world. With Callandor in his hands, he could do anything. The Power hammered at him, a hammer to crack mountains.

And this description:

Raising Callandor, he drew on the Source, drew on it till it seemed he must scream screams of frozen flame. He had to kill them all.

And why does Rand later fear to use Callandor?
Because he knows it inside, that using Callandor can be the cause of his own death....

And the lightnings came, flashing out along the ceiling left and right like silver streams. A Myrddraal stepped out of a side corridor, and before it could take a second step half a dozen flaring streaks stabbed down, blasting it apart. The other streams flowed on, fanning down every branching of the corridor, replaced by more and more erupting every second.

Rand had not a clue to what he had made, or how it worked. He could only stand there, quivering with the Power that filled him with the need to use it. Even if it destroyed him. He could feel Trollocs and Myrddraal dying, feel the lightnings strike and kill. He could kill them everywhere, everywhere in the world. He knew it. With Callandor he could do anything. And he knew trying would kill him just as surely.

Marie Curie 7
12-28-2010, 03:08 PM

It could perhaps have something to do with this...

TITLE: Shadow Rising
CHAPTER: 26 - The Dedicated

Mierin had said today was the day. She said she had found a new source for the One Power. Female Aes Sedai and male would be able to tap the same source, not separate halves. What men and women could do united would be even greater now that there would be no differences. And today she and Beidomon would tap it for the first time – the last time men and women would work together wielding a different Power. Today.

What seemed a tiny chip of white spun away from the Sharom in a jet of black fire; it descended, deceptively slow, insignificant. Then a hundred gouts spurted everywhere around the huge white sphere. The Sharom broke apart like an egg and began to drift down, falling, an obsidian inferno. Darkness spread across the sky, swallowing the sun in unnatural night, as if the light of those flames was blackness. People were screaming, screaming everywhere.

With the first spurt of fire, Charn broke into a run toward the Collam Daan, but he knew he was too late. He was sworn to serve Aes Sedai, and he was too late. Tears rolled down his face as he ran.

sheikh chilli
12-29-2010, 08:51 AM
there's also Nicola's foretelling "three on a boat with he who dead, yet lives". Usually considered to be an Arthurian parallel, but what if the boat is Sea Folk? No one would look for him there, although it might mean dragging Elayne, Aviendha & Min with him.

and don't forget min's viewing of rand merging with someone else.

moridin and rand are linked. this linkage will prove to be massive come the final confrontation. moridin will meet his end due to this link with rand.

Glen
12-29-2010, 10:50 AM

Everyone seems to assume that that particular phrase did literally mean that it was referring to a single day, and the sun becoming visible twice.

What if it really just means that such a day will occur twice - that is, two distinct days, on which the same thing will happen.

Indeed, it's possible that that particular verse has already been fulfilled.

"Twice dawns the day when his blood is shed.
Once for mourning, once for birth."

What if we take this literally? There will be two days on which Rand will specifically bleed. The first, for mourning, the second, for birth. This could, conceivably, refer to when he received his two eternal wounds.

Some will point out that the rest of the passage refers to Shayol Ghul, implying a direct connection. But there's no direct connection between him being marked with herons and him being marked with dragons - they're totally different types of events. The commonality there was indirect, him being marked.

In this case, I'll point out that those eternal wounds have had a tendency to break open. If those wounds are the cause of his blood being on the rocks of Shayol Ghul, then the connection has been made.

What I'm not sure of, though, is whether there's a connection to "birth" in the Fain wound event. "Mourning" would refer to when Ishamael wounded him, due to the horn of valere, which I think produces a mournful tone, and raises dead heroes (who had been mourned). Also, the death of Ingtar.

Note, by the way, that it also says "twice and twice shall he be marked"... which, if interpreted the same way as "twice dawns the day", would imply that he would be marked twice each time. However, his heron marks come asynchronously.

sheikh chilli - Rand did "merge" with somebody else. Specifically, Lews Therin Telamon. His mind has essentially integrated LTT into it, now. In ToM, Rand speaks comfortably as though he is both himself and LTT, as opposed to previous times where it was like a distinct personality.

welshlad
12-29-2010, 11:04 AM
What if Rand et al are all gatewayed to Seanchan a few hours after dawn, they might see two dawns on the same day.

TankSpill
12-29-2010, 11:53 AM
What if Rand et al are all gatewayed to Seanchan a few hours after dawn, they might see two dawns on the same day.

Heh, I like an awesomely literal interpretation of this event. ;)

@Glen - I don't assume that because everyone else thinks it. I think it because the prophecies have never been extremely literal, and I see it as unlikely that such an important one would be. But it's just a way to look at it, I suppose.

ShadowbaneX
12-29-2010, 03:36 PM
I don't see how Joline, Edesina & Teslyn could be considered the Lion Sword, the Dedicated Spear and She Who Sees Beyond, but other then that, sure, why not?

GonzoTheGreat
12-29-2010, 03:50 PM
I don't see how Joline, Edesina & Teslyn could be considered the Lion Sword, the Dedicated Spear and She Who Sees Beyond, but other then that, sure, why not?I have to admit that I also consider that the one single weak point in my theory. I'm sure we will figure out how it all fits together when it is spelled out in the next book, though.

Terez
12-29-2010, 04:25 PM
sheikh chilli - Rand did "merge" with somebody else. Specifically, Lews Therin Telamon. His mind has essentially integrated LTT into it, now. In ToM, Rand speaks comfortably as though he is both himself and LTT, as opposed to previous times where it was like a distinct personality.
1. Rand says they are not two men and never have been. Contradicts Min's 'another man'.

2. Min says that the link will end with one of them dying. Lews Therin didn't die, or even pretend to die.

3. The wording of Min's viewing and the wording Rand uses to describe the link with Moridin...very similar wording, especially the 'touching' bit.

ShadowbaneX
12-29-2010, 05:19 PM
I have to admit that I also consider that the one single weak point in my theory. I'm sure we will figure out how it all fits together when it is spelled out in the next book, though.

Lemme know how that works out. Be sure to use proper indentation and masses of quotes when you do so though.

Marie Curie 7
12-29-2010, 11:19 PM
Everyone seems to assume that that particular phrase did literally mean that it was referring to a single day, and the sun becoming visible twice.

What if it really just means that such a day will occur twice - that is, two distinct days, on which the same thing will happen.

It seems to me that if the prophecy was meant to refer to two distinct days then it would have said "Twice DAWN the DAYS (plural days)" rather than "Twice DAWNS the DAY (singular day)", don't you think?

Note, by the way, that it also says "twice and twice shall he be marked"... which, if interpreted the same way as "twice dawns the day", would imply that he would be marked twice each time. However, his heron marks come asynchronously.

It's not clear why you think this. The rest of the prophecy makes clear that Rand is marked once by the heron and then a second time, and then once by the dragon and a second time (two herons and two dragons). Interpreting 'twice dawns the day' in the same way would suggest that the day dawns once and then dawns a second time; there's no need from the prophecy for Rand's blood to be spilled twice.

Glen
12-30-2010, 12:43 AM
It seems to me that if the prophecy was meant to refer to two distinct days then it would have said "Twice DAWN the DAYS (plural days)" rather than "Twice DAWNS the DAY (singular day)", don't you think?

That's not how English works. "Twice dawn the days" doesn't even make sense as an english sentence fragment, in fact.

The fragment "Twice dawns the day" can be interpreted in two different ways - either "twice there will be a dawn to the day" or "twice there will be a day that dawns". The fragment is a double entendre. The first interpretation is the "common" one, the second interpretation is the one I'm proposing for this prophecy.

Essentially, it comes down to exactly how you distribute the phrase - if you put "twice dawns" together ("twice-dawns the day"), then you get that "common" interpretation. If you put "dawns the day" together ("twice dawns-the-day"), you get the other one.

It's not clear why you think this. The rest of the prophecy makes clear that Rand is marked once by the heron and then a second time, and then once by the dragon and a second time (two herons and two dragons). Interpreting 'twice dawns the day' in the same way would suggest that the day dawns once and then dawns a second time; there's no need from the prophecy for Rand's blood to be spilled twice.
But he's marked twice simultaneously with both dragons, yet he gets one heron quit a while before he gets the other. And that's my point - if you take a direct interpretation of that prophecy, it implies that each marking will come separately... but the dragons come simultaneously.

Terez - it's up to interpretation, though. LTT did die. I'm not saying that it's certain that that viewing has been satisfied, just that it may have been satisfied.

Tankspill - What do you mean by "literal"? Neither interpretation is literal. Also, quite a few have been literal, such as the prophecies about the stone of tear.

sheikh chilli
12-30-2010, 07:32 AM
glen,

ltt didnt die. he's still alive. you may know him as rand:D

Glen
12-30-2010, 07:45 AM
glen,

ltt didnt die. he's still alive. you may know him as rand:D
Sure he died.

Don't you remember the prologue to The Eye of the World?

sheikh chilli
12-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Sure he died.

Don't you remember the prologue to The Eye of the World?

aaah i see but that was 3000 years ago. he has been reborn in the current age as rand al thor

Terez
12-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Exactly. If we were to interpret the viewing loosely enough for all that, then Rand would never die.

FelixPax
12-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Exactly. If we were to interpret the viewing loosely enough for all that, then Rand would never die.

True.
Dying in WoT, is a matter of degrees...

1st Physical Death
2nd TAR or Wolf Dream Death
3rd A Soul's Death

For the last, it seems that a Soul's Death is tied to an actual Star or Planet Dying.

This is one reason why Tuatha'an Seekers like Raen, and every Seanchan person--Fortuona, Selucia, those of the Blood et la--looks to Sky for Omens. To look at the Sky is to see the guiding lights of this World. It is they who help drive this World's Wheel... along with the Pattern.

What are some of the major guiding Stars or Constellations?

Mat Cauthon & Egwene al'Vere mention a grand total of 13 major guiding Constellations or Stars:

1. The Plowman
2. The Haywain
3. The Archer
4. The Five Sisters
5. The Geese
6. The Blacksmith
7. The Snake or Dragon (Snake, is the Two Rivers name; Dragon is Aiel Name)
8. The Shield or Hawkwing’s Shield
9. The Stag
10. The Ram
11. The Cup
12. The Traveler, with her staff out sharp
13. The Moon

One problem with this list... is its' only from a Northern Hemisphere point of view. Nothing from a Southern Hemisphere point of view, and yet Seanchan continent(s) spans both Hemispheres. Likewise the Sea Folk have and do venture southward.... Windfinders & apprentices guide their ships with the aid of Star Constellations in the nightly skies above.

Now comes an interpreted answer for a question for, who do each Star or Constellation represent?

Yes, they each are Individual or perhaps a Groups' "Soul".

Moghedien smiled and took a step nearer. “ . . . travel to other worlds, even worlds in the sky. Do you know that the stars are . . . ”

The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 54 “Into the Palace” – Nynaeve point of view; with Moghedien speaking

1. The Plowman = Valan Luca
2. The Haywain = Da’shain Aiel People’s: Tuatha’an, Aiel, Sea Folk
3. The Archer = Birgitte
4. The Five Sisters = Egwene, Elayne, Nynaeve, Min, Aviendha
5. The Geese = Aes Sedai, the Kin, Sea Folk Windfinders
6. The Blacksmith = Perrin
7. The Snake or Dragon = Rand al'Thor
8. The Shield or Hawkwing’s Shield = Mat Cauthon
9. The Stag = Gawyn
10. The Ram = Logain? (a purely correlational guess)
11. The Cup
12. The Traveler, with her staff out sharp = Moiraine
13. The Moon = Mierin; Fortuona

A Question for the original thread writer...

If it's so 'obvious' now how things are going to play out?
Riddle me this, who or what does the "The Cup" represent?

Likewise if it is so obvious, how can Rand al'Thor be tied to both a Star or Constellation of "The Snake or Dragon" AND "The Sun"?
Is it a question of perspective? Is the Sun, a part of "The Snake or Dragon"?

Now here's just a few related quotations! ;)

The creaking sign above its door bore a woman juggling stars, but no name; rain came off the corners in two steady drizzles.

The Great Hunt, Chapter 41 “Disagreements” – Rand point of view; with Ingtar, Uno, Verin, Mat, Perrin, Ragan, Loial, Hurin

Mierin is indeed a juggler of stars...

Why can’t we sleep under the stars again? I find I enjoy sleeping under the stars.”

The Great Hunt, Chapter 20 “Saidin” – Rand point of view; with Mierin speaking, Loial, Hurin

The Moon does enjoy its place underneath the Stars in the nightly sky.
Mierin knows more this, better than most. ;)

Then she saw the point of light she sought, and it swelled in her sight as it rushed toward her, from a star in the sky to a full moon to a shimmering wall that filled her vision, pulsing like a breathing thing.

Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 20 “In the Night” – Egwene al’Vere point of view

Elayne's essence in one place is a living breathing Star...

. . . bodiless, she floated in an endless blackness, surrounded by an endless sea of lights, an immense swirl of tiny pinpoints glittering more sharply than stars on the clearest night, more numerous than the stars.

Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 20 “In the Night” – Egwene al’Vere point of view

Every twinkling star looked exactly like every other, yet she knew this was Nynaeve’s dream.

A Crown of Swords, Chapter 10 “Unseen Eyes” – Egwene al’Vere point of view

Nynaeve, Elayne each are a Star in the Sky above...too.

Once, her life had been made up of rock-solid certainties, like guiding stars that never failed.

Winter’s Heart, Chapter 21 “A Matter of Property” – Egeanin point of view

Beyond, the army’s campfires climbed the surrounding hills all around, the stars brought to ground.

A Crown of Swords, Chapter 9 “A Pair of Silverpike” – Egwene point of view

Imaginary suggesting that a Star can fail or die...
Is that to be Perrin's Fate, too?

One step into the room, she stopped and stared. Shelves lined the walls, except for one door that must lead to inner rooms and except for where maps hung, often in layers, and what seemed to be charts of the night sky. She recognized the names of some constellations—the Plowman and the Haywain, the Archer and the Five Sisters—but others were unfamiliar.

The Dragon Reborn, Chapter 21 "A World of Dreams" -- Egwene al'Vere point of view; in Verin study

Chuckles... of course Egwene would have to be unfamilar with the majority of Stars in the night's sky. Or she'd be able to more easily able to find the many individual dreams, she cares about.

Yet Mat Cauthon on the other hand knows many, many constellations!

Tossing his blanket down among the scrub, he lay on his back. When he was a boy, he’d sometimes used to put himself to sleep naming the constellations. In that cloudless sky, the moon gave enough light to wash out most stars even if it was waning, but it left enough. There was the Haywain, high overhead, and the Five Sisters, and the Three Geese pointing the way north. The Archer, the Plowman, the Blacksmith, the Snake. Aiel called that one the Dragon. The Shield, that some called Hawkwing’s Shield—that made him shift; in some of his memories he did not like Artur Paendrag Tanreall at all—the Stag, and the Ram. The Cup, and the Traveler with her staff standing out sharp.

Lord of Chaos, Chapter 22 "Heading South" -- Mat Cauthon point of view

Recall this particular view of Min's?
So are "sparks" simply another word for "stars"?

Rand shivered. “And what did you see?”

“When you’re all in a group? Sparks swirling around you, thousands of them, and a big shadow, darker than midnight. It’s so strong, I almost wonder why everybody can’t see it. The sparks are trying to fill the shadow, and the shadow is trying to swallow the sparks.” She shrugged. “You are all tied together in something dangerous, but I can’t make any more of it.”

The Eye of the World, Chapter 15 "Strangers and Friends" -- Rand al'Thor point of view; with Min speaking

"Build it"... to watch us in the sky above!
So decrees Rand al'Thor...

Among the teachers he knew was Kin Tovere, a stocky lensmaker who kept wiping his bald head with a striped handkerchief. Aside from looking glasses in various sizes—“Count the hairs in a man’s nose at a mile,” he said; that was how he talked—he had a lens as big across as his head, a sketch of the looking glass to hold it and more like it, a thing six paces long, and a scheme for looking at the stars, of all things. Well, Kin always wanted to look at things far off.

Idrien wore a look of quiet satisfaction while Rand studied Master Tovere’s sketch. She was not much for anything but the practical. During the siege of Cairhien, she herself had built a huge crossbow, all levers and pulleys, that hurled a small spear a full mile hard enough to drive through a man. Had she her way, there would be no time wasted on anything not real and solid.

“Build it,” Rand told Kin. Maybe it was of no real use, not like the plow, but he liked Tovere. Idrien sighed and shook her head. Tovere beamed. “And I’m giving you a prize of a hundred gold crowns. This looks interesting.” That produced a buzz, and it was close whether Idrien’s jaw or Tovere’s dropped farther.

The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 18 “A Taste of Solitude” – Rand point of view, at the Academy of Cairhien

Idrien and Rand are incorrect... a telescope is actually useful... as it will tell the user... whether or not the Rand al'Thor's soul lives after the Last Battle... or not.

If one see al'Thor's Star alive through a telescope in the starry sky above, his soul lives. No Star, no soul survives....

Bluedust
12-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Alright so back to the topic.

The Immortal One
12-31-2010, 01:30 AM
TITLE: Shadow Rising
CHAPTER: 26 - The Dedicated

Mierin had said today was the day. She said she had found a new source for the One Power. Female Aes Sedai and male would be able to tap the same source, not separate halves. What men and women could do united would be even greater now that there would be no differences. And today she and Beidomon would tap it for the first time – the last time men and women would work together wielding a different Power. Today.

What seemed a tiny chip of white spun away from the Sharom in a jet of black fire; it descended, deceptively slow, insignificant. Then a hundred gouts spurted everywhere around the huge white sphere. The Sharom broke apart like an egg and began to drift down, falling, an obsidian inferno. Darkness spread across the sky, swallowing the sun in unnatural night, as if the light of those flames was blackness. People were screaming, screaming everywhere.

With the first spurt of fire, Charn broke into a run toward the Collam Daan, but he knew he was too late. He was sworn to serve Aes Sedai, and he was too late. Tears rolled down his face as he ran.

I sort of agree with this.

An alternative is that Rand travels with his own sunny weather (the everpresent clouds break in his presence); perhaps it is as simple as him being there, then 'dying' and the clouds close over, then he is 'alive' again and the sun shines again.

Er... if you understand my convoluted sentence.

TankSpill
12-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Alright so back to the topic.

Heh, I'd +rep you, but don't have that ability yet. :( Always count on a certain someone to completely derail the conversation and take it to a whole new level of crazy.

@The Immortal One, I find that a little too simple. It fits somewhat, but it could hardly be called 'dawn the day.' Unless maybe it was used on a much more grand scale - ie, when he is reborn/alive/ripped-from-T'a'R, [i]all the skies clear up (instead of just the little patch that follows him around).