PDA

View Full Version : Rand's Confrontations at the Last Battle

boyprangko
12-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Rand seems to have a lot of fights lined up before he confronts the DO. How is he realistically supposed to kill all of them and THEN battle the DO all fresh and stuff? I'd think that would mean that he would have to have others fight his 'personal' battles for him.

1. Moridin - I don't think he would be satisfied with confronting anyone less than Rand, because he's Nae'blis

2. SH - being the DO's image/avatar, dito

3. Demandred - The guy has hated Lews Therin for 3,000 years and settles for someone else? Not likely

4. Padan Fain - He hates Mat, Perrin and Rand but has been concentrating on Rand. The guy is in the Blight just to be able to confront Rand. Not going to settle for Mat or Perrin

Just handling one of them would be battle enough, but all? One after the other? They wouldn't like it, but Rand would have to get someone to fight them for him. So, who do you think will be battling Moridin? What about SH? Demandred? and Padan Fain? Or do you think that Rand will come in and handle them all?

(Although Padan Fain being confronted by Mat HAS a certain symmetry seeing as he used to wield that dagger fron Shadar Logoth)

dpt24
12-31-2010, 01:26 AM
I'm not sure how Fain's going to manage to hang around Shaol Guol. Because won't Moridin or Demordred just show up an blow him up? I'm wondering if there won't be a confrontation between Fain and Shadar Haran. Shadar has the ability to control those who've sworn to the shadow, and Fain did that, while Fain has the power to kill Mydral by touch. Of course, Shadar Haran should be stronger when the seals are broken, and he can just get Greandal to balefire Fain out of existance.

padfoot89
12-31-2010, 04:52 PM
While all of them want to face Rand, I don't think it will happen though.

I can see only Moridin facing Rand.

Demandred (if he ever decides to show up) will probably be commanding some force and will get killed abruptly while he sits planning the confrontation with Rand.

SH and Padan Fain will face each other. It will probably end up with both of them weakened so that a good guy can come and take them out. Fain, I think, will be a match for a channeler now. I expect him to have a lot of "tricks" up his sleeve.

On a side note, I'm really pleased that Fain has become so awesome. I just read EOTW and felt really bad for him. Now its time for some payback. Hopefully, he'll teach Moridin as lesson as well (even though he is my favorite character).

GonzoTheGreat
12-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Perhaps Fain will become Egwene's Warder. Wouldn't that be a fun twist?

Juan
01-01-2011, 02:38 AM
@Gonzo
hahahahaahha. Priceless

@padfoot89
I think Moridin and Rand will be the epic battle, but that Rand may have to fight Fain as well. Although Fain and Mat would be awesome in my opinion.

@boyprangko
Moridin and Fain.

Demandred will likely not get the pleasure. He'll be preoccupied as a general I'm thinking.

SH as far as we've seen isn't really a fighter. I'm not saying it can't fight and isn't dangerous, I just don't see it facing Rand. As the DO's "not exactly avatar but close" that gives the DO's orders to the other Forsaken and all that, I think it's too valuable to be used in a fight. I think it will need to focus more on organizing the remaining Forsaken, since Moridin will be facing Rand and won't be able to do that anymore. Then again, SH fighting Rand would be interesting because of its immunity to channeling.

FelixPax
01-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Perhaps Fain will become Egwene's Warder. Wouldn't that be a fun twist?

She already has that in Gawyn. ;)

GonzoTheGreat
01-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Cadsuane will simply tell Shaidar Haran to behave himself, and that'll be that.

Can anyone detect that I'm not taking this entirely serious?

BigBadWolfbrother
01-01-2011, 02:39 PM
This is how it will go down...

Since the D.O. is not really a person/personage (he is really just the essence of the True Power as the Creator is the essence of the One Power) nobody kills him...just locks that power up again, so everybody can forget about it again.

Moridin will have to be destroyed by Rand. Amen.

Fain gets his head ripped off by Gollums teeth...j/k:D, but that would be awesome. Fain will die in the crossfire of the battle between Moridin and Rand.

SH ceases to exist as soon as the True Power is locked up again.

Demandred and Graendel sneak off into a vacuole for never ending Forsaken Sex.

And everybody lives happily ever after.