PDA

View Full Version : Egwene's Dreams Decoded

ScoundrelTheToy
01-14-2011, 09:31 AM
She stood before an immense wall, clawing at it, trying to tear it down with her bare hands. It was not made of brick or stone, but countless thousands of discs, each half white and half black, the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai, like the seven seals that had once held the Dark One’s prison shut. Some of those seals were broken now, though not even the One Power could break cuendillar, and the rest had weakened somehow, but the wall stood strong however she beat at it. She could not tear it down. Maybe it was the symbol that was important. Maybe it was the Aes Sedai she was trying to tear down, the White Tower.

- A Crown Of Swords, Unseen Eyes

She stood before an immense wall, clawing at it, trying to tear it down with her bare hands. Standing before the wall means standing against the Dragon at FOM. 'Trying to tear it down etc' just means she's going to oppose his plan to break the seals. Her bare hands probably represent lack of support in so far as she believes she should have at this point in the FOM meeting or some variation.

It was not made of brick or stone, but countless thousands of discs, each half white and half black, the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai, like the seven seals that had once held the Dark One's prison shut. Once again, the wall is Rand the thousands of the discs of the ancient symbol of Aes Sedai means those in favor of breaking the seals.

Some of those seals were broken now, though not even the One Power could break cuendillar, and the rest had weakened somehow, but the wall stood strong however she beat at it. Some seals I think mean people like Moiraine (I think she's 'mentioned' in the first dream I posted, but didn't catch it my first time through it; revised version is a lot cleaner) and Nynaeve supporting Rand's plan and she can't break it because Rand's support is 'cundillar'. The rest weakened I think means Rand swayed a lot of people to his side. So whatever manuever Egwene tries to pull, Rand's support stands strong since it's standing strong 'however she beats at it'.

She could not tear it down. Support for Egwene's plan to not break the seals has failed.

Maybe it was the symbol that was important. Well I think the symbol obviously represents the Dragon.

Maybe it was the Aes Sedai she was trying to tear down, the White Tower. This could be many things. Some being Nynaeve standing in support of Rand. Moiraine standing in support on Rand (more on this if I repost a re-thought other dream that I posted about). So it would make sense if those that 'supposedly' should be on Egwene's side (Aes Sedai) take Rand's side instead, then it could risk tearing down the Tower.

----------------------

Wading through waist-deep snow with trees thick all around her, knowing she had to reach the edge of the forest. But even when she glimpsed the end of the trees ahead, one blink and it receded into the distance, leaving her to flounder on.

Or she was pushing a great millstone up a steep hill, but every time she was almost to the top, she slipped and fell and watched the huge stone rill back to the bottom, so she had to trudge back down and begin again, only every time the hill was higher than before. She knew enough of dreams to know where these came from even if they had no special meaning. None beyond the fact that she was tired and had a seemingly endless task in front of her, anyway.

- Crossroads of Twilight, In The Night

Wading through waist-deep snow with trees thick all around her, knowing she had to reach the edge of the forest. This represents Egwene trying to manuever (wading) support for not breaking the seals at FOM. The thick trees and forrest just represent Rand and his supporters are the forrest. The 'edge' just represents uniting them behind her plan to not break them. She knows she has to reach the edge of the forest, or the world falls (in her POV of course).

But even when she glimpsed the end of the trees ahead, one blink and it receded into the distance, leaving her to flounder on. Egwene's side is trying to sway the Dragon's side in terms of not breaking the seals. If she 'blinks' or in other words, misses pursuading these 'trees' or 'towers' (as referred to in other dreams referencing this) she will have to 'flounder' on. Flounder on because her path is starting to get frailer.

Or she was pushing a great millstone up a steep hill, but every time she was almost to the top, she slipped and fell and watched the huge stone rill back to the bottom, so she had to trudge back down and begin again. Sounds kinda dire. Sounds like everyone she tries to convince to not breaks the seals...listens then take's the Dragon's side.

Only every time the hill was higher than before. Hill, tower, trees = Rand's side. Higher than before because he's gaining more support.

The last part about a seemingly endless task in front of her....sounds like although outnumbered she's going to 'trudge' on through the mud leading whatever support she has...anyway.

---------------------------------------

She stood before an immense wall, clawing at it, trying to tear it down with her bare hands. It was not made of brick or stone, but countless thousands of discs, each half white and half black, the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai, like the seven seals that had once held the Dark One’s prison shut. Some of those seals were broken now, though not even the One Power could break cuendillar, and the rest had weakened somehow, but the wall stood strong however she beat at it. She could not tear it down. Maybe it was the symbol that was important. Maybe it was the Aes Sedai she was trying to tear down, the White Tower.

- A Crown Of Swords, Unseen Eyes

She stood before an immense wall, clawing at it, trying to tear it down with her bare hands. Standing before the wall means standing against the Dragon at FOM. 'Trying to tear it down etc' just means she's going to oppose his plan to break the seals. Her bare hands probably represent lack of support in so far as she believes she should have at this point in the FOM meeting or some variation.

It was not made of brick or stone, but countless thousands of discs, each half white and half black, the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai, like the seven seals that had once held the Dark One's prison shut. Once again, the wall is Rand the thousands of the discs of the ancient symbol of Aes Sedai means those in favor of breaking the seals.

Some of those seals were broken now, though not even the One Power could break cuendillar, and the rest had weakened somehow, but the wall stood strong however she beat at it. Some seals I think in this reference means people like Moiraine and Nynaeve supporting Rand's plan and she can't break it because Rand's support is 'cundillar'. The rest weakened I think means Rand swayed a lot of people to his side. So whatever manuever Egwene tries to pull, Rand's support stands strong since it's standing strong 'however she beats at it'.

She could not tear it down. Support for Egwene's plan to not break the seals has failed.

Maybe it was the symbol that was important. Well I think the symbol obviously represents the Dragon.

Maybe it was the Aes Sedai she was trying to tear down, the White Tower. This could be many things. Some being Nynaeve standing in support of Rand. Moiraine standing in support on Rand (more on this if I repost a re-thought other dream that I posted about). So it would make sense if those that 'supposedly' should be on Egwene's side (Aes Sedai) take Rand's side instead, then it could risk tearing down the Tower.

Gonna go back and do something about the first and largest dream I posted first in my other topic regarding this possibly (have revised, more detailed thoughtout version). I missed a lot of things I think in my first rush through it. There are anywhere from 1-3 additional Egwene Dreams foreshadowing this meeting at FOM that I didn't/haven't posted yet. No idea how this will be recieved honestly, but seems straightforward in a lot of ways now.

The Immortal One
01-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Wading through waist-deep snow with trees thick all around her, knowing she had to reach the edge of the forest. But even when she glimpsed the end of the trees ahead, one blink and it receded into the distance, leaving her to flounder on.

Or she was pushing a great millstone up a steep hill, but every time she was almost to the top, she slipped and fell and watched the huge stone rill back to the bottom, so she had to trudge back down and begin again, only every time the hill was higher than before. She knew enough of dreams to know where these came from even if they had no special meaning. None beyond the fact that she was tired and had a seemingly endless task in front of her, anyway.

I figured this part meant that it was not a Dreamer's dream. It was just an ordinary nightmare about her exhaustion and stress at her seemingly impossible task - reuniting the White Tower.

Or, even if it's a prophetic dream, that it's just a generalisation of seemingly impossible, endless tasks.