PDA

View Full Version : Rand and Ishamael Fusing Into One

Juan
01-27-2011, 10:47 PM
If Rand and Ishamael fused into one being, thus becoming truly and fully linked, which personality do you think would persevere? Rand's super good side as we've seen lately, or Ishamael's super evil side?

This forum has been fairly dead these past two days or so, so it clearly needs more discussion, and this is definitely an interesting question in my opinion.

So my take on things is that if they both fused, Rand's new super good side would win out in the end. What do you think?

jana
01-28-2011, 12:45 AM
more importantly, which would be more attractive?

If they fused:

finger to finger
forehead to forehead
buttcheek to buttcheek

(the latter could be messy)

Rand al'Fain
01-28-2011, 02:03 AM
Something like this?
http://members.multimania.nl/faresvegeta/hpbimg/goten-and-trunks-fusion-to-gotenks-2.gif

Spasmodean
01-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Most definitely not.

Mam A'Lemur
01-28-2011, 11:09 AM
And if they do fuse - is it going to be a mish-mash of them both? Or one's looks and the other's character?

And who is to say that they'll get stuck together and not rearranged into some weird way - like when the President Skroob in Spaceballs got reassembled backwards? Or they could have two heads, three hands and no feet?

Terez
01-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Something like this?
http://members.multimania.nl/faresvegeta/hpbimg/goten-and-trunks-fusion-to-gotenks-2.gif
I like this one better:
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc262/chichon_/goku-and-vegeta-fusion-to-gogeta-2.gif
...even though they didn't do the dance. Vegeta doesn't like it anyway.

Crispin's Crispian
01-28-2011, 01:38 PM
And if they do fuse - is it going to be a mish-mash of them both? Or one's looks and the other's character?

And who is to say that they'll get stuck together and not rearranged into some weird way - like when the President Skroob in Spaceballs got reassembled backwards? Or they could have two heads, three hands and no feet?

Two heads would be pretty cool. I wonder if they'd try to fight each other, biting ears and eye-gouging and what not.

Slayer is two people with one name...no real fusion there, IMO. He's just either Luc or Isam depending on mood, I guess. Maybe it depends on which tavern he's going into.

Cairn
01-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Rand's super good side as we've seen lately, or Ishamael's super evil side?

I think if we've seen anything, it's that both of these champions are both good and evil.

Granted, Rand is pretty drastically changed in ToM, but that's just an inner peace with what he must do and being Lews Therin. He's still the same person that almost destroyed that entire Borderland army.

And, in Rand's dream sequence with Ishamael he mentions something along the lines of Elan's 'logic killing him'. Essentially his Lews Therin memories are remembering Elan not quite as evil as we see him.

I think you're hurting your own point by calling them 'super-good' and 'super-evil'. Both of them spanning the spectrum of good/evil makes it much more likely for any 'fusion' I think.

(Not that I think any such thing is going to happen, in addition to it seeming just out of whack, I think everything we've seen from RJ about souls being spun out repeatedly is evidence against it.)

Juan
01-29-2011, 01:29 AM
@jana
Out of Rand and Moridin? Who cares. In general? Me.

@Rand al'Fain and Terez
Lol! Have you seen Dragonball Z the Abridged Series? It's freaking hilarious.

@Mam
I still haven't watched Spaceballs! I've heard it's hilarious. I gotta remember to do that one day.

@Crispin
haha that would definitely be the best way to carry out the expected epic fight between Rand and Ishamael. :P

@Cairn
Yeah I realize that. Hence why I specifically said Rand's super good side or Ishamael's super evil side. Not just Rand and Ishamael.

And of course I don't think it's going to happen myself, it's just to have a fun conversation about this. As others have been doing.. which was the point :P

Terez
01-29-2011, 03:45 AM
If you're talking about Team Four Star...yup, I've seen it, though I haven't been keeping up with it lately (my friend Hoda keeps telling me I should - I turned him on to it in the first place).

Rand al'Fain
01-29-2011, 04:23 AM
You should watch Spaceballs, great parody of a ton of different movies, all in one.

You watch that, I'll watch DBZ abridged.

Terez
01-29-2011, 10:02 AM
You mean there are people who haven't seen Spaceballs?

Juan
01-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Yeah the Team Four Star one. And yeah it's great.

Deal. I'll watch Spaceballs. I was meaning to anyway. I just need to remember to do it.

Rand al'Fain
01-31-2011, 02:01 AM
Yeah the Team Four Star one. And yeah it's great.

Deal. I'll watch Spaceballs. I was meaning to anyway. I just need to remember to do it.

Watched the Abridged series and it was a riot! Couldn't stop laughing! Enjoy Spaceballs.:)

Juan
02-03-2011, 02:17 AM
hahaha yeah it's great. And yes I've been super busy with certain things on my end of here, but as soon as I find the time to figure out how to get my hands on Spaceballs, I will watch it and I'll let you know how it goes.

GonzoTheGreat
02-03-2011, 05:05 AM
hahaha yeah it's great. And yes I've been super busy with certain things on my end of here, but as soon as I find the time to figure out how to get my hands on Spaceballs, I will watch it and I'll let you know how it goes.For that, we can simply watch it ourselves. :p