PDA

View Full Version : :o

Anaiya Sedai
02-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Shock, horror, I've managed to start reading a new book for the first time since ToM.

My local library bought tWoK for me :D
picked it up yesterday and had a quick read of the first 70 or so pages.

My first thought is that I am finding it surprisingly easy to read. I don't know if it is because I am familiar with the writing style, or what else it could be, but I usually find it difficult to get into new fantasy books if I've been reading WoT too much.
I tried and failed with aSoIaF, Malazan and some of Eddings - they are all sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be finished or used for fire material. :rolleyes: (I think I must have read the first hundred pages of gardens of the moon a good 5 or 6 times, and I always lose the will to live around that point..)

another thought is that I *think* I like the whole shardbearer thing. but I haven't seen enough of it yet.

there is something strangely familiar about the book so far, but I can't quite put my finger on that yet, either. maybe it's just little things like the terms darkeyes/lighteyes, stormfather etc. the prologue read a bit like a mix between Hobb's Farseer and WoT.

Is there an audiobook for this?
How much of my life is this book/series going to steal?
Would you like me to please STFU and finish reading the book before I open my mouth? :rolleyes:

Sarevok
02-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Would you like me to please STFU and finish reading the book before I open my mouth? :rolleyes:

Nope. Talk all you want, just tell us how far you got, so we can reply without spoiling the book for you. :)

Anaiya Sedai
02-21-2011, 04:41 AM
uh.. I haven't managed to read for a while, because I was busy taking raptor to the hospital to be glued back together, but I *think* the last thing I read was Kaladin's first trip with bridge 4. Shallan has just been told she won't be taken on as a ward because she sucks :D
I think that's it. not particularly far yet, but I have a lot of time from now on.

GonzoTheGreat
02-21-2011, 05:27 AM
there is something strangely familiar about the book so far, but I can't quite put my finger on that ...

uh.. I haven't managed to read for a while, because I was busy taking raptor to the hospital to be glued back together,...When it didn't work with your own, you put raptor's finger on it? :eek:

Queen of Malkier
04-26-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm 400 pages in, picked it up a few days ago, and it's KILLING ME INSIDE EVER SO SLOWLY that i can't yet read the other threads in this forum for fear of spoilers.

Sigh. but it's turning out to be a fantastic read so far. Like you, this is the first time in a while I've picked up a new series once I found WoT.

Anaiya Sedai
04-30-2011, 03:59 AM
I've only just managed to finish it now, having been pre-occupied..

Not much to say at the moment other than that I'm a little sad it's over and I'm going to have to wait an eternity for the next book.....