PDA

View Full Version : Dallas CONDFW X

Terez
03-18-2011, 03:28 AM
So, Brandon went to this con (http://www.condfw.org/) in Dallas, and some nice people from the tor.com re-read asked Brandon a few questions. For some reason the report is hidden on a secret Facebook page but they were kind enough to invite me. Thanks to James E. Jones for harassing Brandon.

Fiddler: How would you compare Murandy's forces to those of Tear?
Brandon: (Paraphrase) If Murandy had any significant forces, would they have needed to hire the Band?

Tektonica: Does Moridin know that Rand drew the True Power through their connection?
Brandon: (Paraphrase) It's always best to assume that Moridin knows a lot more than he's revealed.

There were also some RAFOs for other questions, but I'm not sure which. Nothing exciting, though (I looked through all their questions, but I dunno if he asked all of them). I'm going to footnote the Murandy quote with some pretty predictable arguments.

Weird Harold
03-18-2011, 03:59 AM
Fiddler: How would you compare Murandy's forces to those of Tear?
Brandon: (Paraphrase) If Murandy had any significant forces, would they have needed to hire the Band?

Boy, talk about misdirection!

Murandy didn't have a national/royal army when they band was hired to act as a stalking horse, but they did when the Band left Murandy. Somebody needs to ask a better question -- like, "Just how successful was Rhoedran at raising an army with the threat of the BotRH as a stalking horse?" or "Are Murandy's forces now larger or smaller than the Band?"

Terez
03-18-2011, 04:01 AM
Yeah, that was my predictable footnote:

I think it was a clever answer on Brandon's part, seeing as how Murandy's significant forces were the very reason why it was worth the gold to hire the Band in the first place. The Band is one of the best military groups in all of Randland, but it was a very real danger that Roedran would turn on them once those forces were united. Egwene expected it, and Talmanes planned for it, which turned out to be a good thing (though we will have to RAFO to see if it was good enough).
At first when I heard about the question (Brandon's, that is) I thought it was dumb. Then I realized it was actually pretty clever.