PDA

View Full Version : Verin's hand again?

Artur pendragon
04-02-2011, 01:49 AM
The woman pulled something out of her sleeve and proffered it to Rand. A small letter with a red seal "This is for you," she said. Her voice sounded tense, and her fingers trembled, though the tremble was so faint that most would have missed it. Siuan had learned to look for sign of emotion in Aes Sedai, however.
Al'Thor raised an eyebrow, then reached over and took it. "What is it?" "I promised to deliver it," Tiana said. "I would have said no, but I never thought you'd actually come to...I mean..." She cut herself off, closing her mouth. Then she withdrew into the crowd. Towers of Midnight Chapter 3 Amyrlin's Anger page 81

Not sure if anyone has noticed this before but I see verin's hand in this letter one more thread she wanted to make sure was tied. the resting place of the Horn perhaps:eek:? Thoughts

GonzoTheGreat
04-02-2011, 03:48 AM
It is undoubtedly a letter from Verin. I don't think it is about the Horn, though, as she is well aware that Mat is far more tied to that than Rand is.

maacaroni
04-02-2011, 09:13 AM
It was indeed Verin providing the location of Mattin Steppaneos, if you remember. He uses that logic to find King Roedran for Ituralde.

Has someone got the quote?

Weiramon
04-02-2011, 11:38 AM
There are stories, wild speculation really, that the Lord Dragon used the information to find Alsalam, in the Caralain Grass.

But the most reliable reports indicate this Verin Sedai was a Black Sister, and the letter was full of false accusations to drive a wedge between the Lord Dragon and his most loyal followers.

The Unreasoner
04-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Was the letter Galad had with him at his mother's wedding a Vein letter as well? Do we know what it said, or what came of it? Wild speculation, it contains info detailing the role of the Forsaken in Asunawa's madness, and their larger plan for the Children.

Heinz
04-08-2011, 02:32 PM
http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4652 for the discussion of Galad's letter.