PDA

View Full Version : Question for Emma

Terez
04-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Someone reported on Dragonmount that Harriet said in the Kaffeklatch that AMOL might be too big to fit in one book. Is that true? Was she just joking?

(I personally wouldn't mind if that happened, but I know you probably would.)

Isabel
04-22-2011, 12:25 AM
She hinted at that it would be a big book.I think that she said something that if aMoL would be something like 500.000 words it would have to be split.

She could be prepairing me for a small chance that it would be that big.

Terez
04-22-2011, 02:38 AM
Okay, cool. At least then we'll have something to throw at the people who are worried that the last book will be too rushed. Like, that they are at least open to the idea of splitting it if it comes to that.

GonzoTheGreat
04-22-2011, 04:57 AM
They'll probably split it in three. After all, the Wheel of Time series has a tradition of "at least three more books".

Terez
04-22-2011, 05:06 AM
You might also say there is a tradition of 'one more book', since we've been in that spot twice now already. And after the last book(s) there will be the outriggers, which would bring us back to 'three more books' (until, of course, Brandon discovers he has to split those too).

Fordan
04-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Wheel of Time as Zeno's paradox: You go half the distance to Tarmon Gai'don, then half the remaining distance, then half of that...

dominominic
04-22-2011, 11:52 AM
You might also say there is a tradition of 'one more book', since we've been in that spot twice now already. And after the last book(s) there will be the outriggers, which would bring us back to 'three more books' (until, of course, Brandon discovers he has to split those too).

Has Brandon confirmed he'll do outriggers?

Fordan
04-22-2011, 12:03 PM
If I remember correctly the answer this year was RAFO, which seems to imply there's something to eventually R.

Isabel
04-22-2011, 12:54 PM
No it doesn't imply they will be done...

Fordan
04-22-2011, 04:51 PM
The other times I've seen Brandon/Team Jordan asked about the outriggers, the answer has been an involved discussion about whether it's right for Brandon to write them and how they were leaning towards just completing the main series with Brandon and being done apart from the encyclopedia from Team Jordan. This year it was a RAFO. So maybe they just got tired of answering the question and went with the short-short answer of RAFO, but to me it seems like at least a slight shift in stance away from "probably not."

Not saying it's a good shift; I'm torn on whether I want to see outriggers written by Brandon. But it's a different answer than they've given in the past.

(Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Y'all follow this a lot more closely than I do; I'm going off my recollection from Jordancon last year, Dragoncon last year, and the NYC ToM signing)

Terez
04-22-2011, 05:36 PM
One thing I noticed was that there were two questions asked at the AMOL update panel, both of which made the assumption that they would NOT be written, but Harriet didn't follow through on that. They're no longer saying 'probably not'.

Isabel
04-23-2011, 01:52 AM
It also might mean they are going to put the notes in the Encyclopedia.

Jonai
04-23-2011, 03:09 AM
They should forget the outriggers and write a wot book everyone can sink their fangs into:

Asmodean: A harp forsaken.

sleepinghour
04-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Did Harriet say anything else about AMoL (or WoT in general)?

Terez
04-23-2011, 06:31 PM
From what I gather, the Kaffeklatches were not intended to be big exposÚs on the book, but rather just chats about whatever. Most people said that the Rigneys just told a lot of stories about RJ from their familiar perspective. Even the Team Jordan Kaffeklatch didn't get much into book info or plot detail.