PDA

View Full Version : ...and the three shall be one

niteshadow29
04-28-2011, 02:30 PM
I did a forum search on this and did not find this particular theory out there so I apologize if it is something that has been discussed before.

Everyone seems to assume this is addressing 3 individuals or 3 variations of the power. My problem with that is it says "He" not "They". This led me to think of what 3 things could be weilded by one individual unaided.

I have come to the conclusion that this is referencing time. As in past, present, and future. I know it may sound a little traditional but it would make sense if when he faced off against the DO he somehow found a way to stop time and what happened from that point would affect all 3 time periods. Just my take on the prophecy.

LewsTherin10
04-29-2011, 10:44 AM
I could also refer to the 3 "ages". This being the third age. The Heroes of the Horn(Birgitte) are from a previous age. Not sure if they're first or second. And then one more to complete the 3?

Rand al'Fain
04-29-2011, 12:01 PM
I could also refer to the 3 "ages". This being the third age. The Heroes of the Horn(Birgitte) are from a previous age. Not sure if they're first or second. And then one more to complete the 3?
Brigitte and Gaidal Cain at least have been born as recently as 100 years prior to the the current story, when they went to the Tower of Ghengi. So they have been reborn recently.

Weird Harold
04-29-2011, 12:21 PM
There are seven Ages to the WOT, not three.

GonzoTheGreat
04-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Thou shallt count to ...

Zombie Sammael
04-29-2011, 01:15 PM
This might be a good place to mention a slightly looney idea I had once, that in fact "The Third Age" referred to the Third Age since the AOL, the AOL actually being the Seventh and final age. The three ages thereafter ended with the Trolloc Wars, the War of the Hundred Years, and Tarmon Gai'don. I don't think it's that unrealistic, given that there have been three dating systems used since the Breaking, but it probably contradicts an author comment somewhere.