PDA

View Full Version : Moiraine's Last Wish

Edynol
04-29-2011, 08:19 PM
I have been thinking alot about what Moi's third wish from the Finns was. I know she got the angreal from Lanfearand the other one was not to die, I think. But what was the other one? I have a ideas what it might be, though some are more wishes than theories.

1. She wished herself free the oaths.

2. She wished for knowledge from the AoL, like the forbidden weaves, the true purpose of ter'angreal, etc. Like what if the Oath Rod can be used to counter the 13x13 ritual with a linked circle? Or if the one to make warder cloaks can be used to make power-rought weapons or armor?

3. She wished for knowledge of how to kill the DO.

4. Full understnding of the Prophecies, including the dark ones which no one else is supposed to know about.

That's all I can think of for now. Do yall have any ideas?

Jonai
04-29-2011, 08:53 PM
5. She wished for Jana to stop stalking her. True Story.

GonzoTheGreat
04-30-2011, 03:33 AM
1. Was what the *finn were doing: once she had entirely lost the ability to channel, she would have been free of the Three Oaths.
I don't think she would have asked for this, but the facts do not contradict it.

2,3 and 4 are not things which the *finns could have given her, I think. They are fairly awesome, but not omniscient.

Which, of course, leaves 5, so that has to be the correct answer.

Zombie Sammael
04-30-2011, 04:40 AM
I can't think of any reason why she would wish to be free of the Oaths.

I think in that situation "I wish Mat and Thom and that other guy would come rescue me" is a pretty good wish.

GonzoTheGreat
04-30-2011, 04:51 AM
I think in that situation "I wish Mat and Thom and that other guy would come rescue me" is a pretty good wish.Of course, considering how literal the *finns can be, "I wish Mat and Thom and that other guy would rescue me" would be an even better wish.

Edited to add: Then again, even "that other guy" is somewhat iffy, as Moiraine did not specify the gender or the species of the third person in her letter. So Mat could have taken a female gholam, if he had wanted to.

jana
04-30-2011, 05:51 AM
5. She wished for Jana to stop stalking her. True Story.

You are not supposed to talk about me here unless you inform me of it.

(I saw Moiraine's name and couldn't resist clicking :()

jana
04-30-2011, 05:54 AM
Moiraine did not specify the gender or the species of the third person in her letter.

"A man I do not know"

GonzoTheGreat
04-30-2011, 06:03 AM
"A man I do not know"All right, that ditches my "female gholam to the rescue" idea. A pity, that. Could Halima have been the one, though*?

* True, that one has a bit of an alibi, with (allegedly) being rather balefired.

Edynol
05-01-2011, 12:13 AM
Well Number 2 I think is well with in their power. If they can give Mat all the memories and knowledge of past lives, they can do the same for Moi with AS from those ages.

But for wishing for Mat and Co. would be beyond them because they can't directly affect the outside world. They can't make things happen or make people do things unless it's in their world. They way they threw Mat out on his second trip is probably the extent of their abilities to affect things on the outside.