PDA

View Full Version : Could Malkier rise again?

Rand al'Fain
04-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Would the country of Malkier be able to rise again after TG? And if so, would be back to where it was (if the Blight retreated), or in another place, like the Caralain Grass or something?

Not a theory or anything, but it is something I have wondered about.

enak101
05-01-2011, 02:37 AM
It's possible..... I guess.

If the light wins Nyneave and Lan can have 12 kids and then it slowly evolves to have lots of people. Seems a bit pointless though.

Elmindreada
05-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Well, it all depends on how Malkieri is defined.

Only the people who were alive to see Malkier? (Pretty short list nowadays). Only those who have worn the hadori/ki'sain? All those with Malkieri blood even if they are a part of other nations?

I think the gathering of Lan's "army" shows us there's the potential to re-create Malkier... if they don't all die, that is. But unless they all die at TG, I don't think we'll get to see that plot thread resolved.

jana
05-02-2011, 06:53 AM
If the light wins Nyneave and Lan can have 12 kids and then it slowly evolves to have lots of people

:confused:

Lan is not the last Malkieri. They don't have to populate the place themselves :p

Anyhow, ya. I can see the Blight receding a lot or being destroyed and Lan/Nynaeve rebuilding.

Lightning
05-06-2011, 12:58 AM
I've considered this question before and it seems to me that if the light wins TG there is no way that Lan and Nynaeve would just go away and do something else. Rebuilding Malkier is part of Lans vows and they would be as dedicated to rebuilding as they are to fighting the shadow.

As to who would live in Malkier, well war tends to displace a lot of people and it is entirely possible that people who have become homeless or those who are looking to improve their lives by owning and working pieces of land that is their own would go to Malkier. Kind of like the frontier full of possibilities for those who are willing to work hard. Also Malkier does have a certain romantic stigma to it especially for borderlanders and a lot of people would help the rebuilding because of that.

There is one more crazy possibility that I've considered but can't make up my mind about. What if some of the Aiel choose to populate Malkier? If the Aiel decide that they have atoned for their sins and no longer need to go back to the three fold land what better place for them to live than a country that no longer has a people? What other country would just accept and allow large numbers of Aiel to settle in it's lands? If they choose to go back to the way of leaf which is not just about doing no violence but also about serving (traditionally AS but that's not a set thing) they could very well choose to rebuild an entir country and see it as a noble cause that they can dedicate themselves to.

Rand al'Fain
05-06-2011, 02:55 AM
I've considered this question before and it seems to me that if the light wins TG there is no way that Lan and Nynaeve would just go away and do something else. Rebuilding Malkier is part of Lans vows and they would be as dedicated to rebuilding as they are to fighting the shadow.

As to who would live in Malkier, well war tends to displace a lot of people and it is entirely possible that people who have become homeless or those who are looking to improve their lives by owning and working pieces of land that is their own would go to Malkier. Kind of like the frontier full of possibilities for those who are willing to work hard. Also Malkier does have a certain romantic stigma to it especially for borderlanders and a lot of people would help the rebuilding because of that.

There is one more crazy possibility that I've considered but can't make up my mind about. What if some of the Aiel choose to populate Malkier? If the Aiel decide that they have atoned for their sins and no longer need to go back to the three fold land what better place for them to live than a country that no longer has a people? What other country would just accept and allow large numbers of Aiel to settle in it's lands? If they choose to go back to the way of leaf which is not just about doing no violence but also about serving (traditionally AS but that's not a set thing) they could very well choose to rebuild an entir country and see it as a noble cause that they can dedicate themselves to.
Not to mention most, if not all of the Aiel have a great amount of respect for Lan (Nynaeve too, maybe). And Lan respects them. So if Malkier does come again, I wouldn't be surprised if many of the Aiel move there. They can keep their fighting abilities up fighting shadowspawn, but also have a permanent home in land who's leader actually respects them.

FelixPax
05-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Would the country of Malkier be able to rise again after TG?

Answer: Yes.

How?

Answer: A lover's (1.) Memory (2.) Thought (3.) Dreams (4.) Mirror Worlds

What does all that have to do with Malkier?

The Dark One cannot touch Mirror Worlds.

Why do Mirror World matter?

The very same people who live in the 'True World', exist in multiple 'Mirror Worlds'.

So what, that have to do with Malkier and the Last Battle?

A True Dreamer can PULL "memories" using "thought" to re-create a whole safe world in a "mirror world". A True Dreamer can MOVE this whole safe world of individual from a 'Mirror World' to the 'True World'.

Example, Grolm were pulled from a Mirror World to the True World.
Example, Birgitte and her Silver Arrow were pulled from the TAR to the True World.

Q: Your crazy, that's never going to happen!?!

A: How many ADHD morons exist on Dragonmount!?!

Who have forgotten what the first sentence of the Wheel of Time was.

The palace still shook occasionally as the earth rumbled in memory, groaned as if it would deny what had happened.

Q: Will Malkier return to live again?

A: Yes, because Malkier remains alive in the heart, mind and memory of Nynaeve al"Meara.

Nynaeve al'Meara will and can heal death.

Special Bonus Question Trivia for HCFF's:

Who is the "Earth" represented by as a character in the Wheel of Time series? Symbolically?

Answer: To Be Announced...