PDA

View Full Version : Moridin Shaidar Haran

blackpunch
05-10-2011, 04:08 AM
I think its a possibility that these two baddies in some way are two sides of Ishmael. They appear approximatly at the same time in the story and they have never shown there ugly faces together.
I dont have a clue whats behind this but to me its obvius that Mor/Sha is the same.:eek:

Lightning
05-10-2011, 05:10 AM
I don't think that that is the case. I can't recall any Moridin POVs but from what I remember of Shaidar Harans POV he is very limited in his power and even free will. It sounds as if he is compelled or restricted in some significant ways and is keen to find a way ro free himself. Where as Moridin has no such limitations. He is the Na'blis and as such he has total and complete power over all things in the shadow.

Crispin's Crispian
05-10-2011, 12:18 PM
I don't think that that is the case. I can't recall any Moridin POVs but from what I remember of Shaidar Harans POV he is very limited in his power and even free will. It sounds as if he is compelled or restricted in some significant ways and is keen to find a way ro free himself. Where as Moridin has no such limitations. He is the Na'blis and as such he has total and complete power over all things in the shadow.

Shaidar Haran definitely has limitations on his power, but there's been no indication that he wants to free himself from the DO. Rather, freeing himself from those limitations would benefit the DO as well as Shaidar Haran.

That said, you're absolutely right. And further, there doesn't seem to be any plot reason for Moridin and Shaidar Haran to be the same person. Of course, we haven't really figured out the plot reason for Shaidar Haran, either, but still...