PDA

View Full Version : note on GW2Guru...

Light Ranger
05-18-2011, 12:25 PM
AVG (Anti-Virus Guard) is blocking access to GW2Guru, because it found some sort of program that can reveal your personal and/or financial records on your computer. It sucks, since literally all my news of GW2 comes from that site.

czymann
05-18-2011, 06:56 PM
I posted your message on their forums. Hopefully we can get this resolved. Which version of AVG are you using? Also when was the last time you could access those forums? And can you connect to their main page?

czymann
05-19-2011, 04:14 AM
AVG (Anti-Virus Guard) is blocking access to GW2Guru, because it found some sort of program that can reveal your personal and/or financial records on your computer. It sucks, since literally all my news of GW2 comes from that site.

Hey Light I posted your problem on the gw2guru forums and this is what a moderator Chalky said.

Thanks for the report Kityn.

I've submitted this to AVG as a false positive for them to investigate. We will have to keep an eye on the situation and if the problem is not resolved quickly, I'm sure the admins can contact AVG to find out more specific details as to why it believes the site is causing problems.

False positives like this happen from time to time, they tend to get resolved pretty quickly.

End Quote