PDA

View Full Version : Demandred-Too much information?

The Unreasoner
05-21-2011, 03:45 AM
A little joke for my physics buddy Res...

A question on all of our minds is "Where is Demandred?"
I think I have the answer.
As the Chosen most prone to anger, Demandred has some justification. Consistently coming up "short", he lost in politics, battle, love. But is this enough to explain his being more angry than even Mesaana? I think not. I recently dismissed a theory presented by the brilliant Felix, who claimed Demandred was searching for a sa'angreal, and that said search dominated his time.

In light of recent research connecting t.m.i to anger levels, I am forced to reconsider.

Demandred needs help. His anger is out of control. And so I feel Felix is correct: Demandred is searching, sa'angreal, pills, pumps, any enhancement. Anything to fix his inadequacy. And he is searching in the one place he can, to avoid notice:
Murandy

Zombie Sammael
05-21-2011, 05:18 AM
Honestly - you said my Mat joke was bad.

The Unreasoner
05-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Did I?

Zombie Sammael
05-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Well, actually you said it'd be funnier if it was about Tylin. Someone else said it was bad.

The Unreasoner
05-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Ha. I actually made no comment whatsoever on your joke. The Tylin bit came from someone else.

Rand al'Fain
05-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Yeah, the Tylin bit came from me, as it seemed more her character.

Zombie Sammael
05-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Well, obviously you're all a bunch of interchangeable talking heads to me. *jk*

The Unreasoner
05-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Has anyone seen what I am talking about?

The Unreasoner
05-22-2011, 12:55 PM
All jokes aside, maybe Demandred is somehow directly responsible for the bubbles of evil, some sort of balefire + Tel'aran'rhiod.

Would explain how we see him "all the time" when we have never actually "seen" him.

Rand al'Fain
05-22-2011, 02:00 PM
All jokes aside, maybe Demandred is somehow directly responsible for the bubbles of evil, some sort of balefire + Tel'aran'rhiod.

Would explain how we see him "all the time" when we have never actually "seen" him.

Not Balefire and TAR, look at Rand's battle with Rahvin, had no effect on the waking world, and the effects in TAR were temporary.

Marie Curie 7
05-22-2011, 02:32 PM

The bubbles of evil started long before Demandred was 'asked' to use balefire by the Dark One in the LOC prologue.

The Unreasoner
05-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I appreciate the quick and accurate responses. Though the balefire was just an example, a hypothetical. Some sort of reality destroying weave. Even Tel'aran'rhiod is interchangeable. Although I always thought of Demandred as a skilled dreamwalker, maybe even a dreamer. Maybe even just imposing madness, then bridging a la the Horn of Valere. For the timing, maybe he is responsible for just exacerbation. And while I still think he is playing at least a small role in the Legion, he may be the person making sure "some of Ishamael's commands are still be carried out".

nameless
05-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Ishamael subjected dozens of his agents to compulsion at the beginning of The Great Hunt, which is why his commands kept being carried out even after he left the stage.

The Unreasoner
05-22-2011, 04:07 PM
While I agree that the compulsions explain many of the actions, I still wonder who was behind the murders of Carridin's family.

Rand al'Fain
05-22-2011, 04:18 PM
While I agree that the compulsions explain many of the actions, I still wonder who was behind the murders of Carridin's family.

Mr. Fade!:D

But I have to feel sorry for his family (who probably were not DFs for all we know) since they were killed slowly and horribly because of him.

Zombie Sammael
05-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Balefire on a larger scale has the effect of causing a "Balescream", a rippling effect across the pattern, as shown in TGS and TOM. If Demandred is off Balefiring the Sharans (for example) it's conceivable there could be other longer term effects.

Rand al'Fain
05-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Balefire on a larger scale has the effect of causing a "Balescream", a rippling effect across the pattern, as shown in TGS and TOM. If Demandred is off Balefiring the Sharans (for example) it's conceivable there could be other longer term effects.
Well, considering the power of the blast and the age of the structure along with hundreds of people inside it, of course there'll be a massive "Balescream."

But Demandred would more likely send his own hoardes of trollocs into Shara, rather than hunt down each and ever village and the whatnot.

The Unreasoner
05-22-2011, 07:42 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of yanking someone into Tel'aran'rhiod and balefiring, something like a butterfly effect. Targeting specific threads could unravel enough to rip apart a small portion, the the DO or even Demandred himself could fill the gap with bubbles of evil. Staying in Tel'aran'rhiod with a firm view of himself might protect him from potential repurcussions.

But sure, killing a bunch of Sharans with Trollocs works too