PDA

View Full Version : So who's gonna turn/revealed as Darkfriend in AMoL?

neurotopia
06-02-2011, 10:00 PM
I've got my money on Perrin. There's been just too many "anything to save Faile" moments for it not to be foreshadowing. She gets offed, he makes a deal with the Lord of the Grave.

I know it probably won't happen, but I've got a tickle in my mind about Moiraine. Mostly because of how things are phrased with her. Rarely does she talk about Rand winning the Last Battle, but merely "seeing him to it". Seems to be the BA way of thinking. However I'm not finding much else in the way of motivation for her.

Terez
06-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Are you reading the same books as we are?

Rand al'Fain
06-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Are you reading the same books as we are?

Maybe he's reading an alternate series?

sandoz12
06-03-2011, 12:19 AM
I've got my money on Perrin. There's been just too many "anything to save Faile" moments for it not to be foreshadowing. She gets offed, he makes a deal with the Lord of the Grave.
That would actually be a really cool twist but I can't see it happening somehow.

I know it probably won't happen, but I've got a tickle in my mind about Moiraine. Mostly because of how things are phrased with her. Rarely does she talk about Rand winning the Last Battle, but merely "seeing him to it". Seems to be the BA way of thinking. However I'm not finding much else in the way of motivation for her.
Not a chance imo.

BTW whatever you are on, are you willing to share it? Cause that must be some good shit.

sandoz12
06-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Maybe he's reading an alternate series?
I actually think an alternate series written from the perspective of the Great Lord and his Chosen as they try to rid the world of all dharma and suffering allowing all creatures on Randland to achieve a permanent state of nirvana.

But of course they have their battles with the Creator, and his personal servant The Dragon, as they foolishly grasp at existence and attempt to continue their existence, to scared to face death, opposing the Great Lord in his attempts to bring freedom to all.

This would also explain why Ishamael, the greatest philosopher, saw the error of his ways and chose the correct side.

I think that would be a really cool story if well written so that you really felt the Great Lord and his Chosen were pure in their beliefs and efforts to eradicate suffering.

sandoz12
06-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Realised I got so carried away that I forgot to answer the main point of the thread.

I have no firm ideas as to who will be revealed as dark. But I am betting on at least one Wise Woman and Clan Chief. We have so far only seen one darkfriend Aiel in the series and there have to be more of them - some in positions of authority.

Anon
06-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Yes, there probably will be some more Darkfriend Aiel. Probably thinking along the lines of more battles to fight, more people to kill etc...but hopefully the way they're revealed isn't Rand's 'I look at you. You are Darkfriend!'

Kimon
06-03-2011, 01:30 AM
Yes, there probably will be some more Darkfriend Aiel. Probably thinking along the lines of more battles to fight, more people to kill etc...but hopefully the way they're revealed isn't Rand's 'I look at you. You are Darkfriend!'

There has been quite a bit of speculation surrounding Bair and Sorilea, mostly following their witnessing of the hiding place of the e've which was subsequently used by Semirhage on Rand.

sandoz12
06-03-2011, 01:38 AM
There has been quite a bit of speculation surrounding Bair and Sorilea, mostly following their witnessing of the hiding place of the e've which was subsequently used by Semirhage on Rand.

Yeah there was that plus wasn't there a suggestion that Rand's imminent attack on Rahvin was leaked. And one of the two was a prime suspect for the leak? I'm going purely off memory here so I could well be mistaken.

sandoz12
06-03-2011, 01:44 AM

I don't think they will be revealed that way. I think that only happened because Rand got a letter from Verin informing him. Because as far as we know Nalaene is black and still with Rand's group. I don't believe for a second that he can tell a darkfriend just by looking at them - I think he just wanted to give people that impression.

But I agree that hopefully there is an epic scene where we find out that a high-ranking Aiel is a darkfriend.

Zombie Sammael
06-03-2011, 04:57 AM
. I don't believe for a second that he can tell a darkfriend just by looking at them - I think he just wanted to give people that impression.

There is foreshadowing of Rand's ability to do just that as early as The Shadow Rising.

missbee
06-03-2011, 05:10 AM
I'll go with Lord Edorion of House Selorna.
No proof, just circumstantial evidence.
He's the first to find Rand outside Cairhien in TFOH, he catches on faster, notices things others miss and seems to ask a lot questions.
And then there's this supremely ironic line (LOC ch 5 - Edorion has noticed signs that the Band may be moving soon from Maerone and asks Mat about it)
"We'll move when we move" Mat told him. "No need to let Sammael know we're coming." Endorion gave him a level look. This Tairen was no dunce.”

sandoz12
06-03-2011, 06:04 AM
There is foreshadowing of Rand's ability to do just that as early as The Shadow Rising.

So you think he can tell who is a darkfriend just by looking? So Naleane has just been keeping out of sight then? And so you would be willing to bet that no one else who was there in Tear was a darkfriend? That none of the WT guards are darkfriends?

You may be right, but I hope not as it will make it pretty boring if he can just look at someone and know they are a darkfriend.

Not all foreshadowing has to come true otherwise there is no subtlety or fun to it, if it's just a matter of reading something and then knowing that it will happen later on. I think a lot of things have been said throughout the book and some of them are foreshadowing, some are red herrings and some are just statements. When you get multiple cases suggesting the same thing then you have a strong cause to believe it is foreshadowing some future event.

Zombie Sammael
06-03-2011, 06:32 AM
So you think he can tell who is a darkfriend just by looking? So Naleane has just been keeping out of sight then? And so you would be willing to bet that no one else who was there in Tear was a darkfriend? That none of the WT guards are darkfriends?

You may be right, but I hope not as it will make it pretty boring if he can just look at someone and know they are a darkfriend.

Not all foreshadowing has to come true otherwise there is no subtlety or fun to it, if it's just a matter of reading something and then knowing that it will happen later on. I think a lot of things have been said throughout the book and some of them are foreshadowing, some are red herrings and some are just statements. When you get multiple cases suggesting the same thing then you have a strong cause to believe it is foreshadowing some future event.

"His Eyes," Rand said without looking away from the wagons. "A dangerous man."

Mat frowned at him. "Whose eyes? Couladin's?"

"Kadere's eyes. All that sweating, going white in the face. Yet his eyes never changed. You always have to watch the eyes. Not what he seems."

Kadere was a darkfriend; working for Lanfear and Asmodean. It's worth pointing out that this is the point in the story where Rand is at his most distant. He is still trying to work out what to do, and has not yet learned to channel properly or started hearing Lews Therin in his head. He does however appear to be more worldly wise than a man of his years and experiences ought to be.

Even if Rand cannot "sense" a darkfriend directly as a result of looking into their eyes, he clearly has some ability to "read" a lot about a person by looking into their eyes. He does it here and he does it in TOM.

On top of that, eyes are important throughout the series; consider Mat giving up "half the light of the world to save the world" - he gives up an eye. Eyes are associated with the light and with the soul.

So no, Rand cannot sense a DF "just by looking at them". However, I believe and have some evidence backing up my assertion that he can detect darkfriends by looking into their eyes.

Davian93
06-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Are we forgetting that its not so much taht Rand can "see" darkfriends but rather that Darkfriends can't look directly at him without wincing at this point. We saw that at both Tear and Maradon. Its not Rand magically reading their souls, its their inability to meet his eyes that he picked up on and the Maradon guy ripping his own eyes out.

Zombie Sammael
06-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Are we forgetting that its not so much taht Rand can "see" darkfriends but rather that Darkfriends can't look directly at him without wincing at this point. We saw that at both Tear and Maradon. Its not Rand magically reading their souls, its their inability to meet his eyes that he picked up on and the Maradon guy ripping his own eyes out.

Rand was still able to pick up on there being something off about Kadere, even if he wasn't sure it was Darkfriendliness. At that point, it may even have been purely to do with him not having tested it 100% and worked out that it was always DFs who he got "dangerous" from.

Regardless, it is all to do with the eyes - Rand's eyes, a Darkfriend's eyes, Ishamael's eyes of flame. If you're a DF and you can't look Rand in the eye, why do you think that is?

GonzoTheGreat
06-03-2011, 10:31 AM
At the time, Rand was also trying to figure out who Asmodean and Lanfear were. He knew that Kadere and his fellows had been sent there by two Forsaken, he knew that those two Forsaken were part of the group. So being suspicious of one of the leaders of the group was not unreasonable. Trying to make Mat a bit suspicious of such a person (without giving away that he'd been conspiring with an ex-girlfriend to hire a Forsaken teacher) is also sensible.

Zombie Sammael
06-03-2011, 11:33 AM
At the time, Rand was also trying to figure out who Asmodean and Lanfear were. He knew that Kadere and his fellows had been sent there by two Forsaken, he knew that those two Forsaken were part of the group. So being suspicious of one of the leaders of the group was not unreasonable. Trying to make Mat a bit suspicious of such a person (without giving away that he'd been conspiring with an ex-girlfriend to hire a Forsaken teacher) is also sensible.

I wouldn't call the conversation with Lanfear at the start of TSR "conspiring". He dismissed the idea out of hand - openly, at least.

Weiramon
06-03-2011, 11:38 AM
I don't think they will be revealed that way. I think that only happened because Rand got a letter from Verin informing him. Because as far as we know Nalaene is black and still with Rand's group. I don't believe for a second that he can tell a darkfriend just by looking at them - I think he just wanted to give people that impression.

Burn my eyes, it's as clear as day that after getting some letter from Verin Sedai, the Lord Dragon somehow got the idea to place people he could trust high among the followers of the Shadow.

It would not be a surprise to hear he staged a very public exiling of one or two of his most trusted servants, to send them on such an important tssk. Rumour has it that his quarrel with that clumsy blacksmith from the Two Rivers was just such a ploy.

Terez
06-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Rand was still able to pick up on there being something off about Kadere, even if he wasn't sure it was Darkfriendliness.
Yet he was totally clueless about Elza...and of course, he was clueless about Weiramon until Verin tipped him off.

Davian93
06-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Yet he was totally clueless about Elza...and of course, he was clueless about Weiramon until Verin tipped him off.

Not just clueless, he actually thought he was just a dumb bumbling but loyal follower. So if anything, he was worse than merely clueless.

Terez
06-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Not just clueless, he actually thought he was just a dumb bumbling but loyal follower. So if anything, he was worse than merely clueless.
Indeed. TPOD is a great read.

Southpaw2012
06-03-2011, 05:30 PM
hmm well if Sorilea turns out to be a darkfriend maybe we'll see a showdown between her and Cadsuane

Terez
06-03-2011, 05:35 PM
I sure as hell hope so. That would be awesome! Also, Min agrees:

"Be quiet!" Cadsuane roared, slapping her hands together in a thundercrack. "You, girl. He needs his bed. Hop!" Nandera hopped. Rand was stripped and in his bed in a twinkling, with Samitsu and Niande both hovering over him, the Cairhienin chased out and Nandera at the door repeating Cadsuane’s instructions that he was not to be disturbed by anyone, all so fast Min felt dizzy. She hoped one day to see the confrontation between Cadsuane and the Wise One Sorilea; it had to come, and it would be memorable.

Southpaw2012
06-03-2011, 06:00 PM
I hope so as well. Maybe she saw a secret vision above Sorilea of an old lady getting rained down upon with lightning bolts.

Zombie Sammael
06-05-2011, 08:42 AM

If what Rand was sensing was more a sense of vague unease, and he has since learned to clarify that into Darkfriendliness, then he may simply have attributed any unease about Elza to the same unease he has always felt around all Aes Sedai, not just Darkfriends. Also, note that Rand has to examine the eyes in order to work out someone is a DF - I don't think there's any evidence of him specifically having a staring match with Elza, but there is of both Kadere and Weiramon.

GonzoTheGreat
06-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Surely the DO knows about this ability of his ancient enemy the Dragon. So why isn't there a special chapter of Blind Friends of the Dark?

Zombie Sammael
06-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Surely the DO knows about this ability of his ancient enemy the Dragon. So why isn't there a special chapter of Blind Friends of the Dark?

Not necessarily, any more than Rand knows the specific abilities and costs associated with the True Power, or the Trolloc language, or how Shaidar Haran works. Also, there kinda is - the Grey Men. Except instead of blinding them, he takes away their souls. They can still see, but look as hard as you like, you won't see anything.

I repeat, this isn't a specific thing to do with Rand, it's a general motif present throughout the whole series, though not heavily touched upon. Where it is touched on it's always significant though - I refer again to my earlier example of Mat.

It might not even be a Dragon-specific superpower, but something like the hot and cold trick that all channelers could do if they tried. Or it may be an expression of his ability to sense the presence of people. But I say it's definitely there, and if you look back through the books, you'll see one or two other examples of it outside TOM.

GonzoTheGreat
06-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Like Rand noticing the Grey Man before Lanfear did, in TSR. And him noticing another Grey Man who Taim then got to kill. And him noticing (though not counting) the Grey Man with the female DF and her band in TDR.

Then again, sniffing out Grey Men is something Perrin can also do.

Zombie Sammael
06-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Like Rand noticing the Grey Man before Lanfear did, in TSR. And him noticing another Grey Man who Taim then got to kill. And him noticing (though not counting) the Grey Man with the female DF and her band in TDR.

Then again, sniffing out Grey Men is something Perrin can also do.

And is probably tied to his ability to sense people in general.

Question: even if you disagree that Rand can identify Darkfriends by looking into their eyes, would you still accept that there is a running eyes/light/soul identification motif throughout the series?

The Unreasoner
06-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Clearly DF can be told on sight, Fain has shown the ability. There must be signs, not necessarily physical, that can be picked up. Fain's ability goes beyond Aes Sedai's ability to sense DF deep in the shadow. Why would the wheel deny the Dragon a similar talent.

And Sorilea isn't a DF. She feeds those suckers to the ravens.

Toss the dice
06-12-2011, 04:44 AM
I also think that Edorion has a relatively good chance of being a Darkfriend, considering some of his dialogues and the fact that he's smart.

Many books ago, I figured there was a chance Talmanes was a DF. At this point however, I simply don't see any chance of him being one. He has done so many things that all but rule him out it's a pretty safe bet he's not one. Besides, IMO Talmanes being a DF would be bad for the story. He has a great role, with perfect chemistry with both Mat and the Band, that it would suck if he was was a DF.

I could see Edesina as being Black. Both Teslyn and Joline don't fit the Black mold, due to their respective flaws and relationships with Mat and Tuon. Edesina is more the "average" sister and relatively quiet. With sisters, those that pretty much meet the standard Aes Sedai with nothing remarkable about them tend to be the best candidates for the BA.

The current Mistress of the Ships could very well be a Darkfriend. Maybe that's how what's her name gets the title.

The most painful character to be revealed as a Darkfriend IMO would be Thom. (besides possibly Moiraine). The chances that either one of these two being a Darfriend would probably be that they WERE one at one time, before their loyalties and priorities changed. Even though they are technically still of the Shadow, they have put that life behind them in practice. Even then, I count it nearly impossible that either could be a Darkfriend (or BA), I just don't see it. Would be a painful revelation though.

I personally think there will be very few Darkfriends outed in AMoL, regarding characters that were previously unknown to be such. There are SO many things to wrap up in AMoL it is simply ridiculous. Obviously, not everything (or even most things) WILL get wrapped up, but there are tons of things that are seemingly almost required to be wrapped up, so many so that I very nearly count it impossible to both wrap up the "main" things and have an excellent story at the same time. The list is immense, and even taking out each and every non-MANDATORY subject, the list is still extremely long.

Considering the above, I would find it good policy to out say Sorilea and/or Bair as Darkfriends, and possibly one more semi-main character. That way we could have Darkfriends outed in AMoL but it could be kept to a minimum in terms of wordcount.

Rand al'Fain
06-12-2011, 07:58 AM
@Toss the dice;
I suggest you read "New Spring" before thinking that Moiraine is a DF. Should help a few things.

GonzoTheGreat
06-12-2011, 09:15 AM
@Toss the dice;
I suggest you read "New Spring" before thinking that Moiraine is a DF. Should help a few things.People change.

Rand al'Fain
06-12-2011, 11:13 AM
People change.
Exccept that in Moiraine's POVs, she gives NOTHING to hint at being a DF. And in every scene is shown that she goes out of her way (has done so since the begining) to find and guide the Dragon Reborn.

jana
06-12-2011, 11:56 AM
she goes out of her way to find and guide the Dragon Reborn.

Ya, so he can reach the Last Battle and be defeated by the Dark One. Duh.

I bet she even wears black smallclothes.

Zombie Sammael
06-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Ya, so he can reach the Last Battle and be defeated by the Dark One. Duh.

I bet she even wears black smallclothes.

Rand, Mat, and Perrin would all know by now if she did.

jana
06-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Rand, Mat, and Perrin would all know by now if she did.

No they wouldn't. They've only seen her naked and fully-clothed. Nothing in between.

(Which reminds me, I've been informed on several occasions that I used to run around naked in the house all of the time but I was mortified if anyone ever saw me in my underwear. So Moiraine is normal in this regard, IMO. She probably has the dragon fang embroidered on the back of all of her smallclothes, so that's even more reason to hide them).

FelixPax
06-12-2011, 04:14 PM
I also think that Edorion has a relatively good chance of being a Darkfriend, considering some of his dialogues and the fact that he's smart.

Why do you think Edorian is a Darkfriend? Can you provide a text quote, to attempt to show us why?

Many books ago, I figured there was a chance Talmanes was a DF. At this point however, I simply don't see any chance of him being one.

Talmanes is far more likely to die in progress of killing four or five darkfriends, or "marry" Elayne. ;)

Can't say I ever suspected Talmanes was a Darkfriend, though. He seems to be one of the old blood, a husband of a previous Queen of Andor actually.

The current Mistress of the Ships could very well be a Darkfriend. Maybe that's how what's her name gets the title.

Very unlikely, Zaida is a darkfriend considering "how" she reacted to Taim surprising Elayne earlier.

Zaida's "Master of the Blades" is in an IDEAL position to be a Darkfriend, who is ultimately loyal to Ishamael/Moridin. Why? Because when war is declared it's the Master of the Blades who is in charge, not the Mistress of Ships. Just as Mat Cauthon's old memories claimed, when confronting Renaile (Windfinder to the Mistress of Ship) to reach a 'Bargain' with her.

Separately, who else might Ishamael really desire to spend time speaking to among the Sea Folk (men) during Bors' point of view in a Prologue?

A slender fellow—slender even in a floor-dragging black robe and an anonymous gray cloak caught with a plain silver pin—watched from the shadows of his deep cowl. He could be anyone, from anywhere . . . except for the six-pointed star tattooed on the web between thumb and forefinger of his right hand. One of the Sea Folk then, and a look at his left hand would show the marks of his clan and line. The man who called himself Bors did not bother to try.

The Great Hunt, Prologue "In the Shadow" -- Bors point of view, a White Cloak

Toss the dice
06-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Exccept that in Moiraine's POVs, she gives NOTHING to hint at being a DF. And in every scene is shown that she goes out of her way (has done so since the begining) to find and guide the Dragon Reborn.

Why don't you scroll up and read my post again. I pretty much count Moiraine as the LEAST likely to show herself as Darkfriend (or like I said, rather WAS one once so technically still is). I only included her because I put her in the same boat as Thom when I was talking about him. The topic of that section was basically to tell you which characters would hurt the most if they were revealed, from my perspective. And yet, you turn that around and tell me I'm a fool for thinking she could be one.

Now for something mostly unrelated considering the context. Way back in the day, many people along with myself DID consider that Moiraine had a CHANCE of being a Darkfriend. There were multiple things she did (or said) that were a little mysterious and open to rampant speculation. One of these is when she took off to visit Vandene and Adeleas in their home.

Very early on in the series, Verin was mysterious several times as well, an example for her was leaving Tomas behind and suddenly meeting up with the Shienarans and Mat and Perrin in the middle of nowhere. Verin turned out to be Black, even though she only was technically. Both Moiraine and Verin displayed very similar mysterious occurences early on. Back then, Verin wasn't nearly as suspicious as she became later on. And remember, this was before New Spring came out, so we didn't have that book to see Moiraine then. And if you want to throw this discussion in another direction, back to New Spring, I don't remember any POV Moiraine had where it absolutely ruled her out being a DF. It was more along the lines of massive evidence, rather than hard proof. Similar to what we have gotten in the regular series for her, up past ToM.

The very idea that Moiraine is a DF is ludicrous, but I still believe it is *possible*, as a technicality similar to Verin. A 0.0001% chance is still *possible*, however unlikely.

jana
06-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Why do you think Edorian is a Darkfriend? Can you provide a text quote, to attempt to show us why?

This is hilarious coming from you. Why don't you come up with a quote for him using your usual method? In my mind this is what happens:

1. Lay all of the books in a line on the floor.
2. Place a fan on the floor at the end of the row of books.
3. Turn on the fan so the pages turn to random places.
4. Blindfold yourself.
5. Spin around until you're dizzy.
6. Step on the row of books.
7. Wherever your right big toe lands is the quote to prove your theory.

neurotopia
06-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Regardless, I hear that's the best way to get out of Finnland.

Daekyras
06-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Characters likely to be revealed as Darkfriends:

Rhuarc and Berelain.

Rand al'Fain
06-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Characters likely to be revealed as Darkfriends:

Rhuarc and Berelain.

Berelain has always been political in her motives, but never DF motivated, and though it would be a blow to the light, I just don't think it would be her.

Rhuarc, always been that straight up father figure to both Berelain and Rand. Not to mention he is highly respected by the other Aiel. I don't see it either, but that would be a HUGE blow to the Light.

Davian93
06-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Berelain has always been political in her motives, but never DF motivated, and though it would be a blow to the light, I just don't think it would be her.

Rhuarc, always been that straight up father figure to both Berelain and Rand. Not to mention he is highly respected by the other Aiel. I don't see it either, but that would be a HUGE blow to the Light.

Rhuarc is the ultimate sleeper agent...it'd also be pretty funny if Amys was also a Darkfriend.

Daekyras
06-16-2011, 06:12 AM
Rhuarc is the ultimate sleeper agent...it'd also be pretty funny if Amys was also a Darkfriend.

Thats almost asking to get some Egwene bashing...

final death
02-15-2012, 11:25 PM
I think that Egwene might go dark once she finds that she failed in her dealings with rand causing the WT to lose all its support. Perhaps she has been compelled so if certain things happen she will try to murder rand.:eek:

eht slat meit
02-16-2012, 01:38 AM
I'm down for Sorilea and maybe one other smartfriend turning cloak, but I'm guessing most of the chaos will come from Compulsion victims. Betting on FoM for the big throwdown with traitor reveals and the like. Borderlanders get their last Hoorah when Bashere's compulsion takes over, Gawyn is forced to throttle a compelled Egwene, and then a number of other compelled and lighties get chopped to bits when he goes Suicide Mode, and so on.

General chaos, whee!

And then Demandred unleashes his armies ferreals.

Landro
02-16-2012, 01:45 AM
I can see Sorilea as being a DF but a showdown between her and Cads would be about 1 line of text. Sorilea can barely light a candle with the power and Cads still has her paralysis net.

I could also see Davram Bashere being a DF. There have been many hints about the broken crown but Bashere and Tenobia are in the way. Tenobia would probably get herself killed in some Elayne-inprired mad charge which leaves Bashere to be taken care of. I remember Min saying something about a darkness around him.
And there's something...dark...in the images I saw around Lord Davram.

eht slat meit
02-16-2012, 02:53 AM
I can see Sorilea as being a DF but a showdown between her and Cads would be about 1 line of text. Sorilea can barely light a candle with the power and Cads still has her paralysis net.

Psht, Sorilea's way too cool and way too smart for that. She's the mountain behind the Wise Ones, and she's not going to get in that kind of pushing match like some little spear-maiden! :)

[quotepI could also see Davram Bashere being a DF. There have been many hints about the broken crown but Bashere and Tenobia are in the way. Tenobia would probably get herself killed in some Elayne-inprired mad charge which leaves Bashere to be taken care of. I remember Min saying something about a darkness around him.[/QUOTE]

Eh, don't really see him being DF so much as a compulsion victim... plenty of opportunities for that, while being a darkfriend would have gotten him in trouble when Rand's light-power manifested at Maradon.

That would explain a couple of things nicely - Bashere finally acts on his compulsion, setting the Borderlanders against each other, killing a couple of his fellow leaders before Tenobia guts him with her spear and is slain in the chaos shortly thereafter.

I can see it now. Mmmm, chaos. Nom nom.

Ishara
02-16-2012, 08:36 AM
I could also see Davram Bashere being a DF. There have been many hints about the broken crown but Bashere and Tenobia are in the way. Tenobia would probably get herself killed in some Elayne-inprired mad charge which leaves Bashere to be taken care of. I remember Min saying something about a darkness around him.

Landro, I'm NOT making fun of you, promise, but that was a full on spit take. LOL I think the word you're looking for is "paralis-net." (http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/)

Weiramon
02-16-2012, 12:44 PM

Aye, it's quite telling that, among the Lord Dragon's company, only Bashere and this Ablar fellow arouse the young trollop's suspicion.

Zaela Sedai
02-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Landro, I'm NOT making fun of you, promise, but that was a full on spit take. LOL I think the word you're looking for is "paralis-net." (http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/)

Pshhh... yes you are, and it's ok cause it was effin hilarious

1eyedfool
02-17-2012, 04:33 PM
1) Sorilea. Been discussed enough, Im sold. More top-rank Aiel? Maybe. Not Rhuarc, but some CC will do. Some Maidens?

2) Some Seanchan general. Yulan is my first, as he'the inspirer of the attack on the WT.

3) Windfinders - agree with FelixPax on this, it must be the Master of Blades.

4) Jarid Sarand - he'll be in the Prologue of AMoL.

5) Laras. :eek: As a former DF, I mean, turned back to the Light. She has 'a shocking past' and Verin calls her 'most definitely not a DF'. In that case you can say it. My guess entirely: she was a high-ranking DF, caught by Cadsuane, repented and turned to the Light, then hidden by Cads to the WT to save her from the gallows. We'll probably never know, as this smells of unresolved thread.

missbee
02-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Ok, you can all laugh at me for this one, but I'm putting Enalia up for consideration.

She's introduced together with Melidhra (TFOH 3) in a chapter called 'Pale Shadows'.
There are various remarks on how she takes more guard duty than others.
She's fails to guard Rand when he is attacked on his way to Cairhien (along with other Maidens)
Rand manages a surprise attack on Illian the one time Min decides to cover his absence in ACOS (Enalia was on duty)
I think Min's viewing of 'a wreath of some sort' could be her 'marriage' wreath to the DO