PDA

View Full Version : Shayol Ghul Gazette

Spidy
06-08-2011, 05:39 AM
"Simply put is simply said."

If we get 25 responses to this thread, then Uno will release the pre-last book Gazette's on a pre-determined and also an ad-hoc schedule, currently held under wraps by Narg sitting on them.

If we do not get 25 responses, then the Shayol Ghul Gazette is dead forever.

If you knew Alanna was a Darkfriend, then put that in the response also.

If you don't want anymore Gazette's feel free to tell us.

GonzoTheGreat
06-08-2011, 05:51 AM
If you don't want anymore Gazette's feel free to tell us.If enough people do so, the Gazette will be continued.

Sarevok
06-08-2011, 07:36 AM
*waits for next gazette*

WinespringBrother
06-08-2011, 01:05 PM
does the first post count as a reply? :D

Sarevok
06-08-2011, 01:28 PM
does the first post count as a reply? :D

I think it does. :cool:

Terez
06-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Well, of course we want it. Though I admit we are usually speechless when it comes to commenting on your lovely brainweeds.

ShadowbaneX
06-09-2011, 11:57 AM
yarrr, make with the posting!

Anon
06-10-2011, 04:01 AM
On with the Gazette!

yks 6nnetu hing
06-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Gazette!

I suppose that pretty much says it all :)

Crispin's Crispian
06-10-2011, 02:54 PM
What is this Gazette you speak of? Is it some kind of scarf?

yks 6nnetu hing
06-10-2011, 05:25 PM
does it have to be from 25 different posters or is 25 replies enough?

GonzoTheGreat
06-11-2011, 03:31 AM
does it have to be from 25 different posters or is 25 replies enough?To put that into more literary terms: to spam or not to spam, that is the question.

Uno
06-11-2011, 03:59 AM
That's thirtheen, because I, Uno, always count twice.

GonzoTheGreat
06-11-2011, 04:19 AM
That's thirtheen, because I, Uno, always count twice.Shouldn't make a difference, though, should it?
I mean, counting the same posts once again should give the same total. Assuming that you can count past ten, at least. Maybe you should've taken your shoes off?

It is possible, theoretically, that you meant that you count for two. For now, I will assume that you meant what you said, though.

Uno
06-11-2011, 04:22 AM
Shouldn't make a difference, though, should it?
I mean, counting the same posts once again should give the same total. Assuming that you can count past ten, at least. Maybe you should've taken your shoes off?

It is possible, theoretically, that you meant that you count for two. For now, I will assume that you meant what you said, though.

Gonzo doesn't count, because he thinks he's funny, but he's not. Someone ought to tell him that.

Zombie Sammael
06-11-2011, 06:04 AM
I want it. And I should count for Zombie Sammael AND Gnat. And Blaise. Oh, sod it. Just call us Legion.

Marie Curie 7
06-11-2011, 08:23 PM
I've been wondering why information about the Gazette is being posted in the "Your Fiction" section of the forum.

I mean, the Gazette isn't fiction is it? I always thought it was REAL HONEST-TO-GOODNESS NEWS. You know, like "all the news about Shayol Ghul that's fit to print".

Uno
06-11-2011, 08:49 PM
I mean, the Gazette isn't fiction is it? I always thought it was REAL HONEST-TO-GOODNESS NEWS. You know, like "all the news about Shayol Ghul that's fit to print".

Of course it is. We follow the best traditions of journalism in making things up as we go along.

Terez
06-13-2011, 04:16 AM
I think the Gazette should be posted on General. I know we've had a policy in the past about keeping things serious there, but I think it makes more sense to keep all of the WoT stuff in one place with the exception of actual fanfic. That's not to say we should encourage random threads started for inane questions, etc., but I think the Gazette is thread-worthy there.

Isabel
06-13-2011, 12:38 PM
I also want the Gazette :)

Crispin's Crispian
06-13-2011, 05:49 PM
I want it. And I should count for Zombie Sammael AND Gnat. And Blaise. Oh, sod it. Just call us Legion.

Wait what? Gnat? Gnat? Really?

Terez
06-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Don't get all sentimental now.

Marie Curie 7
06-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Of course it is. We follow the best traditions of journalism in making things up as we go along.

Well, that's good to know. :) With that in mind, now is the time when news from Shayol Ghul is probably most important. You know, Last Battle approaching and all that. Seems like it would be a useful thing to have (news from Shayol Ghul, that is).

Khoram
06-14-2011, 09:00 PM
I would most definitely want to see the Gazette up and running!

Crispin's Crispian
06-15-2011, 11:19 AM
Don't get all sentimental now.

Won't somebody think of the children?!

Sarevok
06-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Aaaaaand... that's 25! :D

GonzoTheGreat
06-16-2011, 03:28 AM
Won't somebody think of the children?!Getting sentimental leads to having children? :confused:

Zombie Sammael
06-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Wait what? Gnat? Gnat? Really?

Yes, really. Of course, I could just be someone pretending to be Gnat. I could answer a question only Gnat would know the answer to if that would help?

GonzoTheGreat
06-16-2011, 08:38 AM
What is Gnat's favorite color?

Zombie Sammael
06-16-2011, 11:24 AM
What is Gnat's favorite color?

Blue: but I never wear the colours of my Ajah.

What's more interesting is I don't remember Crispin at all. Which means that he, like me, has been recycled into a new username by the Great Lord of the Internet.

Terez
06-16-2011, 02:10 PM
SDog. Apparently he decided after some time that the name was juvenile, so he chose instead a character from a children's book.

Crispin's Crispian
06-16-2011, 02:36 PM
SDog. Apparently he decided after some time that the name was juvenile, so he chose instead a character from a children's book.

Sorry T...I tried but couldn't rep you for that. :(

As she said, Gnat, I used to go by SDog, but got tired of that name after so long. I retired it at 10,000 posts on Yuku.

IIRC, you were one of the founding members of the Land of Madmen and Madwomen back in the day. Of course, all six of us were founding members, and the only members. Ah well...

Zombie Sammael
06-16-2011, 03:10 PM

As she said, Gnat, I used to go by SDog, but got tired of that name after so long. I retired it at 10,000 posts on Yuku.

IIRC, you were one of the founding members of the Land of Madmen and Madwomen back in the day. Of course, all six of us were founding members, and the only members. Ah well...

I do recall it, though only vaguely. It's been a long time, but I do remember you, SDog, along with one or two others. You can now join the elite group that calls me Gnat; in return, is it okay if I call you SDog? :D

Terez
06-16-2011, 07:42 PM
It's okay; my last rep is from you, and therefore I forgiveth thee. ;)

GonzoTheGreat
06-17-2011, 03:32 AM
It's okay; my last rep is from you, and therefore I forgiveth thee. ;)I've repped you for it, so now you can withdraw your forgivingness. I'm sure that'll make you feel better.

Terez
06-17-2011, 07:02 AM
Nah, Crispy is the reppingest person on the forum, so he has a store of forgiveness. :)

Sei'taer
06-17-2011, 02:36 PM

I seem to remember that too.

I had no idea Zombie was Gnat. I guess the general buzzing noise when posting should have been a clue.

Zombie Sammael
06-17-2011, 03:54 PM
I seem to remember that too.

I had no idea Zombie was Gnat. I guess the general buzzing noise when posting should have been a clue.

You may have mistaken it for a low-level "brains, brains" - which it is. It's the sound of a zombie insect which is also Sammael. The Great Lord is harsh with those who fail him.

Crispin's Crispian
06-17-2011, 05:09 PM
You may have mistaken it for a low-level "brains, brains" - which it is. It's the sound of a zombie insect which is also Sammael. The Great Lord is harsh with those who fail him.

Can I therefore call you Toast?

I am still proud of myself for the user title I gave you on the LoMM&MW. I doubt anyone else remembers it, though. LOL

Nah, Crispy is the reppingest person on the forum, so he has a store of forgiveness.Not sure what that means, but Davian actually has the most rep. FWIW, which isn't much. ;)

Jokeslayer
06-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Not sure what that means, but Davian actually has the most rep. FWIW, which isn't much. ;)

I assume it means you give out the most.

Zombie Sammael
06-18-2011, 06:10 AM
Can I therefore call you Toast?

I am still proud of myself for the user title I gave you on the LoMM&MW. I doubt anyone else remembers it, though. LOL

I don't remember it. You should PM it to me. ;)

Terez
06-18-2011, 08:46 AM
Not sure what that means, but Davian actually has the most rep. FWIW, which isn't much.
I assume it means you give out the most.
Indeed.

Spidy
06-20-2011, 04:07 AM
It would appear then that some new Gazettes are indeed required and Uno and I shall deliver.

Now the questions are these:

a) Would you like more stories of "behind the scenes" Gazette staff and their happenings?
b) a reversion to the original charter of reporting the news of Thakandar?
c) snippets, snippets and more snippets
d) something totally different?
e) the return of Life Magazine?
f) all of the above?
g) any other variation of the above?

We have to finish this list at "g" because "G" is for Gazette!

GonzoTheGreat
06-20-2011, 04:41 AM
How about some Page 3 Girls?

Terez
06-20-2011, 05:54 AM
It would appear then that some new Gazettes are indeed required and Uno and I shall deliver.

Now the questions are these:

a) Would you like more stories of "behind the scenes" Gazette staff and their happenings?
Yes.

Also, Page 5 Boys.

yks 6nnetu hing
06-20-2011, 07:14 AM
Narg!

Crispin's Crispian
06-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Narg!

Gesundheit.

I'd like to hear more about Thakandar, personally. And maybe an interview with a Dreadlord.

The Unreasoner
06-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Off topic...but to plug my own fiction...
http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5664
Pointers and criticism are welcome, be they constructive or otherwise.
Disregard or delete this post if it pleases you.