PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Rambling

SauceyBlueConfetti
07-30-2008, 02:05 PM
I am going to ramble. Feel free to respond or add your own randomness.

I quit my job in June because it was giving me an ulcer. I was home 2 weeks before I realized I AM NOT A STAY AT HOME KINDA GAL.

I was offered a great job last week, so the the return to work search is ended, however, they want me to start 8/11 so I still have over a week to kill.

AND GODS HELP ME, I AM GOING INSANE NOT WORKING!!!

I have cleaned out closets
I have painted, more than one room.
I have landscaped the backyard.
Laundry, Laundry, Laundry. Duvets, sheets, curtains, rugs, winter clothes, summer clothes, you name it, it is clean
I have taken a niece to the zoo for a day.
I have sat in the sun outside.
I have taken another neice to the Warped Tour for a day.
I have added all my digital pictures to Snapfish, something I have wanted to do for eons
I have reread Reaper's Gale, The Summer Tree and New Spring. I have read about 6 other new books, to varying degrees of disappointment.
My car is immaculate.
Movies, seen many.
My gardens are weeded and watered.
I have tried new recipes and had dinner ready every day for my hubby when he returns home.
I have gotten in touch with old friends.
I have gotten involved a bit in local politics and volunteered for a few projects.
I have had lunch, dinner or drinks with everyone I know.
I have completely decorated a back patio on a target budget of $50 and accomplished it so dramatically friends don't believe me. I set the budget almost on a dare from my husband and it worked. Try it.

I am going NUTS.

I was so bored today (and it is raining so outside stuff is not an option) that I actually went back to the old Theoryland boards and reread a ton of stuff including various flamewars. An aside here...Apologies, in no particular order to:
Gil, Sdog, 4a, Callandor (hulllllllo out there Callandor), Isabel, Dashain and Zae for snappyish things I said in the last 7 (8?) years. Chesus gets no apology, but he isn't here anymore. mwahahahahahaha. If anyone else feels slighted, apologies, I just either don't remember or didn't read enough today. heheheheh

I still think Moiraine's voice with play a part in the Musical portion of 'Finnland Revisted, the Sea Folk and Tinkers were a split group and yes, Siuan yadda yadda.

SIGH

ShadowbaneX
07-30-2008, 02:12 PM
reread WoT from beginning to end...if you've already done that reread it from end to beginning. :D

Gilshalos Sedai
07-30-2008, 02:18 PM
ROTFLMAO, you're forgiven, SBC. I don't even remember what you're apologizing for!

I do have to laugh at your activities list. I wouldn't get a single one of those things done, if I had time at home for any given length. I'd tie my arse to the computer chair till the novel was done.

Brita
07-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Come to my house and do the following items again:

I have cleaned out closets
I have painted, more than one room.
I have landscaped the backyard.
Laundry, Laundry, Laundry. Duvets, sheets, curtains, rugs, winter clothes, summer clothes, you name it, it is clean

My car is immaculate.

My gardens are weeded and watered.
I have tried new recipes and had dinner ready every day for my hubby when he returns home.

I have completely decorated a back patio on a target budget of $50 and accomplished it so dramatically friends don't believe me. I set the budget almost on a dare from my husband and it worked. Try it.

I will buy you a round trip ticket!

Brita
07-30-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm serious.

Ishara
07-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Ha! Just to get to where you live and back would get her to the 11th. :p

Saucy, I would strongly suggest BrightWeavings.com as means of distracting oneself from the summer rain. It's GGK's official website and it's got a ton of really neat stuff like musical recordings, a cover gallery, GGK's essays (including a speech he wrote honouring RJ at the last Science Fiction conference), and best of all, really thoughtful and high-level forums.

JSUCamel
07-30-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm facing a similar problem. I've been without steady employment for going on eight months now. Been drawing unemployment for about four months.

I've read more books in the past six months than I have in the past six years. My sleeping habits are all out of whack. I've written more short stories and short plays than I thought possible. I've watched every TV series I have all the way through at least once. I spend 3-4 hours per day looking for a job. I snack all day.

It's driving me crazy.

My mom thinks i'm just slacking around, but honestly, I'd like nothing more than to have something productive to do. Unfortunately, the only jobs available around here are fast food type stuff, and I make more per week on unemployment than a FULL TIME minimum wage worker would make.. and since no minimum wage jobs ever let you work full time, it's not worth it.

I'm miserable.

Someone give me a job!

Crispin's Crispian
07-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Someone give me a job!

Sounds like Saucey's old employer might be hiring...

Sei'taer
07-30-2008, 05:02 PM

I dunno about anyone else, but I'm all about new recipes...did you find any good ones? Can you pass them on? You could be our resident..uh...name a food network person you like, cuz I ain't going there...I know how some people around here feel about some people on there. Anyway, if it tastes good I'll eat it. I also have a reputation for eating things that don't taste good, but thats another story Balut anyone

JSUCamel
07-30-2008, 05:35 PM
I made some zucchini cakes the other night, and some bacon-wrapped jalopeno poppers.

A great site for good food, especially kind you'd like, Taer, is www.thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/.

She shows all the steps (with pictures, since I know you don't do so well without those). She's also got very witty commentary going along with it all. Entertaining to read, a visual delight, and great food.

I check back at her site pretty often cause she's got such good stuff.

I've made the jalopeno poppers two or three dozen times in the past few years, and I've taken them to parties and stuff, and every single time my friends ask me for the recipe and then they call me two weeks later and say it's the new hit at their family's gatherings. One of my friends' mother actually made it into one of the traditional Thanksgiving dishes. They've had it for the past two Thanksgivings and they're going to have it again this year.

Anyway, here's a list of recipes that I've made from the website, and I highly recommend all of them. Also, read the comments below because sometimes readers will offer tips or shortcuts or ways to save money on the recipes.

Bacon Wrapped Jalopeno Thingies (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/07/bacon-wrapped_j/)

Zucchini Cakes (great!) (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/07/cooking-with-ryan-zucchini-cakes/)

Onion Strings (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/03/onion-strings-oh-yeah-baby/)

Crash Hot Potatoes (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/)

Twice Baked Potatoes (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/07/twice_baked_pot/)

Marlboro Man's (her husband) Favorite Sandwich (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/marlboro_mans_f/)

Pan-fried Steak (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/02/pan-fried_ribeye_steak_heaven_in_a_skillet/)

Best Lasagna Ever (it really is!) (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/the_best_lasagn/) Oh, on this one, make sure to cook the noodles first. A commenter suggested that you don't have to, so I tried it without cooking the noodles and while the insides were nice and soft, the edges of the noodles were hard. Save yourself some toothache and cook the noodles a bit first.

Cowboy Nachos (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/cowboy-nachos/)

Spicy Shrimp (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/08/spicy_shrimp_yu/)

Those are all the ones I've actually cooked, but the site has tons of other stuff that you guys might like. She runs the gamut from appetizers to desserts. It's really good stuff.

Anaiya Sedai
07-30-2008, 08:56 PM
oh we have a rambling thread.

4 1/2 months of summer holiday.
I've painted my living room,
finally painted and decorated my bedroom, after a year of living here. and I am now officially not living out of boxes anymore :)
I've signed up to a 12 day performance masterclass.
Read lots of books, and re-read them.
Started to cook again.
I still work loads of jobs as model, and travel.
I spend about 6 hours in front of my laptop.
I'm awake until about 4 am.

and I am bored.. :/

SBC, you should get on guild wars :D

JSUCamel
07-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Speaking of, I finally finished Reaper's Gale.

Good stuff. Really good stuff.

pops taer
07-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Cut Jalapenos in half lengthwise, scrape out seeds and white vein. Marinate in Teriyaki sauce and put in smoker for 2 hours at 250....MMMM MMM good!!!

Take large Anaheim Chiles...Green and fresh...marinate whole in a combination of Canola oil, Worcestershire sauce, and Brown Sugar....Put in smoker as above...MMMMM MMMMM Double good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saucy I can use you here for my yard work...Got lots of it normally and am working on the new lot next door that I bought...getting it squared away....So got extra lots of it...Cmon down...I'm sure my Bride could point out a few things in here for you to take care of. We would feed you all you can eat and find an extra nail to hang you on!!!

Terez
07-31-2008, 02:17 AM
I've signed up to a 12 day performance masterclass.
12 days? :eek:

Oh, and congrats Camel. :D

What do you think about Emperor Tehol?

Do you have Toll the Hounds?

irerancincpkc
07-31-2008, 08:21 AM
I am currently in the looking for a job phase as well... not fun stuff... :eek:

Ishara
07-31-2008, 08:25 AM
I *love* Pionneer Woman! She's hysterical and some of her recipes are to DIE for. Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich is like one of our favourite meals. If I'm making the bf a special dinner - you'd better believe it involves this sandwich and not much else (there's no room for much else). Her Peach crisp is really great too, the maple sauce is crazy good.

Davian93
07-31-2008, 08:37 AM
I am currently in the looking for a job phase as well... not fun stuff... :eek:

Aren't you going to college? You're still a youngbuck,aren't you?

irerancincpkc
07-31-2008, 08:46 AM
Aren't you going to college? You're still a youngbuck,aren't you?
I'm Mormon, so I'll be leaving on my two year mission, so my four year college plan will happen when I come back. But I'd like a job until I leave.

Davian93
07-31-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm Mormon, so I'll be leaving on my two year mission, so my four year college plan will happen when I come back. But I'd like a job until I leave.

Oh yeah...forgot about that...do you know where you're going for your mission yet?

irerancincpkc
07-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Oh yeah...forgot about that...do you know where you're going for your mission yet?
I do not. I'll know a few weeks before I leave. I have dream places picked out, of course, but I'll more than likely get sent somewhere I've never heard of before. A friend of mine was sent to Thailand, another to Hong Kong, and another to Iowa, so it's really could be anywhere.

Zaela Sedai
07-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Thailand...Hong Kong...Iowa.... hmmm one of those just does not fit....

And I feel for you SBC, We all think not working would be fantastic...then you actually get that and you have no idea what to do with yourself.

We're in the middle of redoing our house so a month off would be nice. LOL

And um apology accepted....for whatever you may have said to hurt my young gentle soul. ;)

Brita
07-31-2008, 09:25 AM
I remain unconvinced that I would not enjoy every single second of not working. As far as it relates to boredom that is.

But I do empathize with those looking for work- that is not a pleasant task. Good luck to all!

Davian93
07-31-2008, 10:36 AM
I could handle not working as long as I didn't have to worry about money. Everytime I've been unemployed money becomes a concern fairly rapidly. If I was say independently wealthy, I'd have no issues keeping myself busy.

Brita
07-31-2008, 10:41 AM
If I was say independently wealthy, I'd have no issues keeping myself busy.

Ditto.

Hopper
07-31-2008, 10:44 AM
And um apology accepted....for whatever you may have said to hurt my young gentle soul. ;)

Zae - your body may still be young, but you're one of the oldest souls I know.

JSUCamel
07-31-2008, 06:32 PM
No I don't have Toll the Hounds.. I'll wait til it's out in paperback.

As for your spoiler, I kind of saw that coming from a mile away. I figured it would happen way back in Midnight Tides.

Zaela Sedai
07-31-2008, 06:38 PM
lol Wolfie boy

I agree Dav, if I was rich I wouldnt be bored