PDA

View Full Version : Are the Amyrlin and Dragon Equal?

XXX47
07-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Egwene thinks so!!..in fact ,I think she thinks she is superior considering that she demands that he "submit" to the tower.

FelixPax
07-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Egwene thinks so!!..in fact ,I think she thinks she is superior considering that she demands that he "submit" to the tower.

Submit her resignation or be thrown out of office?

First, Siuan was removed by the Hall
Second, Elaida was removed by the Hall & the Seanchan Empire
Third, Egwene going need to submit, so a...
Fourth Amyrlin Seat can take the reins and bring together the Tower's sections

Be they Aes Sedai, Aiel Wise Ones, Kin, Sea Folk, Wilders, Asha'men, or Seanchan

Egwene, Elaida, Siuan and even Fortuona shall submit themselves! :D

Remember the Year of Four Amyrlins?

“Is the Hall always this bad, Siuan?”

Siuan nodded, shifting slightly to try to find a better balance. No two of her stool’s legs were the same length. “But it could be worse. Remind me to tell you about the Year of the Four Amyrlins; that was about a hundred and fifty years after the founding of Tar Valon. In those days, the normal workings of the Tower nearly rivaled what’s happening today. Every hand tried to snatch the tiller, if they could. There were actually two rival Halls of the Tower in Tar Valon for part of that year. Almost like now. Just about everyone came to grief in the end, including a few who thought they were going to save the Tower. Some of them might have, if they hadn’t stepped in quicksand. The Tower survived anyway, of course. It always does.”

A great deal of history grew up in over three thousand years, much suppressed, hidden from all but a few eyes, yet Siuan seemed to have every detail at her fingertips. She must have spent a good part of her years in the Tower burying herself in those secret histories. Of one thing, Egwene was certain. She would avoid Shein’s fate if she could, but she would not remain as she was, little better off than Cemaile Sorenthaine. Long before the end of her reign, the most important decision left to Cemaile’s discretion was what dress to wear. She was going to have to ask Siuan to tell her about the Year of the Four Amyrlins, and she did not look forward to it.

The Path of Daggers, Chapter 16 "Unexpected Absences" -- Egwene al'Vere point of view

When the Tower goes down to ruins, who can save the Tower as an institution?

The man with the Foxhead necklace.
Meet your next Amyrlin,
Matrim Cauthon

A man who fears the power, shall lead the powers that be.

Sarevok
07-16-2011, 02:39 PM

Yup, she thinks so. Rand, on the other hand, thinks (or used to think, before tGS), that everyone, including the Aes Sedai, would just have to do as he said.
Cue some kind of showdown in A Memory of Light. :D

XXX47
07-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Yup, she thinks so. Rand, on the other hand, thinks (or used to think, before tGS), that everyone, including the Aes Sedai, would just have to do as he said.
Cue some kind of showdown in A Memory of Light. :D

Rand is supported by the prophecies in his quest to tie all the nations under him..Egwene is supported by nothing other than her ego in thinking the Amyrlin is anything close to the Dragon.

Weird Harold
07-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Rand is supported by the prophecies in his quest to tie all the nations under him..Egwene is supported by nothing other than her ego in thinking the Amyrlin is anything close to the Dragon.

Egwene is not the ony one who thinks the Amyrlin reigns supreme -- or at least should.

Elaida certainly believes that the
Amyrlinis supreme, above all other earthly rulers. Siuan Sanche thought so, but at least recognised that an Amyrlin's earthly power was limted below what it once was.

Tamyrlin
07-16-2011, 04:48 PM

Are you starting a whole new thread...to say that Egwene is egotistical? We have a thread for anti-Egwene sentiment.

XXX47
07-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Not whether she is egoistic but to see if the fan world agrees with her point..that she is above the dragon hence the "submit" demand.

The Unreasoner
07-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Not whether she is egoistic but to see if the fan world agrees with her point..that she is above the dragon hence the "submit" demand.

Lol, this very thing is discussed in The Egwene Thread. You are lucky terez is not here to shut down your thread.

There is even a poll to see how the 'fan world' feels on the character as a whole.

FelixPax
07-16-2011, 10:57 PM

False claim on the merits.

Egwene al'Vere nominated by the Ajah Heads in Salidar.
Egwene al'Vere was elected Amyrlin Seat by a rival Hall of the Tower.
Egwene al'Vere did gain the support of a binding majority of Sitters in Tar Valon, to end the Aes Sedai Civil War.

Whatever one thinks of Egwene al'Vere, she is in fact the current Amyrlin Seat. Elected to rule the White Tower as a whole.

There are other reasons and needs, for a Fourth Amyrlin Seat to replace the current leadership.

Egwene al'Vere has not even met who the true Dragon is, yet. She only knows or has met a bunch of False Dragons so far in the series: Logain; Rand al'Thor.

The real Dragon remains a blind man: Valan Luca.

Perhaps one there is one general equality common between the future Fourth Amyrlin Seat, and the true Dragon:

Ta'veren.

Matrim Cauthon, Valan Luca are each Ta'veren.

Valan Luca must have had one hell of trip since KoD book:

“The Queen is wed to the land,” Thom said as brightly colored balls danced in a circle, “but the Dragon . . . the Dragon is one with the land, and the land is one with the Dragon.”

The Eye of the World, Chapter 34 "The Last Village" -- Rand al'Thor point of view

Murandy! :eek:

GonzoTheGreat
07-17-2011, 05:11 AM
Rand is supported by the prophecies in his quest to tie all the nations under him..Egwene is supported by nothing other than her ego in thinking the Amyrlin is anything close to the Dragon.To be fair to Egwene, her ego may very well be bigger than all the Prophecies combined.

Daekyras
07-17-2011, 05:54 AM
"How long has this been goin' on?
How long has this been goin' on?

Well, your friends with their fancy persuasions
Don't admit that it's part of a scheme,
But I can't help but have my suspicions
'Cause I ain't quite as dumb as I seem.

And you said you were never intendin'
To break up our scene in this way,
But there ain't any use in pretendin',
It could happen to us any day.

How long has this been goin' on?
How long has this been goin' on?"

I imagine Terez singing this as she moves another Egg bash thread to the appropriate place.

I assume she's an Ace fan!

Zombie Sammael
07-17-2011, 07:46 AM
This should definitely be moved to the Egwene thread. It's nothing more than Egwene bashing, no real discussion of anything important.

The Unreasoner
07-17-2011, 06:32 PM
To be fair to Egwene, her ego may very well be bigger than all the Prophecies combined.

hahaha. how do i rep this?

cindy
07-17-2011, 06:33 PM
:confused: i'm always surprised to see you smart folks feeding trolls. . . you must seriously be bored.

you can read a few thousand similar posts by this one at dragonmount if you care to.

FelixPax
07-17-2011, 09:17 PM
:confused: i'm always surprised to see you smart folks feeding trolls. . . you must seriously be bored.

you can read a few thousand similar posts by this one at dragonmount if you care to.

Trolling?
That wasn't my goal nor intention.

I took the opportunity, to point out what I'd see as one equality between who will be a future (T)Amyrlin and who the true Dragon is--in my judgment:

Their common Ta'veren nature.

Mat Cauthon = Amyrlin Seat, fourth to be since tEofW book
Valan Luca = Dragon

At least twice Valan Luca's ta'veren nature has influenced Matrim Cauthon's outcome.

Portalstone delay of roughly 6 months in TGH book, to travel to Falme
Preventing Matrim Cauthon Inc from departing Ebou Dar by Tar Valon early, and by Boat.

Remember how Matrim Cauthon felt in Ebou Dar?

Limping along, idly eyeing tumblers and jugglers and acrobats at their practice, he wondered how matters had come to this pass. Blood and ashes! He was ta’veren! He was supposed to shape the world around him! But here he was, stuck in Ebou Dar, Tylin’s pet and toy—the woman had not even let him heal completely before leaping on him again like a duck on a beetle!—while everyone else was having a fine time of it.

Winter's Heart, Chapter 15 "In Need of a Bellfounder--Mat Cauthon point of view; his thoughts

A Ta'veren bent around another more powerful Ta'veren?

One could easily find more examples, of Luca's ta'veren effect by looking for "plowed", "rutted" metaphors. Of course, that metaphor evidence is far less obvious than two examples given above.

The Unreasoner
07-17-2011, 10:24 PM
I think she meant the OP was a troll...you're the one of the smart ones feeding it. At least here, lol

Tamyrlin
07-17-2011, 11:41 PM

I recommend going here for this discussion:

http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4070