PDA

View Full Version : Dream or nightmare?

Daekyras
07-17-2011, 07:03 AM
This is just a quick post about a dream i had the other night.

In it I dreamt about the ending to aMoL. In it there is a complete victory for the light. I mean everything plays into the hands of Rand and co. Everything.

All the major Dark players are dead- DO, Moridin, Egwene....:rolleyes:

SH killed by Lan(my own personal hope since book 8).

Fain not doing a gollum...

etc etc.

I mean, literally it couldn't have gone better.

Anyway, the epilogue is an over-arching round-up that fills in the next 300years or so. The last scene of all is a very old rand sitting on his deathbed saying goodbye to his kids (who don't turn out to be tools!). As he finally dies he hears, NOT imagined, "I win again Lews Therin".

I woke up. Shivering.

Still can't figure out if it was a dream or nightmare!

Also, i am aware i just admitted to dreaming of WoT but hey, HCFF home is where we're at!

Zombie Sammael
07-17-2011, 07:33 AM
That would actually be such a great ending for the series. It would keep us talking for years.

padfoot89
07-17-2011, 09:09 AM
That would be an epic ending.

I have to wonder though how the "I win again" stuff that Rand hears at the end of all his mirror lives happened. Was Ishamael messing around somehow ?
I find it difficult to believe that the DO can directly talk to someone not already marked by him. In any case, during the MW trip, it seemed like Ishamael was saying the lines.
Any thoughts on this ?

Zombie Sammael
07-17-2011, 10:18 AM
That would be an epic ending.

I have to wonder though how the "I win again" stuff that Rand hears at the end of all his mirror lives happened. Was Ishamael messing around somehow ?
I find it difficult to believe that the DO can directly talk to someone not already marked by him. In any case, during the MW trip, it seemed like Ishamael was saying the lines.
Any thoughts on this ?

Well, the Dark One is the Lord of the Grave, and Rand heard the voice every time he died. That's the simple explanation.

To get into abstract speculation: it's possible that as an abstract representation of death the DO is actually necessary in some way for people to die within the Pattern; his imprisonment actually serves a function other than keeping absolute evil at bay. It also allows for death to take place within the Pattern. In this sense, every time LTT/Dragon dies, the DO does win, but he's only performing his necessary function. What he really wants to do is get loose and kill everything, but he finds the death of the greatest obstacle to that satisfying in some way, hence "I win again".