PDA

View Full Version : Not a Joke!! A friend covering Olympics...

pops taer
07-31-2008, 02:08 PM
A friend at works daughter covering the Olympics in Beijing. What a treat. This link is to her blog. Take a look. I think you will like it.

http://web.mac.com/ashleynward/Beijing_2008/Home.html

irerancincpkc
08-01-2008, 06:26 AM
That's pretty neat. :D Once in a lifetime experience...

Mort
08-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Two friends went to China, one of them is home now, were gone 3 weeks, one is still there and is gonna be gone 3 months, back in september. He isn't going to the olympics though, couldn't get a ticket, or at least not for the prices that he could get one for :) They are more interested at just experiencing China.

A pretty cool country from what I have heard from my friends, excluded the communism of course. A big crash of cultures and a very exciting country to be in and see all the great things they have there.

Apperently they have cleaned up Beijing a lot for the olympics, like a window out to the world so to speak, while Shanghai is a completely different story :) A lot more smog, dirt, bums etc.

Brita
08-01-2008, 08:29 AM
My boss is heading over today with her family. She is going with neighbours that have family in Beijing.

They did not win the draw for the Opening Ceremonies, but they have tickets to dozens of events, all at very reasonable prices. It sounds like the Chinese government wants to fill the stands, rather than have hundreds of empty seats due to ticket prices.

The immunizations alone that her family needed was a small fortune!