PDA

View Full Version : late night thoughts

phil01
08-18-2011, 07:42 AM
I was thinkiong about the horn of valere and what it actually did and how it would help in the last battle and had a thought. What if when Mat blew it he awakened the hero within everyones soul and this is why people seem to learn things so quickly. I believe this is what really awakened LTT within Rand as if it was the Taint why doesn't he remember all the banal lives he lived in the 3000 years since LTT died. A combination of the Horn Drawing out the hero soul and the taint breaking down the barriers could be feasible.

I also had a thought that what if Tel arhan rhiod (or whatever it is called) is the realm of the dark one and this is where lanfear bored into. Reason for this line of thinking is that in the dreamworld whatever you think can become reality as long as you beleive it, therefore if you believe their is a power that can be wielded by men and woman there is. There fore to seal off the dark one you need to seal of this dreamworld which Rand can do as he is the only one who appears in both (that we know of). As going there in the flesh is evil drawing this power into the real world is evil.

Another random thought is what if the ogier steddings are all the previous patches the dragon put on the dark ones prison. if he turns the whole world into an ogier stedding then their is no power therefore no dark one.

Just some random thoughts that I had and wanted to see what other people thought.

Davian93
08-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Well, the main reason is that the Dragon soul simply hadn't been spun out between LTT's death and Rand's birth.

phil01
08-20-2011, 08:17 AM
I thought the soul was spun out but just lived an ordinary life if he wasn't needed

finnssss
08-22-2011, 12:35 AM
The Horn being blown, combined with the taint and entering TAR in the flesh as well maybe...not a bad premise.