PDA

View Full Version : *ahem*

Figbiscuit
08-25-2011, 07:42 AM
Hi :)

I've been lurking around a fair bit recently so I thought it was about time I came back out in the open.

If anyone remembers me that is. If you don't I won't be mortally offended...although I may shed a gentle tear into my pillow...

Sei'taer
08-25-2011, 07:45 AM

I've been lurking around a fair bit recently so I thought it was about time I came back out in the open.

If anyone remembers me that is. If you don't I won't be mortally offended...although I may shed a gentle tear into my pillow...

Figgy!!! We've been saving the mangina pictures just for you!!! Welcome back!

GonzoTheGreat
08-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Welcome back. Even I remember you, so obviously you haven't been forgotten.

Terez
08-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Yup, you are remembered. Welcome back. :)

Figbiscuit
08-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Aww thanks guys *blushes*

I see my post count is 27, which is pathetic. I shall attempt to lurk less and post more this time around.

And Sei, I can't believe you remember the mangina story :D

DahLliA
08-25-2011, 08:13 AM
hey and welcome back !

even I remember you and I can hardly out-memorize a goldfish(yeah I know they have decent memories):p

Zaela Sedai
08-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Figgy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sei'taer
08-25-2011, 08:46 AM
And Sei, I can't believe you remember the mangina story :D

That story is top ten in Taers funniest TL moments.

Terez
08-25-2011, 08:46 AM
I see my post count is 27, which is pathetic.
If it makes you feel any better, it's 444 at Yuku (http://figbiscuit.theoryland.yuku.com/). ;)

Figbiscuit
08-25-2011, 10:42 AM
That story is top ten in Taers funniest TL moments.

*high five*

And oddly enough Dahl, you pop up on my fb page every so often as a recommendation. Which is weird.

Sarevok
08-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Welcome back, Fig! :D

DahLliA
08-26-2011, 09:17 AM
*high five*

And oddly enough Dahl, you pop up on my fb page every so often as a recommendation. Which is weird.

not really if you're friends with other TL people :p

I've gotten recommendations of people on the other side of the world I have 0 friends in common with :p

Figbiscuit
08-26-2011, 09:40 AM
not really if you're friends with other TL people :p

I've gotten recommendations of people on the other side of the world I have 0 friends in common with :p

Well in that case fb is cleverer than I thought :p I'm only friends with Tru, although I am in a couple of WoT related groups, I think.

GonzoTheGreat
08-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Well in that case fb is cleverer than I ...That may be the case.

Tamyrlin
08-26-2011, 03:20 PM

Welcome back! Good timing, many of us are doing a re-read of the series in anticipation of next November. See you on the boards.

Matoyak
08-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Well in that case fb is cleverer than I thought :p I'm only friends with Tru, although I am in a couple of WoT related groups, I think.That may be the case.Nah, facebook just throws every single person on every other person's friends list at every other person. (AKA, they spam your friends with your other friends). No need to insult figgy like that, Gonzo :p

Anyways, dunno if someone who's been MIA for a good long while now (months-years?) is allowed to welcome ya back, but I will say that I remember you, so...there's that. :)

Terez
08-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Maybe while you're here you can direct Felix to the straitjackets.

Matoyak
08-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Maybe while you're here you can direct Felix to the straitjackets.Haha, sure, he still bein' all crazy 'n stuff? (awh, who'm I kidding, of course he is.)

[As an aside, I was only doing irrc JWB (Or maybe SBX?)'s old job, figured someone would've taken over after me here on the newbie boards.]

But yeah, you aren't Felix, but if you wanna try on a straitjacket or two, Figgy, feel free to. They're to your left as you entered, and the Wards are down the hall to the right. JWB took the crookedjackets with him, I do believe.

DahLliA
08-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Nah, facebook just throws every single person on every other person's friends list at every other person. (AKA, they spam your friends with your other friends).

actually they have an algotirthm that does that for them :p

Anyways, dunno if someone who's been MIA for a good long while now (months-years?) is allowed to welcome ya back, but I will say that I remember you, so...there's that. :)

yeah. not sure. you're gonna have to check the rule-book Mato(where have you been?)

Matoyak
08-28-2011, 12:13 AM
actually they have an algotirthm that does that for them :p Doesn't make it any less than spam. (And I already knew that, chose to go for a semi-kinda-sorta jokish thing anyways)yeah. not sure. you're gonna have to check the rule-book Mato(where have you been?)Told my step-dad what he could do with himself, changed majors, changed schools, moved across the state, took a semester off, worked at a property management company, got laid off once I had fixed their electronic filing system procedures, began school again in my new major, started working at a sporting goods store (Academy), got moved up to customer service and full-time, while doing school, am already being asked to move into being a Team Lead over the next few months, and doing school all the while.

Basically, I've been busy working and doing school. Not having access to any financial aid due to a step-parent screwing you over and leaving you out to dry makes school kind of expensive...

Terez
08-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Do you have to be a certain age to file as an independent? (That's what I do, but I'm old.)

Matoyak
08-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Do you have to be a certain age to file as an independent? (That's what I do, but I'm old.)25, unless you haven't been on any of your parents' insurance, or lived with them for over a year, or something like that.

My step-dad kept me on his health insurance just long enough to file his taxes with me as a dependent, then cut me off the health insurance a week later. I currently count as being dependent on him. This spring I will qualify for at least SOME financial aid, even if I do have to count as being on my mom's stuff. Neither her nor my dad are claiming me on their taxes, and I don't have any insurance, so I should be good without even being on my mom's stuff. Depends on that weird 25 age rule, as I'm only 20, and turn 21 in March...so yeah, nothing doing with that.

Terez
08-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Have you talked to the financial aid people about it? You should be able to file independently so long as no one is claiming you as a dependent. Otherwise it's a bogus law and we should bitch about it loudly.

Matoyak
08-28-2011, 12:59 AM
Have you talked to the financial aid people about it? You should be able to file independently so long as no one is claiming you as a dependent. Otherwise it's a bogus law and we should bitch about it loudly.Yeah, I've talked to them. I am not legally independent, I was on my step-dad's taxes as a dependent due to his dickery. I don't get off of that until 2012. This January I can file my FAFSA again and not have ANYTHING related to him on there.

Figbiscuit
08-30-2011, 05:04 AM
Hey Mato, Tam, Zae, Sare and everyone :cool:

Don't we all sit around burning each other and toasting marshmallows anymore? It's kind of chilly over here!

As for a re-read, I could probably do with starting one. I didn't even realise the final book was going to be so late - don't know how I managed to miss that little nugget. I need to study the last two books in a bit more detail anyway, I've only read ToM once, I don't feel like I've fully absorbed it yet.

And since I was last here I have converted two new people to the Way :cool:

Sarevok
08-30-2011, 05:14 AM
It's kind of chilly over here!*sets Figgy on fire*
Better?

And since I was last here I have converted two new people to the Way
Nice job! :D

Figbiscuit
08-30-2011, 07:13 AM
*sets Figgy on fire*
Better?

Much :D

*roasts marshmallows on self*

Figbiscuit
08-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Is it possible to change your name once signed up? I didn't realised I had signed up to these boards at all until it told me my email was already in use, but over the last couple of years Figbiscuit has shortened down to Fig quite naturally, and I'd much prefer to see that if I could...

DahLliA
08-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Is it possible to change your name once signed up? I didn't realised I had signed up to these boards at all until it told me my email was already in use, but over the last couple of years Figbiscuit has shortened down to Fig quite naturally, and I'd much prefer to see that if I could...

best thing to do is send a PM to nae'blis and ask nicely :)

Figbiscuit
08-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Awesome, cheers Dahl :)

Matoyak
08-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Bribes help, I'm sure. ;)