PDA

View Full Version : No Energy for Skills.

czymann
09-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Since it appears that some of the mechanics for the classes will change before the game ships. What are your thoughts about no energy or mana for skills but some other mechanic. Thief has initiative. I know that some others are cooldowns. Gw used energy and cooldowns and so do most MMORPGs.
Personally I think its great. Combat will be more fluid since you can never run out of a resource for yer skills. And it is one less button to worry about pushing. I mean already we are looking at a minimum of 11 buttons and could be as high as 14 or more while in combat. That is plenty.

ShadowbaneX
09-10-2011, 11:19 PM
It could be interesting, but if it's removed what mechanic are they going to use to cast spells specifically?

I've got no problem with Warriors or Rangers not needing it, but it makes sense for the spell casters to have it.

czymann
09-11-2011, 04:26 PM
As of right now it is cooldowns on skills at Gamescom and PAX
My opinion is it never really made any sense to have an energy pool and cooldown on skills.

ShadowbaneX
09-11-2011, 09:19 PM
cool down seems a little WoW-ish, especially if they start getting in to those "once every hour" sort of skills.

czymann
09-12-2011, 02:35 PM
There is still an energy bar but it is solely used for dodging. No way Anet will go the route of one use per hour skills. Longest recharge I have heard about was some elites at 12 minutes.

Sodas
09-12-2011, 10:00 PM
*shrug* watching the gameplay is pretty smooth. It's more action based than GW1 it seems. I like the weapon based skill system.

As far as would it seem wierd ... it might. I honestly don't care for mana, and my problem with games like that usually is that they are more instanced based... like Vindictus. Mana really comes from the older D&D based rule sets. But if Anet could pull of that same feeling? Sure. Particularly if the upside is that everyone can revive fallen comrades.

czymann
09-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Watch one of the PvP videos. It really shows how fluid gameplay can be.

Guild Wars 2: ESL Intel Extreme Masters PvP Exhibition Match - Full HD - gamescom 2011 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqmmKgRaZrY