PDA

View Full Version : Morgan Freeman Car Accident

Davian93
08-04-2008, 11:26 AM
From CNN.com: "Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman is in serious condition after a car accident in Mississippi, according to hospital officials"

I hope he's okay...he's one of my favorite actors.:(

Davian93
08-04-2008, 11:32 AM
http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=8783679

Brita
08-04-2008, 12:32 PM
I also hope he comes through OK. He is an excellent actor- his movies are always "must see's" for me.

Sometimes I drive to work and I think- as a pulp truck whizzes past- "I am literally 2 feet away from certain death, and I do this every day." Maybe a little melodramatic, but the stories of interrupted life are always a reminder of how fragile our existence is.

JSUCamel
08-04-2008, 03:49 PM
I may be an exception or something, but I don't think Morgan Freeman's an exceptional actor or anything. Not like everyone says he is, anyway. He's almost always the same character with a different name and a different outfit. Usually, anyway. I've seen a handful of movies with him in it where he played something different, but nothing extraordinarily so.

We've had this discussion before, many years ago.

To me, there's a big difference between a movie star and a great actor. You can be a great actor and not a movie star, or you can be a movie star and not a great actor (aka Julia Roberts).

Morgan Freeman is a movie star, and if any of his movies are "must sees" for me, it's more because I know he has good taste in movies and only selects projects he thinks will be good than any amount of acting on his part.

Having said that, I love the guy's movies and I think he's doing a wonderful job in Hollywood. By no means do I think he's a bad actor, I just take exception to more extreme superlatives with respect to his acting chops.

I hope he recovers from this accident and goes on to make dozens more movies. In fact, I might go see Dark Knight again this weekend.

Sei'taer
08-04-2008, 04:23 PM
He's evidently here in Memphis and they are saying he has a several broken bones and he had to be cut out of the car. They are listing him in fair condition.

The road he was on is not a fantastic road, but its really not that bad...it's just an hour or two south of Memphis just off of I-55. I've been down there a lot...They have this little restaurant in Charleston...~ahhhh, fades away dreaming about food~ ~10 minutes go by~ Anyway, they were probably headed for the interstate if the were going east.

irerancincpkc
08-04-2008, 06:28 PM
I hope everything turns out all right for him. He is one of my favorite actors, and one you can always count on to deliver a good performance.