PDA

View Full Version : life or death of the week: al'Lan Mandragoran

Southpaw2012
09-27-2011, 11:04 PM
life or death of the week is al'Lan Mandragoran. I want to reinforce the idea about what these topics are about. The character of the week posts are for discussing the character in general. My discussion for life or death is primarily focused on AMoL (book 14) so discuss if you think he'll die in that book and if so what makes you think so. Go

Rand al'Fain
09-28-2011, 01:07 AM
Ah, Lan. Probably one of the most consistent characters, as well as one of the most eager to meet death (not to be confused with Moridin). Just for a bit of irony, I think Lan lives happily ever after with Nynaeve. Cliche, I know, but these two probably have the most normal relationship in terms of circumstance in the whole book. Other than one being an uncrowned king of a dead nation and the other being a village wisdom to a village in one of the most isolated regions in the book.

FelixPax
09-28-2011, 01:27 AM
life or death of the week is al'Lan Mandragoran. I want to reinforce the idea about what these topics are about. The character of the week posts are for discussing the character in general. My discussion for life or death is primarily focused on AMoL (book 14) so discuss if you think he'll die in that book and if so what makes you think so. Go

What is your question referring to by death, Flesh or Soul? In the Mirror World known as Earth or a prior Mirror World known as Earth?

Philosophically speaking isn't this thread's assumption, one that the Wheel breaks? That 'Time' is not a cycle? That Souls are not re-born?

The Unreasoner
09-28-2011, 02:15 AM
I predict that Lan will be alive a year after TG. Whether he dies in the interim...

And, I gotta admire the balls of picking the same character as the CotW.

obi1one
09-28-2011, 11:56 AM
I think Lan will get a happily ever after. Nynaeve and Rand are both looking to find a way to keep him alive in the short term. In the longer term, he doesnt seem like a great target for the shadow, he is a skilled warrior, and he has very powerful friends. I like his chances.

Southpaw2012
09-28-2011, 04:26 PM
nope I didn't choose Lan because of COTW. I chose him because I did Moiraine last time and Lan is one of the most talked about characters in terms of whether we think he'll die or not