PDA

View Full Version : You guys like Risk?

fdsaf3
10-14-2011, 12:27 AM
I found a website where we could get a game going. You don't have to play in real time, either, so it's good for people with busy schedules who would still want to play.

Here's the site:

www.warlight.net

If nothing else, check out the insanely difficult challenge missions. Mission 2 is impossible, I swear.

Sei'taer
10-14-2011, 09:59 AM
I found a website where we could get a game going. You don't have to play in real time, either, so it's good for people with busy schedules who would still want to play.

Here's the site:

www.warlight.net

If nothing else, check out the insanely difficult challenge missions. Mission 2 is impossible, I swear.

I played the first mission. Kicked Aussie ass in 7 moves. If I have time to do it later I'll sign up and we can play. I'll let you know when I do.

Juan
10-14-2011, 10:17 AM
The board game risk? I used to sometimes get together with some friends and play epic intense risk games late into the night. They'd always sleep over on those days. Good times.

I'll be done once I figure out how it would work.

fdsaf3
10-14-2011, 11:35 AM
The board game risk? I used to sometimes get together with some friends and play epic intense risk games late into the night. They'd always sleep over on those days. Good times.

I'll be done once I figure out how it would work.

Yeah, the board game Risk. The online version is sweet - you can add in extra options like a fog of war which really change the way the game works. Plus they added a map with a huge increase in the number of territories and regions of control. It just makes it that much more interesting to play.

I played the first mission. Kicked Aussie ass in 7 moves. If I have time to do it later I'll sign up and we can play. I'll let you know when I do.

Awesome!

Like I said, one of the best features is that you can play at your leisure. I believe you can set it up so that you get an email prompt when it's your turn. No need to sit down and play live - although you certainly can, if you wish.

SauceyBlueConfetti
10-14-2011, 11:39 AM
omg. this rocks.

haven't played Risk in years, but this is a great site. gonna shine up my single player stats a bit then maybe we can get a TL game going. love the fog, etc.

fdsaf3
10-14-2011, 01:07 PM
I just want to say that while the AI is decent, it's freaking bullshit that they gang up on you the way they do. I've noticed plenty of times while playing mission 3 and challenge mission 2 that the AI will ignore other AI (often leaving lightly defended borders) and pile up to attack you.

Plus the teams thing in challenge mission 2 is stupid.

Once I beat challenge mission 2, I swear I will never play it again. Grr!

But on a more positive note, yay! I'm excited that this seems to be catching on a bit.

Sei'taer
10-14-2011, 01:27 PM
I just want to say that while the AI is decent, it's freaking bullshit that they gang up on you the way they do. I've noticed plenty of times while playing mission 3 and challenge mission 2 that the AI will ignore other AI (often leaving lightly defended borders) and pile up to attack you.

Plus the teams thing in challenge mission 2 is stupid.

Once I beat challenge mission 2, I swear I will never play it again. Grr!

But on a more positive note, yay! I'm excited that this seems to be catching on a bit.

I'm in. Not sure how you find someone, but I am Sei'taer on there too.

Sei'taer
10-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Finished level two (I think this is the fog level) in 22 moves. Not sure if that's good or not (probably not) but I'm working on it.

SauceyBlueConfetti
10-14-2011, 03:42 PM

Note to self: gang up on fdsa to beat him as he is easily angered and doesn't expect stupid moves
:)

fdsaf3
10-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Don't even go there! :p

I have tried every conceivable strategy on challenge level 2 and nothing has worked. It's impossible. Plus, I think the "dice" are loaded. I have lost too many 5v1 battles for them not to be.

So, tweaked AI targeted to focus on humans versus other AI, unfair dice, and two teams of three versus me? Yeah, it's impossible.

Juan
10-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Then we gotta get a game of all humans going. Probably be more fun that way anyway.

Davian93
10-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Damn you for posting this link...DAMN YOU TO HELL.

Risk is like crack to me...haven't stopped playing it in 4 hrs now.

Davian93
10-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Finished level two (I think this is the fog level) in 22 moves. Not sure if that's good or not (probably not) but I'm working on it.

Did Level 1 in 16 rounds
Did Level 2 in 17 rounds
Got my ass handed to me in Level 3 in something like 47 rounds. I had a nice little Empire set up that encompassed all of N. America, S. America with footholds in Asia, Hawaii and Africa before the AI destroyed me.

Sei'taer
10-15-2011, 12:17 AM
Did Level 1 in 16 rounds
Did Level 2 in 17 rounds
Got my ass handed to me in Level 3 in something like 47 rounds. I had a nice little Empire set up that encompassed all of N. America, S. America with footholds in Asia, Hawaii and Africa before the AI destroyed me.

Yeah, I've gotten hammered in level 3 twice now. I think I've got it figured out now though. (right, I'm a fucking addict now and I'll tell myself I've got it figured out until 3 or 4 am.)

Davian93
10-15-2011, 12:31 AM
Yeah, I've gotten hammered in level 3 twice now. I think I've got it figured out now though. (right, I'm a fucking addict now and I'll tell myself I've got it figured out until 3 or 4 am.)

Really? 3 times for me now...got killed when I started in N. America (twice) and when I started in Indonesia.

Its got to be beatable and I have a plan for a 4th shot...we'll see. The AI is unforgiving in Level 3.

fdsaf3
10-15-2011, 01:46 AM
If you think level 3 is bad, don't even try challenge level 2. It is nearly impossible. I say nearly because I have seen videos of people doing it, but they got incredibly, incomprehensibly, lucky.

Davian93
10-15-2011, 03:19 PM
If you go under the custom scenarios, there is a Westeros map...no Randland map yet but Westeros is fun. I'm recreating Robert's Rebellion as a custom scenario...and maybe the War of the Five Kings if I have enough time.

Khoram
10-15-2011, 05:29 PM
I started playing this last night, and have yet to complete level 3. It's bloody ridiculous is what it is! >:(

I finished level 1 in 8 moves, but level two I finished in 30 - however, by the time I surrounded the last AI, I had about 200 armies attacking him. >:) It was beautiful. :D

I gotta find some time away from it, though. It's taking away too much of my time. That, and Portal 2 :D

Davian93
10-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Level 3 is impossible...the AI basically cheats.

My Level 2 best is still 17 rounds.

I beat the Europe custom map which was surprisingly hard...took forever because there are so many damn territories. Westeros just took a good 4 hrs to conquer.

Rand al'Fain
10-15-2011, 11:45 PM
For a second, I thought you were going to post this site that I used to go to.

www.conquerclub.com

Play up to 4 games for free ($25 a year for premium, basically unlimited games), over a 100 different maps, thousands of different players, rankings for how good players are, team games, etc. Forums are also pretty active, but the off topics forum turned into a dump for politics sometime ago. But the game can be very addicting there.

Sukoto
10-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Argh!!! Curse you for introducing this site! I played this all weekend, and now the Mrs. is annoyed... just great.

Challenge mission 2 is impossible. I had a pretty good setup where I started in North Africa and pretty much had all of the continent to myself for a while, but then someone snuck up through Antarctica before I could secure the whole thing... grrr. This more complex map has way too many borders to defend.

Zanguini
10-16-2011, 10:34 PM
I started it name Zanguini of course

fdsaf3
10-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Argh!!! Curse you for introducing this site! I played this all weekend, and now the Mrs. is annoyed... just great.

Challenge mission 2 is impossible. I had a pretty good setup where I started in North Africa and pretty much had all of the continent to myself for a while, but then someone snuck up through Antarctica before I could secure the whole thing... grrr. This more complex map has way too many borders to defend.

Agreed, the mission is impossible. To be honest, I gave up after realizing that.

Davian93
10-17-2011, 08:42 AM
Level 1 is a joke...beat it in 9 moves now.
Level 2 is a joke...beat it in 16 moves now.
Level 3 is a disgusting monstrosity that is impossible to defeat. The best I've done is held on for around 40 rounds...and that took every once of knowledge I gained in the Rhuidean gateway to hold them off.

Playing the custom maps is wicked fun though...I've done the Europe map, the Westeros map, the Ireland/Great Britain map (that was wicked fun and actually easy if you get a good random layout...I got 2 territories in Ireland and 1 in Scotland right across from Ireland and ended up winning in 23 turns as I had a natural defensable starting point. The AI was tough on that one though.

However, Level 3 is impossible.

GonzoTheGreat
10-17-2011, 10:28 AM
With level 3, it helps to use the airdrops.

Also, some strategic reinforcing of the Norwegians can slow down the enemies conquest of Scandinavia considerably.

Sukoto
10-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Level 1 is a joke...beat it in 9 moves now.
Level 2 is a joke...beat it in 16 moves now.
Level 3 is a disgusting monstrosity that is impossible to defeat. The best I've done is held on for around 40 rounds...and that took every once of knowledge I gained in the Rhuidean gateway to hold them off.
Level 3 is not easy, but it's nothing compared to challenge level 2. On level 3, you've got 4 opponents, but none of them are allied. It's not impossible. On challenge 2, you're up against 2 teams of 3 allies each. The two teams are not allied, but you often find yourself sandwiched between them. And I swear they must be able to do multi-attacks, which you can't do.

Sei'taer
10-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Level 3 is not easy, but it's nothing compared to challenge level 2. On level 3, you've got 4 opponents, but none of them are allied. It's not impossible. On challenge 2, you're up against 2 teams of 3 allies each. The two teams are not allied, but you often find yourself sandwiched between them. And I swear they must be able to do multi-attacks, which you can't do.

So far on level three: I started in Antarctica and have captured all of Africa, all of South and central america and most of north america. I have Australia, NZ and the phillipnes and part of the middle east. I am on my 34 move and thigs are going pretty good. We'll see if i can get it to keep going. I have 6 cards saved up so I'm hoping if i get in a bind they will help me. We'll see how it goes. I had to stop for a while because my eyes were crossing.

Davian93
10-17-2011, 02:52 PM
You should use those cards to secure N. America...at that point you could probably begin to just chip away on a two pronged attack into Asia/Europe.

Besides a good frontal charge with your cavalry will disperse any foot your enemy tries to use in defense.

Sukoto
10-17-2011, 03:09 PM
I just beat level 3 in 30 turns. I started in Pakistan. I played it risky at the beginning, moving all my armies to capture one territory at a time, then leaving territories undefended as long as there were only 1 or 2 armies bordering while I branched out into several directions. It paid off. I captured Asia pretty quickly, then slowly worked on Europe, Africa and Australia. After that, it was a straight shot.

I just discovered the custom fictional maps, and I'm geeking out. They have full map of Arda!

Davian93
10-17-2011, 03:18 PM
I am highly annoyed by the lack of a proper WoT map...how can there be no WoT geeks on that site with map making abilities???

Sei'taer
10-17-2011, 03:28 PM
I am highly annoyed by the lack of a proper WoT map...how can there be no WoT geeks on that site with map making abilities???

I might give it a shot tonight after everyone goes to bed. I can draw plans...why nit a Randland map.

Khoram
10-17-2011, 03:32 PM
I might give it a shot tonight after everyone goes to bed. I can draw plans...why nit a Randland map.

Looking forward to it. :D

I wouldn't mind seeing it show up in Custom Maps. :)

Sei'taer
10-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Looking forward to it. :D

I wouldn't mind seeing it show up in Custom Maps. :)

All I can say is that I'll try. It may look like ass and i won't use it.

Khoram
10-17-2011, 05:46 PM
All I can say is that I'll try. It may look like ass and i won't use it.

It depends on whose ass it looks like, now doesn't it? ;)

Oh, and:

Do or do not. There is no "try". ;)

Cor Shan
10-17-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm Cor on there. Havent beaten Level three yet though

Edit: beat Level three starting in Italy and then won ~WWIIish map

Sei'taer
10-17-2011, 11:12 PM
woohoo! After the lessons I learned on my last loss, I was able to beat level three in 25 moves. It was awesome! I took all of antarctica, then all of africa and s. america, worked my way up through the middle east and the came from N. america across to europe and asia and then went down through india and the phillipnes and took australia last. I had 127 armies in NZ lmao.

Now, to try to make Randland.

Sei'taer
10-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Has anybody figured out how to search for players and start a game? I tried to start one with all of us, but I couldn't figure out how to invite anyone.

Davian93
10-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Has anybody figured out how to search for players and start a game? I tried to start one with all of us, but I couldn't figure out how to invite anyone.

I havent tried it but I thought it was by email address or something...

fdsaf3
10-18-2011, 05:57 PM
I havent tried it but I thought it was by email address or something...

It is.

If you guys aren't comfortable posting (and I understand if you aren't), let's pick one person to set up a game and we can PM that person our emails.

I also suggest we do a casual team game to start things off, but I'm open to an individual game as well.

Maybe teams of two playing the level 3 map of the world? Or a custom map, if you prefer.

Zanguini
10-18-2011, 06:30 PM
rad.zan.don@gmail.com

Cor Shan
10-18-2011, 08:05 PM
For those that know the NATO Alphabet

EchoKiloHotel2@SierraFoxtrotUniform.ca

Res_Ipsa
10-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Played Lord of the Rings risk throughout high school, with buddies, while on trips or hanging out ,and we never finished a single game; lasted hours and whoever held Mordor early and could last usually had too many advantages on defense to overcome.

Cor Shan
10-18-2011, 09:27 PM
We'd always bring it camping, because obviously, small game parts + camping is a good combination.

Khoram
10-18-2011, 09:34 PM
chris_johnston01@hotmail.com

I go by Khoram

Zanguini
10-18-2011, 09:38 PM
I vote sei gets us started. mainly because I cant access it from work. yet.

Khoram
10-18-2011, 09:58 PM
I vote sei gets us started. mainly because I cant access it from work. yet.

Sounds good to me. :D

Cor Shan
10-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Same here.

fdsaf3
10-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Just started a test game for people who posted their email addresses in this thread (and weren't the Nato alphabet). :D

It's easy to start a game. The problem is that non-members can't start a game with more than 6 players. I know we're right around that number now, so we might have to have more than one game going or do a raffle or something.

Edited to get Cor into the game. I doubt we'll play, though. This was just an exercise in seeing how easy inviting is.

Khoram
10-18-2011, 11:21 PM
As far as I can tell, it works. :D

Cor Shan
10-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Or have a bracket after the raffle.

Zanguini
10-19-2011, 12:34 AM
im up for playing the game out to see how long said game will take ... not that i am worried about it taking a long time.. just curious. I will access it once I am at home.

fdsaf3
10-19-2011, 08:06 AM
One of the great perks is that by choosing the map and other features (fog, cards, etc.) we can basically decide as a group how long and complicated we want our game to be. We also have the option of choosing to play continuously for a few hours or make a few moves a day and finish in a week. Something like correspondence chess.

Khoram
10-19-2011, 08:27 AM
I'll take a stab at it once I get to a computer.

Sei'taer
10-19-2011, 10:09 AM
everyone who wants to play needs to PM me an email addy and I'll set it up. I don't mind at all.

Khoram
10-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Now, my question is:

Would we go about playing on teams, or would we just do free-for-all? What's more interesting?

This, of course, being in general.

Sei'taer
10-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Now, my question is:

Would we go about playing on teams, or would we just do free-for-all? What's more interesting?

This, of course, being in general.

I think a free for all the first time would be more fun. Then if we want to try teams we can.

GonzoTheGreat
10-19-2011, 12:26 PM
16 turns for level 1. Which may not seem all that good, but it was a recovery after a failed attempt to do it in 6 turns. If you don't make it into Indonesia, things get a bit hairy for a (short) while.

fdsaf3
10-19-2011, 01:40 PM
16 turns for level 1. Which may not seem all that good, but it was a recovery after a failed attempt to do it in 6 turns. If you don't make it into Indonesia, things get a bit hairy for a (short) while.

So much luck is needed in this game. It's a bit silly. If you don't conquer Ukraine and the country southeast of there in the first turn, restart. Simple as that.

As far as the Theoryland game goes, I have a few thoughts:

I think a free for all the first time would be more fun. Then if we want to try teams we can.

I'm personally fine with either. If we do a free for all, I propose we should have a set of gentleman's rules we abide by. A few include:

1. No secret communication between players to conspire or act together. I have played games of Risk in real life where house rules allow or expressly forbid coordination or conspiring between players. Both approaches have pros and cons. I wouldn't presume to set these rules for our group, but I think we should decide before the game starts how we want to handle it. I think that in any event, secret communication takes too much away from the game and should be banned outright.

2. No computer aid in simulating events or planning strategies (this is actually more useful than you might think). This was always the agreement when playing correspondence chess (no Fritz).

3. Don't take anything personally. I dislike playing these games with people who will take an attack against them in the game as a personal offence. Sorry, but someone has to be attacked in this game. It's the way it works.

Maybe it's silly to have outside rules for the game. I've just been in similar situations and had things turn out badly, so I'm trying to prevent some of that frustration.

Khoram
10-20-2011, 11:25 AM
So much luck is needed in this game. It's a bit silly. If you don't conquer Ukraine and the country southeast of there in the first turn, restart. Simple as that.

As far as the Theoryland game goes, I have a few thoughts:

I'm personally fine with either. If we do a free for all, I propose we should have a set of gentleman's rules we abide by. A few include:

1. No secret communication between players to conspire or act together. I have played games of Risk in real life where house rules allow or expressly forbid coordination or conspiring between players. Both approaches have pros and cons. I wouldn't presume to set these rules for our group, but I think we should decide before the game starts how we want to handle it. I think that in any event, secret communication takes too much away from the game and should be banned outright.

2. No computer aid in simulating events or planning strategies (this is actually more useful than you might think). This was always the agreement when playing correspondence chess (no Fritz).

3. Don't take anything personally. I dislike playing these games with people who will take an attack against them in the game as a personal offence. Sorry, but someone has to be attacked in this game. It's the way it works.

Maybe it's silly to have outside rules for the game. I've just been in similar situations and had things turn out badly, so I'm trying to prevent some of that frustration.

Darn. I was hoping to ally myself with Zan. :D

Then again, that's what team matches are for.:rolleyes:

These sound good. I'm looking forward to winning the match (next thing you know, I'll be first one out XD).

Zanguini
10-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Darn. I was hoping to ally myself with Zan. :D

You would be wise to select such a course. I used to play every night except thursday. While I was in training in terez's neck of the woods.

Longest game lasted three days. I won three ladder tourneys.

Khoram
10-20-2011, 10:34 PM
So I FINALLY finished level 3 - did it in 22 turns - just missed the gold star. :(

It's about bloody time, too. I was getting disheartened. Now to concentrate more on multi-player...

You would be wise to select such a course. I used to play every night except thursday. While I was in training in terez's neck of the woods.

Longest game lasted three days. I won three ladder tourneys.

I have been told in the past that I am wise beyond my years. ;)

fdsaf3
10-21-2011, 09:20 AM
So I FINALLY finished level 3 - did it in 22 turns - just missed the gold star. :(

Level 3 in 22 turns?! Holy smokes. That seems impossible to me. My best is (I think) around 26. My average is around 30 since I am usually not paying close enough attention to the game and forget to transfer units or attack all the countries I want to attack.

Also, I realize it's my turn in the multiplayer game, but I've been really busy the past few days. I'll get to it in a few hours when I'm on lunch break, I promise! (hope)

Sei'taer
10-21-2011, 10:45 PM
ok, so I'm starting a game with Khoram, Davian, Zan and Cor because thats all the emails I have. If anyone else wants in the next one I need an email addy.

Zanguini
10-24-2011, 05:08 AM
someone kick bryans ass in gear so we can start

balefired
10-26-2011, 01:55 AM
Was surfing around and found this today.

Firstly, damn you. Damn you straight to hell.

Got level 3 on my 3rd try, did not realize until after the first two tries were miserable failures that slow and steady definitely does not win the race in the early game.

Still took 37 turns though, mainly because I like to build up gigantic armies and concentrate attacks with well defended borders.

I am down for the group game if there is still room. Throw me a pm or whatever.

Khoram
10-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Finished Crazy Challenge in 28 turns. Now on to the last challenge.

Does anybody know what happens once you beat everything? Is there a kill screen? :D

Zanguini
10-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Ninjas from North Korea kidnap you and make you lead their armies to victory against the capitalist aggressors.

Khoram
10-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Ninjas from North Korea kidnap you and make you lead their armies to victory against the capitalist aggressors.

Who's saying the ninjas can get to you?

You've already prepared for the worst, and have a cyanide pill at the ready, safe from North Korean ninjas and easily accessible in case the ninjas are able to get to you.

Of course, you are also a ninja, because you expected this to happen to you one day, and are able to fight off the ninjas single handedly. And if you die in the process, well, you just saved capitalism from North Korea. You're Man enough not to worry about people not knowing about this, your finest hour.

Sukoto
10-29-2011, 08:56 PM
I did it! I beat challenge level 2 (Crazy) in 52 turns. It helped that I was able to capture all of North America before I encountered anyone. South America and Greenland came very soon after, then it was pretty slow and steady to capture Antarctica, Africa and Europe. I had to go back and forth with the AI a lot there. Defense won in the mid game, then once I had secured Africa, it was a sprint to the finish. Whew! I don't know how many tries it took to beat that one. I already tried the "Insane" level once. It really is insane. You vs. a team of 5. Hah!

EDIT: Right, guess I missed Khoram's post about him beating Crazy in 28 turns. How?

Khoram
11-02-2011, 11:44 AM
EDIT: Right, guess I missed Khoram's post about him beating Crazy in 28 turns. How?

I don't really know. I started in Antarctica, and basically moved up through South America, Africa and Australia from there -I ended up leaving Greenland and Western Europe for last. :/ I guess I was just lucky. :D

Oh and guys, are we starting the second match? If Bryan's not gonna play, can we just kick him from this match so we can get it started?

And Sei, how goes the Randland map? :D

Sei'taer
11-02-2011, 12:03 PM
I don't really know. I started in Antarctica, and basically moved up through South America, Africa and Australia from there -I ended up leaving Greenland and Western Europe for last. :/ I guess I was just lucky. :D

Oh and guys, are we starting the second match? If Bryan's not gonna play, can we just kick him from this match so we can get it started?

And Sei, how goes the Randland map? :D

Slow.

I started a new game and deleted the old one.

Khoram
11-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Slow.

I started a new game and deleted the old one.

As long as it's going. ;)

Now to wait some more. :D

fdsaf3
11-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Anyone playing in the test game - my life is way too busy to devote any serious thought or planning to this game. Therefore, I humbly surrender.

I will continue taking my turns as required by the game until all of you accept my surrender.

Maybe we can get another game going in a month or so when I'll actually have some time to devote to it.

Good luck everyone.

Davian93
11-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Sorry if I was holding anything up...I never got any emails to join.

Khoram
11-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Anyone playing in the test game - my life is way too busy to devote any serious thought or planning to this game. Therefore, I humbly surrender.

I will continue taking my turns as required by the game until all of you accept my surrender.

Maybe we can get another game going in a month or so when I'll actually have some time to devote to it.

Good luck everyone.

Surrender? Never! *angry smiley*

In all seriousness, I'll gladly accept your terms; this means I'm not the first out! :D Huzzah!

Khoram
11-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Sorry if I was holding anything up...I never got any emails to join.
Generally, no emails means you aren't holding anything up ;)

So Zan, on this second turn of the new game, how goes your army building? *conspiratorial wink*

Davian93
11-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Generally, no emails means you aren't holding anything up ;)

So Zan, on this second turn of the new game, how goes your army building? *conspiratorial wink*

Taer had mentioned he was going to invite me to the game earlier in the thread so I wasn't sure...

Sei'taer
11-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Taer had mentioned he was going to invite me to the game earlier in the thread so I wasn't sure...

I did, but maybe I got the email wrong. I thought I sent it to the right one though. Same one I sent the plan to you a couple of months back...I think.

Zanguini
11-06-2011, 05:44 PM
your turn there sei

and my army building is fine I shall have complete world domination any time now.

Khoram
11-06-2011, 06:53 PM
your turn there sei

and my army building is fine I shall have complete world domination any time now.

Makes perfect sense... unless I can stop you. :D

Davian93
11-06-2011, 09:28 PM
I did, but maybe I got the email wrong. I thought I sent it to the right one though. Same one I sent the plan to you a couple of months back...I think.

Weird...maybe it went to my junk folder or something. Though it shouldn't have as you are in the contacts.

Odd.

Zanguini
11-07-2011, 05:08 AM
Makes perfect sense... unless I can stop you. :D

your not slowing me down much in the other game

Khoram
11-07-2011, 09:41 AM
your not slowing me down much in the other game

That's the other game. That was just a test. ;) This new one's (hopefully) gonna be different. XD

Sei'taer
12-11-2011, 08:48 PM
C'mon, Cor! The world domination is waiting on you.

Khoram
12-11-2011, 11:34 PM
Are you so cocky, Cor, as to think that you're able to take your sweet time about playing? ;)

C'mon and fight like a MAN! :D

Cor Shan
12-12-2011, 04:00 AM
Sorry guys, I had my laptop and cell turned off due to visiting my girlfriend. I'm back now though :P

Davian93
12-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Sorry guys, I had my laptop and cell turned off due to visiting my girlfriend. I'm back now though :P

You seriously need to readjust your priorities. Online Risk is far more important than a mere girlfriend.

GonzoTheGreat
12-12-2011, 09:34 AM
You seriously need to readjust your priorities. Online Risk is far more important than a mere girlfriend.
Are Risk and girlfriends compatible at all?

Davian93
12-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Are Risk and girlfriends compatible at all?

I still have one and I play it online all the time...

Khoram
12-12-2011, 10:35 AM

Really. By learning the intricate complexities of Online Risk, you will also begin to learn how to understand the intricate complexities that is the wimminz.

Your girlfriend will appreciate what we're doing for you.

Khoram
12-12-2011, 10:36 AM
I still have one and I play it online all the time...

You play your woman online? :eek:

Cor Shan
12-12-2011, 01:17 PM
You play your woman online? :eek:

+1

Khoram
12-13-2011, 12:50 PM
C'mon Zan! As much as I like you picking on me, and me alone, why don't you go pick on somebody your own size?

And don't say it's cause I'm in your way.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think that you really like me, and like hanging around me. :D

Sei'taer
12-13-2011, 02:43 PM
C'mon Zan! As much as I like you picking on me, and me alone, why don't you go pick on somebody your own size?

And don't say it's cause I'm in your way.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think that you really like me, and like hanging around me. :D

Don't worry, I just found you all, so now the fun begins

Khoram
12-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Don't worry, I just found you all, so now the fun begins

This is the part where I get sandwiched, isn't it? :(

Khoram
12-13-2011, 08:16 PM
You misbegotten, milk-livered barnacle, Zan. :mad: How dare you do this to me!

*sigh*

I hope I fulfilled Zae's quotient for Shakespearean insulting. :rolleyes: I do, however, have more, if you'd like. :P

Sei'taer
12-13-2011, 09:02 PM
You misbegotten, milk-livered barnacle, Zan. :mad: How dare you do this to me!

*sigh*

I hope I fulfilled Zae's quotient for Shakespearean insulting. :rolleyes: I do, however, have more, if you'd like. :P

I'm so screwed.

Davian93
12-13-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm so screwed.

Attack me? From hell's heart, I stab at thee!

Khoram
12-13-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm so screwed.

I find the ass in compound with the major part of your syllables.

Sei'taer
12-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Attack me? From hell's heart, I stab at thee!

Why did I go that way? I was having a great old time going the other way, but I just had to spread it out.

Khoram
12-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Why did I go that way? I was having a great old time going the other way, but I just had to spread it out.

"... I ran out of land."

Well, you could have spread another way, no? :p

I guess we can say that Zan is spacious in the possession of dirt, no?

Davian93
12-14-2011, 08:28 AM
Zan and Taer had the best two starting points...and for some damn reason it started Cor and I right bloody next to each other.

Sei'taer
12-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Zan and Taer had the best two starting points...and for some damn reason it started Cor and I right bloody next to each other.

I should have got a good starting spot, since I'm ALONE!!!

Khoram
12-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I should have got a good starting spot, since I'm ALONE!!!

Lol

We were wondering what you were up to - whether you had met up with Zan or Cor and met your demise, what you were doing.

You never know where you'll end up - I've been on the run from Zan since about the 4th or 5th round. I wouldn't have been surprised had you ended up next to one of us at the beginning, though.

Sei'taer
12-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Lol

We were wondering what you were up to - whether you had met up with Zan or Cor and met your demise, what you were doing.

You never know where you'll end up - I've been on the run from Zan since about the 4th or 5th round. I wouldn't have been surprised had you ended up next to one of us at the beginning, though.

Dav is the only one I've run into yet, but I did use a card to see where you were. I think I'm going to need about 4 or 5 reinforcement cards.

Davian93
12-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Dav is the only one I've run into yet, but I did use a card to see where you were. I think I'm going to need about 4 or 5 reinforcement cards.

I've got a beautiful bridge for sale if you want it...

Sei'taer
12-14-2011, 02:42 PM
I've got a beautiful bridge for sale if you want it...

Are you trying to bribe me? Me? The General of the Southern Border? The Bringer of Pain? The one who did most of a quote from Henry V by Bill Shakster?

Where do you need me?

Cor Shan
12-14-2011, 04:01 PM
I'll admit starting next to Dav was a PITA.

Davian93
12-14-2011, 04:07 PM
I'll admit starting next to Dav was a PITA.

LOL...for both of us.

Cor Shan
12-14-2011, 05:14 PM
See, I was just going to expand away from you, which is easier for both of us, but noooo :rolleyes:

Khoram
12-14-2011, 05:17 PM
See, I was just going to expand away from you, which is easier for both of us, but noooo :rolleyes:

I tried to warn him that going after you right away was suicide, but did he listen? Nooooo... :rolleyes:

That probably would have brought Sei into the game sooner, too.

Davian93
12-14-2011, 05:21 PM
I tried to warn him that going after you right away was suicide, but did he listen? Nooooo... :rolleyes:

That probably would have brought Sei into the game sooner, too.

I had sound reasons for what I did with that setup. It just hasn't worked out as well as it could have. Cor could have just retreated east but no, he was stubborn.

Khoram
12-14-2011, 05:26 PM
I had sound reasons for what I did with that setup. It just hasn't worked out as well as it could have. Cor could have just retreated east but no, he was stubborn.

So it's really Cor's fault. Shame, Cor. Shame. We had to leave Sei all alone because you had to go up against Dav.

Cor Shan
12-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Mind you, I still don't own my starting territory

Khoram
12-14-2011, 05:30 PM
And you won't, if we have our way with you (and by "we", I of course mean Dav :D).

Davian93
12-14-2011, 05:31 PM

You wouldn't like it anyway...its really hot and there are mosquitoes. You should have just headed east.

Khoram
12-14-2011, 05:34 PM

It's not like you'd have access to many different territories or enemies from there, either, so it isn't worth the effort.

Sei'taer
12-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Going east would have been fine as far as I'm concerned.

I'm glad it started that way, it gave me time to play and I didn't have to work real hard to capture half the world.

In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya:

"I... am not left-handed.

Khoram
12-14-2011, 06:00 PM
In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya:

"I... am not left-handed.

I, however, am. :D

It's times like these where I wish that the use of gas hadn't been outlawed by the Geneva Conventions. It was nice knowing you guys. :(

But not TOO nice. ;)

Sei'taer
12-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Oh sure, just give up on each other and come after me. The only one I'm not fighting is Zan...I'm sure I'll run into him pretty soon.

Khoram
12-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Oh sure, just give up on each other and come after me. The only one I'm not fighting is Zan...I'm sure I'll run into him pretty soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was on your porch right now. :evil smiley:

Davian93
12-14-2011, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he was on your porch right now. :evil smiley:

Well, he is getting like 90 armies per turn and all...

Zanguini
12-14-2011, 10:43 PM
knock knock

Khoram
12-14-2011, 10:57 PM
knock knock

Who's there?

Davian93
12-14-2011, 11:02 PM
knock knock

You know, I've always found Orange to be a far more threatening color than Green...go bash on the Protestant and leave us alone.

Khoram
12-14-2011, 11:03 PM
You know, I've always found Orange to be a far more threatening color than Green...go bash on the Protestant and leave us alone.

There's a reason why our team is made up of green, you know. ;)

Sei'taer
12-14-2011, 11:29 PM
There's a reason why our team is made up of green, you know. ;)

I got greens and purples all over me. his is where it gets tough, gentlemen. You know what they say...

When the going gets tough, Billy Ocean sings you a song.

Khoram
12-14-2011, 11:31 PM
I got greens and purples all over me. his is where it gets tough, gentlemen. You know what they say...

When the going gets tough, Billy Ocean sings you a song.

I'd really rather the tough got going, to be honest. ;)

Zanguini
12-15-2011, 10:57 AM
It is because you have the audacity to choose a similar color to me and so now you must feel my wrath. Sei is orange and that is cute and all but not high on my list of priorities.

Davian93
12-15-2011, 11:04 AM
I've given my armies orders to fight to the last man....GIVE THEM THE BAYONET!!!

Khoram
12-15-2011, 11:43 AM
I'll be taking out as many God-forsaken armies that I possibly can. We'll be fighting tooth and nail, and we won't quit. Not for anybody.

Cor Shan
12-15-2011, 02:30 PM
I like how noone else is purple

Sei'taer
12-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Screw you ALL!

Khoram
12-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Screw you ALL!

You're welcome. :)

Sei'taer
12-15-2011, 10:17 PM
You're welcome. :)

Good thing I've got a shitload of armies to burn...Fucking Not!

Khoram
12-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Good thing I've got a shitload of armies to burn...

'Tis. Now all you need to worry about is what to feed them. :p

Zanguini
12-15-2011, 10:56 PM
if you should all surrender peacefully and only your men and ugly women will be shipped off to the frozen north... quebec

Khoram
12-15-2011, 11:01 PM
if you should all surrender peacefully and only your men and ugly women will be shipped off to the frozen north... quebec

Hey! We're not frozen. Not yet, at least; how far north in Quebec do you plan on sending the men and ugly women?

And Dav's pretty much here anyways, so the only person it'll be affecting is Sei.

Don't worry, Sei. The temperatures rarely go below -35 C. :D

Apparently, Quebec is Zan's penal colony of choice.

Cor Shan
12-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Also, Quebec has poutine.

Khoram
12-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Also, Quebec has poutine.

You can't go wrong with that. :D

Zanguini
12-16-2011, 07:26 AM
there are swiss chalets all over... at least when i was there last

Khoram
12-16-2011, 11:17 AM
there are swiss chalets all over... at least when i was there last

I haven't seen a Swiss Chalet in ages. Then again, I can't say for downtown - I live in the west of Montreal. There used to be one nearby, but it's no longer there. :(

Davian93
12-16-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm already in the North...now I'm gonna gut your younger brothers and burn Winterfell to the ground.

Khoram
12-16-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm already in the North...now I'm gonna gut your younger brothers and burn Winterfell to the ground.

Make up for what I lost, eh?

Sei'taer
12-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Now, let's get to it, shall we?

Cor Shan
12-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Yup. Let's do this. Dav and Zan should come home from work/school now.

Davian93
12-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Yup. Let's do this. Dav and Zan should come home from work/school now.

I hope 'Taer appreciates the Death Ride I'm going on through Zan's territories.

Sei'taer
12-16-2011, 06:30 PM
I hope 'Taer appreciates the Death Ride I'm going on through Zan's territories.

I think I just ran into Zan...or it's Khoram...I can't tell the colors apart. I guess we'll know soon enough

Khoram
12-16-2011, 09:42 PM
I think I just ran into Zan...or it's Khoram...I can't tell the colors apart. I guess we'll know soon enough

My green is brighter than Zan's. His is the deep, dark, almost black green. ;)

Sei'taer
12-16-2011, 11:11 PM
It's Zan. And I found Cor at almost the same time.

Khoram
12-16-2011, 11:22 PM
It's Zan. And I found Cor at almost the same time.

Well, they ARE on the same team, you know. ;)

And I bet you wouldn't be able to tell me where I am. Unless, of course, you have a Spy Card or you're extremely lucky with a Recon Card. :rolleyes:

Sukoto
12-17-2011, 01:27 AM
What map are you guys playing? Westeros?

Sei'taer
12-17-2011, 12:02 PM
What map are you guys playing? Westeros?

Yeah, and it's a pain. There are rivers and lakes and mountains and all kinds of stuff in the way that makes it nearly impossible in certain areas to move to an adjacent land and conquer it. It makes for a tough game, but it's been pretty fun so far.

Davian and Khoram are on one team, Zanguini and Cor Shan are on another and I'm all by my lonesome. Luckily I got a pretty good starting place so I've been able to go and build my armies up some without running into any of the other teams. The problem is that you build armies a lot faster when you are fighting the others (and winning) and I'm just now really getting into the mix.

We'll see if I built up enough strength to take Zan and Cor on at the same time since they've apparently been mopping the floor with Dav and Khoram.

Khoram
12-17-2011, 12:21 PM
We'll see if I built up enough strength to take Zan and Cor on at the same time since they've apparently been mopping the floor with Dav and Khoram.

They were lucky. If it hadn't been for Zan, we would have had this in the bag.

No offense, Cor. :D

Cor Shan
12-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Haha yeah. Due to my crappy starting position it took a while to get established - now witness the firepower of this armed and fully operational Risk player.

(derp)

Khoram
12-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Haha yeah. Due to my crappy starting position it took a while to get established - now witness the firepower of this armed and fully operational Risk player.

(derp)

Now that you've said that...

A small, one-man fighter should be able to penetrate the defense.

Now, you must be wondering: What good are snub fighters going to be against you?

Well, Zan and Cor don't consider a small one-man fighter to
be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense.

Sei'taer
12-18-2011, 01:49 AM

(derp)

Don't get cocky, Kid.

Sei'taer
12-18-2011, 09:20 PM
U.G.L.Y.

Khoram
12-18-2011, 09:24 PM
U.G.L.Y.

You ain't got no alibi.

Sei'taer
12-18-2011, 09:39 PM
You ain't got no alibi.

Hey, Hey, you Ugly!

Khoram
12-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Hey, Hey, you Ugly!

Sticks and stones may break my bones... and swords... and artillery... and many armies attacking me in one position... and now Dav's been assimilated by the Borg, so I'm all alone... :sad crying face:

*lies down in fetal position, sucking on thumb*

May the last Embrace of the Mother welcome you home, Dav. :( *sigh*

Never give up. NEVER SURRENDER!

Davian93
12-18-2011, 10:03 PM
I'd like to think I slowed Zan down a few turns...at least.

I had a fun jaunt through the North, the islands, Qohor, etc.

Khoram
12-18-2011, 10:12 PM
I'd like to think I slowed Zan down a few turns...at least.

I had a fun jaunt through the North, the islands, Qohor, etc.

While I was struggling through the desert, searching for an oasis I could call my own. :rolleyes:

Khoram
12-19-2011, 04:48 PM
We be waitin' on you, Zan!

Sei'taer
12-19-2011, 06:11 PM
We be waitin' on you, Zan!

I see about 300 armies attacking my 25. Things are looking up!

Khoram
12-19-2011, 08:41 PM
I see about 300 armies attacking my 25. Things are looking up!

Hey! You managed to get 25? Good for you! :D

Sei'taer
12-20-2011, 11:31 PM
I think this game is going to be fun! Leave Khoram alone until turn 11.

Khoram
12-20-2011, 11:36 PM
I think this game is going to be fun! Leave Khoram alone until turn 11.

Lol. I should start gathering the tools I'll need for the building of the new TL vending machine then, no? Cause, although we have the cooler next to the ESC Couch, it never hurts to have that extra bit of booze-in-a-can.

And did I mention that the vending machine would be free of charge for all HotH? (Sorry Cor) Unfortunately, I'd have to pay, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice. :D

fdsaf3
12-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm posting this at work because my roommate hasn't paid our internet bill in two months and they turned it off. Yeah, he's an idiot.

Anyway, Warlight is blocked on my work computer so I won't be able to make a move for a bit longer. I'm sure I'm holding up the game. Thanks for being patient while I get this all figured out.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas (or a nice, relaxing weekend if you don't celebrate)! Enjoy your time before the New Year! :)

Davian93
12-27-2011, 09:03 AM
No big deal man...its a multi day game either way.

Besides, I have other games going anyway so its nice to be able to focus on those.

Khoram
12-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Don't worry about it; although I'm always enjoying it when we get through a turn in the game, I haven't had the time lately to get onto my computer (this coming from my iPod). Take as much time as you need.

Khoram
01-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Sweet! Now we can get back to our regular-scheduled Online Risk game.

Looking forward to mess that this will turn into. :D

ShadowbaneX
01-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Just out of curiosity have any of you guys heard of Twilight Imperium?

Davian93
01-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Hey guys, check your inbox for another invite. I sent one out for another free-for-all using the British Isles map and just light fog (to compromise with fdsaf as he didnt care for regular fog)

No teams, just a 6 way free-for-all for domination.

Sei'taer
01-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Hey guys, check your inbox for another invite. I sent one out for another free-for-all using the British Isles map and just light fog (to compromise with fdsaf as he didnt care for regular fog)

No teams, just a 6 way free-for-all for domination.

Woohoo! Another ass kickin'

Khoram
01-12-2012, 11:30 PM
It's gonna get messy.

Zanguini
01-16-2012, 08:08 AM
We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the new world, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Davian93
01-16-2012, 02:08 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5TjoHMxwekA/S7gm8Lg7EJI/AAAAAAAAAxU/2Lej-7FdJUU/s400/33110+Edward+I+sized.jpg

"Archers"

"But wont we hit our own men, Sire?"

"Yes, but we'll hit theirs as well and we have reserves. Bring me Wallace...alive if possible. Dead...just as good. Shall we retire?"

Zanguini
01-16-2012, 08:56 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3zTEsIPsw3F02yji9bQSu9ua11_Ukl BLtB_gNc7D_sG5dv1uK

Unlike some other Robin Hood's I can speak with an English Accent.

Davian93
01-16-2012, 09:06 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3zTEsIPsw3F02yji9bQSu9ua11_Ukl BLtB_gNc7D_sG5dv1uK

Unlike some other Robin Hood's I can speak with an English Accent.

http://www.thisblogrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/RobRoyLiamNeeson.jpg

It is a matter of honor for the MacGregor clan.

Sei'taer
01-16-2012, 09:13 PM
http://www.thisblogrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/RobRoyLiamNeeson.jpg

It is a matter of honor for the MacGregor clan.

Bastard stole my kilt.

Khoram
01-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Bastard stole my kilt.

Here, have a shiny, new, ice cold beer (or dull, old and warm, whichever suits your fancy) from the new, freshly built Theoryland Vending Machine. :D

Free for all HotH.

Now, to find a place to put it...

Davian93
01-22-2012, 07:26 PM
fdsaf, are you not interested in continuing our Risk game?

Its been a good week without a move now.

The Great Serpent
01-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Just out of curiosity have any of you guys heard of Twilight Imperium?

I own it, SBX, in the event nobody answers you between this post and the end of the thread.

Zanguini
01-23-2012, 09:36 PM
maybe he really did poison his roomate

fdsaf3
01-23-2012, 11:46 PM
Shit, I checked a while ago, didn't see a move, and forgot. :o

Khoram
01-24-2012, 12:20 AM
I'll get to it sometime tomorrow - I just finished Day 1 of the P90X, amd I have no desire to do anything other than sleep. It'll be interesting to see how my games will go tomorrow. I'll be exhausted every day for the next 90 days. Wish me luck.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'mma go collapse on my bed.

Sei'taer
01-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Y'all check the game. I had to surrender, for obvious reasons, but you have to vote to allow me to surrender. I'll let you know when I can get in on another game.

Khoram
01-31-2012, 12:19 AM
Y'all check the game. I had to surrender, for obvious reasons, but you have to vote to allow me to surrender. I'll let you know when I can get in on another game.

Don't worry about it. Take all the time you need. It means easier pickings, no? ;)

The surrendering has me wondering, though... who gets your territories? Are they divided up equally, or do we just fight over them? I didn't notice when fdsaf3 surrendered in the earlier match.

Cor Shan
01-31-2012, 02:04 AM
I believe they revert to neutral. So whoever conquers them gets them.